1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback Account Sales Are Not Allowed in B-S-T, Sure.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Ajeet, Feb 11, 2012.

Since the moderators are doing such an excellent job at moderating the Digital Point forums, I thought I should pitch with feedback. After all, feedback can help make the good situation better.

I recently posted a WTB thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade for buying a Squidoo lens. For your reference, I have placed the entire 2 sentence content of the post below.

Interestingly, I received an infraction because, "Account sales are not allowed."

I know that account sales are not allowed. I read it in the instructions and I do not want to buy / sell any accounts. In my seven and a half years here, I have never attempted to buy/sell an account -- even when it was not specifically forbidden.

What does wanting to buy a lens have to do with buying or selling an account? Squidoo forbids selling accounts, but encourages transferring INCLUDING SELLING lenses. Would transferring a domain name from one GoDaddy account to another constitute selling a GoDaddy account? In that case all domain sales on DP would be in violation.

I see this as a case of a hyperactive moderator who goes with the "guilty until proven innocent" doctrine. I am not seeking a reversal of the infraction, though that would be nice. After all, the powers that be have to decide what sort of a neighborhood this becomes.

I know that moderators are volunteers, and want to record my appreciation for that.

Good Luck
    Ajeet

---
    The contents of my WTB thread that supposedly sought to buy an account:
    "If you have a Squidoo lens that ranks high, say a top 2000 overall rank, I might be interested in buying it. Please message me if you have a lens to sell."

Solved! View solution.
    Ajeet, Feb 11, 2012 IP
    Ausdrez and Harish Bin Ibrahim like this.
    Hi

The old "you can't sell what you don't own" concept kicked in here but as your link points out Squidoo allow it so we will too.

sarahk, Feb 11, 2012 IP
  3. Ajeet

Ajeet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Sarah.

Given the size and volume of the DP forums, the fact that people such as yourself find the time and motivation to listen to members is admirable. I am a fan.

Ajeet

PS: Thanks for the reversal of the infraction. That was not necessary, but is highly appreciated nonetheless.

Ajeet, Feb 11, 2012 IP
  4. Peerless2acme

Peerless2acme Peon

Best Answers:
    I must say that since you are a hyperactive member on this forum, so it is highly unlikely that you will post such a thing that will be against the forum rules. I applaud the admins of this forum for deleting the infraction. Cheers :)

Peerless2acme, Feb 11, 2012 IP
  5. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    so that's mean there no change you can sell account here no matter twitter, adword, FB and other,..

Correct me Mod if I wrong...

robyries, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    you can NOT sell account here no matter twitter, adword, FB and other,..

Ajeet was selling an individual lens and not his account. According to Squidoo this is allowed. We do not, however, want to have to search the TOS for each and ever content host so play it safe.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
    sarahk, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  7. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    A good way to figure it out is if you have to give a username and/or password as part of a sale. If you do, it's not allowed.

digitalpoint, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  8. Cucumba123

Cucumba123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just to be clear. So that if I open a new thread to sell my DP account, that is not allowed too? :rolleyes:

Cucumba123, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  9. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Indeed, another one that is not allowed. <Rolls eyes>

Smyrl, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  10. SeniorWarden6407

SeniorWarden6407 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why is it that some folk will not take the hint - nor even thoroughly understand instructions? No wonder you put <Rolls eyes> - I laughed like a drain there...

SeniorWarden6407, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  11. Alex jones

Alex jones Member

Best Answers:
    Do not take things that serious in life, just chill and enjoy your life.

Alex jones, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  12. Cucumba123

Cucumba123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Chill out, I was simply trolling, hence the rolling eyes smiley..

Cucumba123, Feb 15, 2012 IP