1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Obama administration to slash the size and costs of GOP inspired Iraq embassy/palace

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by earlpearl, Feb 9, 2012.

One of the many many ways that the GOP wasted trillions of tax dollars on gifts to big business friends was the outlandish embassy in Iraq.

Its the biggest embassy ever!!
    Its quantum sizes larger than any other embassy operated by the US
    When first proposed at $592 million it was dramatically larger than any other at any time...but of course under the GOP costs soared to between $700-$750 million costs that the Bush administration continued to hide from the public.

The place is bigger than Vatican City. Its a city itself. Reportedly 16,000 people work there. Supposedly it has 2,000 diplomats.

What was the GOP thinking and why did they spend so much taxpayer $$$$$ and which contractors got that $$$$?

Reportedly the US embassy in next door Turkey has 55 employees and a handful of diplomats.

Most grotesque of all is how the GOP lavished taxpayer $$$$ that refused to reveal to the public on absurd goodies for the beaurocrats. Pictures tell 1,000 words. Check out how the GOP administration wasted and hid your tax payer money on its palace. Did you realize the GOP sent your tax payer $$$ to Iraq for tennis courts, a swimming pool, a gym, etc. for bureaucrats and contractors.

Reportedly the embassy costs $6 billion/year to operate. The Obama administration is looking to slash those costs!!!

Thank goodness. The Obama administration is trying to cut those costs in half but since the GOP/Bush administration built such an oversized monstrosity its going to be complicated and difficult. At last though, some reasonable people are in office trying to protect the American taxpayer.

earlpearl, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow! I mean Wow! That place is incredible! They got all that for half a billion dollars? Pretty incredible when you compare it with this, don't you think?
    [​IMG]

Hey, that gives me a great idea! Maybe if Obama shuts down every last one of our embassies overseas, especially in the war torn middle east, it might offset some small percentage of the permanent 40% increase made to the baseline federal budget in his first year in office. Of course it won't help at all with 1.5 trillion dollar cost of implementing the health care program he created that nobody wants, nor the astronomical sums it will take to keep it up and running, but hey, at least he will have closed down those unnecessary embassies! Thank god Obama is running against George W. Bush and the Democrat controlled congress who built that embassy or he might be in trouble.

Obamanation, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  3. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey: O_Nation: Did you look at the slide show? Did you like the pool? Since you fired your gardener and you aren't willing to do the work yourself maybe you should go over to Iraq and use the embassy pool. Looks pretty nice...plus you would probably like it, taxpayers are paying for it thanks to the GOP. ;) After a swim you can use the tennis courts. Taxpayers are paying for it thanks to the GOP. ;)

You can always refresh yourself at those amazingly fancy places to eat. Looks very swank and nice. Taxpayers are paying for it, thanks to the GOP.

:D

earlpearl, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  4. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If I ever find myself in Iraq, I have no doubt I will stop by the US embassy, thanks for asking. At least after spending a half a billion dollars on it, it is still open for business.

You think they'll let me in the Solyndra building, or would I have to break in? I guess there really is no comparisson. After all Solyndra is a private building built with taxpayer dollars, vs the embassy which is a public building built with taxpayer dollars. Solyndra was an inside deal made between Obama campaign contributors and Obama, vs the Embassy which is the symbol of the US in Iraq, which was built with the consent and knowledge of congress.

Obamanation, Feb 9, 2012 IP