1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Link Building...

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by champchase, Feb 9, 2012.

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum! I've got a few questions regarding SEO practices...

I'm currently looking to build some links for a website of mine, but I'm running out of ideas to gather links. I've been giving my product away to bloggers for them to write a review and link back to me, but other than that I'm stuck. We're a fairly new site, so we don't want a bunch of crap links, but I would love to hear if there is a faster or better way to get more links.

Thanks!

champchase, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  2. alamlinks

alamlinks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can do dofollow directory submission and blog commenting for your site....

Best of Luck

alamlinks, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  3. gmaister22

gmaister22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yup there are many guides out there, you should check some :)

gmaister22, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  4. champchase

champchase Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you mean make it so when people comment on my site they're 'do follow' links? I hesitate to put my sites link on here and being banned... but I'd love to put the link so everyone can check it out and give suggestions.. pxsupply.com is the URL.

5. champchase

champchase Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds good!

6. wilhouse

wilhouse Peon

Best Answers:
    nice site. yes dofollow submissions are the best. and will likely help in ranking the most as well.

wilhouse, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  7. Crimson Penguin

Crimson Penguin Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm assuming from what you've written that you have an interesting new product? In that case, I would maybe suggest looking at getting some press releases from relevant news sites and blogs who would be interested in your product. This is better than just giving your product away to bloggers in the hope they will write a review and link back to your site. Beyond that there are several techniques you can employ to build links. Just do a search for them.

Crimson Penguin, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  8. lexionar

lexionar Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Penguin here. If your site is new, you must have a clear plan to promote it. Crap backlinks only will send your site to the sandbox so you don't want to do that. You can acquire quality links from ongoing press releases, if possible use paid ones. PRWeb is the one I recommend because they have giant network. Other thing you might want to do maybe to have things like forum profiles that related to your business and related blog commenting. That way, the velocity of the backlinks will not be too fast and you will get good quality backlinks as well.

lexionar, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  9. robchapman

robchapman Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't forget you can also write articles and submit them to generate some one way backlinks. Just make sure to build gradually and not a bunch or backlinks at once.

robchapman, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  10. axis.softech

axis.softech Peon

Best Answers:
    Link building is the process of creating back links to your site. Directory, Bookmarking, Article submission are some of the efficient method of generating quality of back links.

axis.softech, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  11. adomcruze

adomcruze Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes there are other link building practices available too these are, Directory submission, contextual blog posting, squidoo page creation, hub-page creation, submitting articles to various article syndication directories, creating link wheels, creating article prism, and guest blog posting.

adomcruze, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  12. Prasseo

Prasseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Do Social Bookmarking.......

Prasseo, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  13. sheilaaellis44

sheilaaellis44 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can search for different techniques regarding seo on google..

sheilaaellis44, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  14. loveson1

loveson1 Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you that first submit your website on high PR Do follow directories and then make an articles or Press Releases

loveson1, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  15. Poloy

Poloy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This strategy is perfect, and don't stop there also listen to the advice of fellow DP marketeers and everything will just follow.

Poloy, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  16. gredelhii

gredelhii Peon

Best Answers:
    Linking is one of the most important components of increasing traffic to your web site. Here are 8 simple methods to get links to your site:

1. Links are a contract term: Any time you sign a contract with a new business partner, include in the agreement a requirement that they must link to your site.
    2. Web based PR: Promote your site using conventional PR! We like to use PRWeb because they are inexpensive, and offer great access to news directories, as well as conventional magazine editors.
    3. Use URL Wire to launch a site: Eric Ward's URL Wire is a great way to announce the launch of a new site.
    4. Start a Blog: Blogs are a great way to recruit links. Be careful though. Keep the commerciality low. Also, make sure you learn how to use tags, and plug it into Technorati. You can read our article on Blogging SEO tactics for more information.
    5. Ask Visitors to the Site to Link to you: Keep it reasonable. Don't bury them with the "link to us" message. But if they want to give you a link, make it easy.
    6. Implement RSS feeds: If you have a blog, or publish article regularly, you can syndicate the articles, or synopses of the articles (better) using an RSS feed. This helps increase your exposure. Also, you can submit to 20 or so RSS feed directories, each of which is good for a link.
    7. Submit to Quality Directories: Pick quality directories, such as Yahoo and the Open Directory Project (ODP), and submit listings to them. There are others that are good too. Best of the Web is also decent.
    8. Ask for Links from other Sites: Make lists of sites that you would like links from. Keep them highly relevant to your business. Contact them and show them why linking to your site would be beneficial to their visitors.

gredelhii, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  17. baronseo

baronseo Member

Best Answers:
    Every webmaster try to increase traffic and backlinks for his website. I think link building is the first task for him. Creating available backlinks you can do at first free directory submission after then social bookmarking. Here I provide a link for free directory list : http://www.directorycritic.com/free-directory-list.html?sort=pr&pg=

baronseo, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  18. petervanlier

petervanlier Peon

Best Answers:
    Link Building is the process of creating inbound links to ones own website. Link building is one of the best ways to make your site popular. Link building helps in getting quality traffic from relevant sites which increases sales, the website get indexed by search engines. You can write the article and submit it in to article directory site, do social bookmarking and directory submission.

petervanlier, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  19. karthick9

karthick9 Member

Best Answers:
    I think you wanna do some directory and website submission, social bookmarking, forum posting to get more and more backlinks..... :)

karthick9, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  20. madison37

madison37 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do Some off page seo activity for your site. It will be useful. :D :p :rolleyes:

madison37, Feb 10, 2012 IP