1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

so what happened to filesonic?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by vdcoiphimtv, Jan 21, 2012.

1. nokep

nokep Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think they changed their policy in order to survive, because else they are next

nokep, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  2. hakmarrje

hakmarrje Peon

Best Answers:
    apparently they are back with filevelocity.com....

hakmarrje, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  3. comanchi

comanchi Peon

Best Answers:
    Stop say bullshit

comanchi, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  4. tom.jeraldino

tom.jeraldino Active Member

Best Answers:
    So, you're basically saying that only the mid-sized companies will survive? I disagree with that. People shouldn't panic, but mostly because they've given 1 lesson, the next victim will chosen much later

tom.jeraldino, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  5. Just A Wag

Just A Wag Peon

Best Answers:
    People say what they think - that's why it's called a forum (look the word up).
    As for file velocity - well if that ain't the same crew as filesonic then I'd be more than surprised ! It's a dirty business this file hosting.

Just A Wag, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  6. Sam Gilmore

Sam Gilmore Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely agree with you, Tom))

Sam Gilmore, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  7. Shark Hunter

Shark Hunter Peon

Best Answers:
    Alexa reports a huge drop in FS pageviews in the last quarter of January. and many view would be failed attempts. nobody is using them for uploads, and few would trust them for storage given that Rapidshare has cornerd that market. I have absolutely no use for their service.

Shark Hunter, Feb 1, 2012 IP
  8. tom.jeraldino

Best Answers:
    Well, that's true. Seems like their decision to close the sharing feature has become a sort of a suicide

tom.jeraldino, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  9. dkp

dkp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is filesonic's digital fingerprint is still active even after sharing functions is disabled so files getting deleted daily for no reason. I think they should disable digital fingerprint feature as its unnecessary when sharing is not possible.

dkp, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  10. peter9

peter9 Member

Best Answers:
    Megaupload was taken down for at least 20 additional reasons that have nothing to do with Filesonic or even other hosts. Also Megaupload's example shows you that a filehost that doesn't give a cent to their users can be one of the top problems in the file sharing industry. FSC and alike weren't really thrown in jail if you haven't noticed, their servers and sites are still active. The laws probably changed in America and other countries for this. This would have probably happened irrelevant to Megaupload.

Space on servers comes with a price, they are no longer getting paid by people as before... I don't think they're doing this because of "legal matters" and they "just wanna be copyright-friendly".

peter9, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  11. brimleal

brimleal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its sad for us really,like dumbasses we backed up our info to filesonic which was completely leagle and 80 percent of it was deleted. come to find out our company server got fragged and when we went to retrieve our data it was deleted. i do not know what there fingerprinting service does, but it fucked us Royaly

brimleal, Feb 11, 2012 IP
  12. tom.jeraldino

Best Answers:
    this is, in fact, the common users' opinion now, and it's justified, from my point of view

tom.jeraldino, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  13. bengouissem

bengouissem Active Member

Best Answers:
    And you know what's worse ?? Me and some others who believed in FileSonic making our last payment for the last week. How silly we were :(

bengouissem, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  14. Just A Wag

Just A Wag Peon

Best Answers:
    Heads up for those who still have their failsonic account and files - if you remote your files to some other host you will get ONE go - all files that you remote out will be deleted from failsonic within a couple of days.
    And a heads up for anyone thinking of using them for legit storage - don't - just don't. You will loose your files to either deletion or corruption, and customer support is really a bad joke (well it always was lol). Failsonic has earned it's new nickname for a good reason - I wouldn't even poke them with a stick (I'd hit them with it though lol).
    If anyone has any private contact info for the scumbags at failsonic I'd like to hear about it ;)

Just A Wag, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  15. anarxialevan

anarxialevan Member

Best Answers:
    where is HISH that filesonic WHORE!!!

anarxialevan, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  16. bengouissem

Best Answers:
    Now HISH is on FileVelocity, it is clear from the words, the way they advertise and everything that it is the same peaople from FileSonic that are running now FileVelocity.
    And the funniest part is: uploaders will be joining by thousands and they will reupload all what they had on FileSonic to FileVelocity, people will be buying premium accounts and after a few months, once they reach the maximum of users and premium sales start slowing down they will screw everyone again and run away and restart with a new host.
    FileSonic itself was SharingMatrix and then they changed the website theme confusing everyone after months of habits without a single word that they are going to change the theme or consulting their uploaders and affiliates.

17. djkelaj

djkelaj Member

Best Answers:
    filevelocity is not filesonic .. count on me I got photo of HISH after eat our money

here HISH it is

[​IMG]

djkelaj, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  18. Just A Wag

Just A Wag Peon

Best Answers:
    ROTFL :)
    Yeha I also thought filevelocity was the same firm, but now I'm not so sure 'cos you'd think if they had that amount of experience running a file host then filevelocity wouldn't be such a pile of crap.

19. bengouissem

Best Answers:
    Have you forgotten the weeks of infinte technical problems we had with FileSonic ?? have you forgotten the low speeds, the missing files, the jumping stats, the "application error" screens... and all that just a few months ago around october/november 2011 and so many other problems every week !!
    See the FileSonic official thread to see what I'm talking about.
    Or maybe ask one of the other uploaders who was a "long time" affiliate of FileSonic.

20. Just A Wag

Just A Wag Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope - didn't forget any of that, not for a second. But - they did improve and I guess learned a lot from doing it, and that experience and knowledge seems to be missing at filevelocity as far as I can see. For what it's worth I most certainly was a "long time" affiliate of FileSonic - the official thread you mentioned will prove that if you care or if it matters (it doesn't to me).