1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Swapit Forum - 10,000 Members | Almost 700,000 posts | 7 Year Old Forum

Discussion in 'Sites' started by Frazerboy, Feb 8, 2012.

www.swapitforum.com / www.swapitforum.co.uk / www.swapitforum.net

Swapit Forum is a 7-year old strong forum, dedicated to the popular trading website 'Swapit'. It has a member base of over 10,000 and is quickly approaching the 700,000 post mark. As well as Swapit discussion, there is a variety of general sections for everyone to enjoy.

Included in this sale is full ownership of the domains and forum to do whatever you want with.

Whilst reluctant to sell this site, it has recently dropped in activity and simply needs a little promotion and time put into it, which I currently don't have enough of. I'd rather see someone take over it, than let it "die".

There is still high amounts of traffic, with 200 people (guests & members) usually on the site at any time of day. Whilst the revenue is fairly low (30usd a month), this could be easily improved by someone who knows what they're doing. The site currently just has one banner with member advertisements.

This is a great deal but a limited offer, ending in less than 24 hours.

Thanks.

Frazerboy, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  2. VINC

VINC Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    ........................................question deleted

VINC, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  3. danny232

danny232 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Would it be possible to transfer domains over to 123-reg?
    Is the revenue just from banner adverts or does that include the donations to?

danny232, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  4. Frazerboy

Frazerboy Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yes, I'm sure I can get the domains transferred to 123-reg.

The revenue amount is just from the banner advert, as donations are unpredictable (obviously you can't get a steady income from them). I would imagine from a financial point of view, some sort of affiliate programme would be better for earning money, rather than banner adverts from forum members.

Thanks for your interest, feel free to contact me if there's anything else. :)

5. Fergal

Fergal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    On average how many posts is it receiving per day at the moment?

Fergal, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  6. Frazerboy

Frazerboy Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    308 posts per day according to the system. However, based on the past month, I'd say 200 posts a day is a more realistic average. The forum needs some life injected into it really.

7. DannyE

DannyE Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm interested but your starting price is $600. It's not worth that. PM me a more reasonable price that you're looking for.

DannyE, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  8. furca

furca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    furca, Feb 10, 2012 IP
    Fergal likes this.
  9. Frazerboy

Frazerboy Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    A couple of people have already offered this amount (or around it). What would you say is reasonable?

The site is hosted using MyFreeForum, but is on the professional paid plan (advert free). The host is steady and been running for many years, offering forums unlimited members and posts. That link goes to the original myfreeforum version of the site (a back-up sort of thing) which can still be used. Obviously most (well, all) members use the main domains which are: www.swapitforum.com, www.swapitforum.co.uk and www.swapitforum.net

Due to time wasters and a few last minute withdrawals/buying issues, this site is still open to offers. PM if you need any more information.

Frazerboy, Feb 11, 2012 IP