1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Live chat software / live support and ecommerce sites

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by hhsaus, Feb 7, 2012.

We are thinking of getting live chat software up and running on our site, so that we can provide real-time support to our customers and hopefully boost our conversion rates. Currently we offer toll-free phone support, email, and in store-support.

Has anyone implemented live support/live chat on their online store, and noticed a difference in the number of sales they are getting? What about customer experience, what are the customers saying?

hhsaus, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.zopim.com/ that stuff is awesome less having to be logged into their site. Phplive is quite nice and livezilla is convenient as well once you get it running. Its a bit of a pain to suss out at first.

That said, yes, of course. It is certainly a conversion booster to be able to answer folks in real time.

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  3. cheersdial

cheersdial Peon

Best Answers:
    To increase your business opportunities in International level,please o through our home page with Low and Cheap costs for calls.........

cheersdial, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  4. nikunj.akhenia

nikunj.akhenia Peon

Best Answers:
    Try the free live chat software for website.

wwwdotcomm100dotcom

nikunj.akhenia, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  5. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    We use this one: http://livehelp.stardevelop.com/

One time licensing fees. PHP and MySQL based. Good, well developed program that has a fairly light footprint on the website. They have a desktop app as well as iphone and android apps.

jestep, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  6. hhsaus

hhsaus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you Nigel and Jestep. I'll do a bit more research (features offered) and then pick one.
    Very curious to see what kind of impact it will have on conversions or shopping cart abandonments.

hhsaus, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  7. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah . Especially for those professional service.
    Because those professional services usually cost lot of money and customer prefer do request more or inquiry more detail before they spend the money .

You need a live chat or phone call support and show it big on the landing page that you would like to convert the customers. It do increase the conversion rate !
    if you do not provide live chat or those support. Visitors mostly will take you as review 1st and compare because they unable to find more value or information while limited in the landing page only.

JerrickYeoh, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  8. bannerweaver

bannerweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Its Zopim all the way for me. I have been using zopim for all of my sites, 13 of them, and I am extremely happy.

bannerweaver, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  9. Dootch

Dootch Active Member

Best Answers:
    It does increase conversions but only if youve got good salespeople behind the chat. I wouldnt outsource your live chat support, it will do more harm than good.

People will ask all sorts of crazy questions, without good product knowledge it is impossible to have scripted answers for everything. You also need to be fast and reassuring. Ive tried live chat on a number of sites and I found it increased conversions when I manned it, however it also took up a bunch of time on tyre kickers. Unless you've already got full time support staff answering emails anyway, I wouldn't bother getting extra resources in for live chat.

Dootch, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  10. soulseo

soulseo Member

Best Answers:
    Live2Support provides highly reliable and affordable live chat service with 24/7 customer support. Live2support offers user friendly services. There is no need of technical knowledge. It really helps to generate more sales.

soulseo, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  11. webrotate360

webrotate360 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Big fan of http://www.providesupport.com - have been using it for a few years now. They have a very nice desktop operator software that makes a difference vs browser based consoles.

It does add a lot of value and is an excellent lead generator! Folks like our responsiveness with 360 viewer support and sales questions..

webrotate360, Feb 14, 2012 IP
  12. berkay07

berkay07 Member

Best Answers:
    I completly agree with you. 2 months ago, I was searching for live chat software too and I found that site. Then I bought the software and im really happy with it.

berkay07, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  13. mywindowsol

mywindowsol Peon

Best Answers:
    One time certification charges. PHP and MySQL based. Good, well designed system that has a pretty light impact on the website. They have a pc app as well as iphone and operating system applications.

mywindowsol, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  14. JasonN

JasonN Member

Best Answers:
    As a customer I can tell you I am more likely to purchase from a vendor who has the Live Chat option. Saves me time as I am not waiting on hold.

JasonN, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  15. nveid

nveid Peon

Best Answers:
    I've really been wanting to start using that... I'm mostly just holding out until they get their Mac client done with. Otherwise it looks great!

nveid, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  16. ponsankari

ponsankari Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you to have a try with phponlinechat service. It remains to be a better one and offers the flexibility on holding multiple operators, support requests and many other features. You can handle your customers and sort out them immediately.

ponsankari, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  17. Harry Du

Harry Du Peon

Best Answers:
    You can use the free edition of FocalScope to implement live chat for your website. I use it on my website and it works extremely well and was very easy to implement (took minutes, literally). All chats are logged and timestamped and you can run the analytics engine of FocalScope on your chats to see trends and other figures of interest. Give it a try at http://www.focalscope.com

Harry Du, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  18. CoreyPeerFly

CoreyPeerFly Notable Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I highly recommend checking out Olark. From http://www.olark.com/portal/features:

[fieldset=Some of Orlarks Features]
    • Use Olark anywhere!
      Chat with visitors on your website from your desktop, your laptop, your iPhone, or your Blackberry. We work with standard chat (IM) clients (like iChat, Pidgin, and Meebo) and services (Google Talk and Jabber) which means YOU get to decide what software to use.

• Monitor visitors and initiate chats
      Salespeople need lots of information right at their fingertips. That's why we provide that information right inside the buddy list, unlike our competitors, allowing you to start chatting with a visitor even if they haven't messaged you.

• Know your users
      Olark lets you know all sorts of useful information about your users in real-time.

For example:
      • Visitor name, email, etc. through optional pre-chat form or integration with your current login system
      • Visitor page location (know exactly when they're on an important page!)
      • Referring site
      • Have they been to your site before?
      • Geo-location (where on Earth are they from?)

• Simple Integration
      Get full Olark integration by pasting a short bit of JavaScript.

• Continue chats across pages and off-site!
      Chats persist as visitors move through your site and even off-site when a visitor follows an external link!
    [/fieldset]

CoreyPeerFly, Mar 2, 2012 IP
  19. Harry Du

Harry Du Peon

Best Answers:
    I’ve implemented a live chat + help desk system called FocalScope (www.focalscope.com). I have analytics for the live chat so I can see how customers are using it, and the feedback is very positive. Many prospects/customers seem to dislike calling or sending an email.

Harry Du, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  20. Amit_R

Amit_R Member

Best Answers:
    Zopim is the best as far as i know...

Amit_R, Mar 24, 2012 IP