1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to prevent auto bloggers and articles coping.

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by U-Tag, Sep 15, 2011.

Today i again notice that another person coping my blog articles. He copied 30 articles. I think this one also effect reduce my blog keywords posistion. Now i disable my blog text selecting and i disable full Rss feeds. So are there any other way to prevent articles coping.
    Now i report that issue hope relevent autorities will remove them.
    So please tell me how to maximize my blog articles protection and how to prevent coping them.

U-Tag, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  2. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you have done what you can defensively. Now you have to go on the offense by firing off DMCA notices.

Use your site name in your articles a few times. That way when you do file a DMCA, it makes it much easier to prove the source of the article. Savvy thieves will remove it but most of them use automated tools that don't catch such things. It also serves as a flag to anyone reading the other site that they have stolen content and who the true author is.

YMC, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  3. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    Pretty much what YMC said.

if you can determine his IP, you can ban it too. Or supply some rather more 'interesting' content for his scraper.

contentboss, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  4. Touqeer

Touqeer Peon

Best Answers:
    copying content doest not affect your postion.. i see my posts are being coppied but im with same postion... so its not that much big issue if someone copy your content but its about your privecy.... but related to SEO it wouldnot work if copying content can reduce wikipeid, news papers and magazines PR then they will be 0 cuz many ppl get inormation from major sites... copying content does not reduce your PR or position.. you need to do organic seo to say there where you are.

Touqeer, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  5. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is not always true. It all depends on the strength of the site that your stolen content appears on. My article had been online for years when a stolen copy appeared via a Yahoo! Answers feed on a major corporation's site. They were outranking me for several terms before I got it pulled.

YMC, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  6. jewel3000

jewel3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've read that Matt Cutts of Google wants people like you to tell him who is scraping your articles. I know he's tweeted about it, saying that Google's going after these people. Google also wants others to be reported to them, and they will "Pandalize" them.

You probably can do a search for "Pandalize" and find out the steps to make Google go after whoever's doing this to your content.

jewel3000, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  7. Dillan

Dillan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ya, me too facing like this ... But i don't know how to protect by articles. . .

Dillan, Nov 12, 2011 IP
  8. 913imer

913imer Member

Best Answers:
    Do a little research on the guy stealing your stuff and send him a letter stating that you are ready to sue for copyright infringement if he doesn't remove the content. If you need help getting this low life's info let me know.

913imer, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  9. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    Now there's some great advice. Police the web, you little net-vigilante, you.

contentboss, Dec 1, 2011 IP
  10. 913imer

913imer Member

Best Answers:
    Someone has to police it! It's awful how people get away with crime so easily over the web. Any time this kind of situation happens to me or some other scam, I swear I turn in to cyber-police super agent! lol Also you might be able to report this to C3, if the problem is bad enough for them to look at. C3 is the Cyber Crimes Center. Just Google them you will find it.

913imer, Dec 1, 2011 IP
  11. stephan2307

stephan2307 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    stephan2307, Dec 7, 2011 IP
  12. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    Good for you. Let us know how it works out.

contentboss, Dec 7, 2011 IP
  13. Kenneth_Da

Kenneth_Da Active Member

Best Answers:
    Many way to get your blog content. You contact him and tell him to stop stealing your post. If he don't stop copied, you can report to google.

Kenneth_Da, Dec 29, 2011 IP
  14. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    You could phone up his Mom. She can stop him by cutting off his pocket money or grounding his net connection for a week.

contentboss, Dec 29, 2011 IP
  15. Sam Gilmore

Sam Gilmore Peon

Best Answers:
    Send him a letter with your opinion according this situation

Sam Gilmore, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  16. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Get their host to ban their account (many do) if they don't remove the copied content. I had 3-4 bouts with some content thieves and had their accounts deleted in hours. Most hosts don't want the hassle, so take action.

dojodesign, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  17. Sam Gilmore

Sam Gilmore Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm absolutely agree

Sam Gilmore, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  18. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    This does work, BTW. Especially if you're hitting someone on a service like Hostgator. To file a DMCA with them can be done electronically, but to COUNTER it, they require a fax.

Not many spammer / scrapers are going to go to all the hassle of finding a fax shop or downloading fax software for the sake of a scraped article.

contentboss, Feb 18, 2012 IP