1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

90 clicks, NO leads NO sales - EPC is 60$ !

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by TheSocial, Feb 4, 2012.

Hi,
    I managed to get about 90 clicks to the advertiser landing page in CJ through Facebook PPC.
    EPC is approximately 60$
    However, no leads or sales. Capture.PNG

Any suggestions?

TheSocial, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  2. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I can't imagine that how you got more clicks than impressions. I guess there are invalid clicks. However, you need more traffic. look my stats for last quarter. It took 8000+ impressions and I got a sale just from 3 clicks. Try to promote different advertisers that can convert the clicks to sales or leads.

cj.JPG

dumindushalika, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  3. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Be honest with your ad's and don't mislead them (the clickers) - if you mislead them then you wont convert much... by mislead I mean as an example - "Britney Spears naked video" as a title and it leads to a forex trading page... obviously that wont convert into Forex traffic.

Try to get your ad's to display to people are interested - target your audience and demographic properly... for instance there's no use targeting 13 year olds if your landing page is a costly program or requires a credit card.

It's not as easy as people will suggest... and it takes home work - once you start to get leads - then you can figure out what works.

thsadmin, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  4. TheSocial

TheSocial Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I do not have any explanation for this. this is the first time it happens to me.
    What were you promoting? A banner or a Text link?
    I was promoting a text link.

TheSocial, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  5. TheSocial

TheSocial Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice. However, I honestly did not do that. I was simply promoting a logo design offer so I targeted people interested in web development, small businesses, website architecture, etc. Is this targeting not good enough?

6. TheSocial

TheSocial Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    so I need to look for a different advertiser?
    It is the only advertiser that approved me till now :(

7. TheSocial

TheSocial Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is:
    http://99designs.com/

8. dumindushalika

Best Answers:
    I promoted 300*250 banner ads (internet marketing,web design and hosting). But the thing is your advertiser should convert the click to a sale/lead. Look at their destination and you can then imagine your own by thinking you as the buyer. If you like it, that means it may convert the click to a sale. You can see the destination URL when you are getting the html/java script code of the link/banner for the particular advertiser via CJ.

dumindushalika, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  9. TheSocial

TheSocial Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The destination URL was pretty nice that I thought it should convert very well.
    Additionally, EPC is about 60$. I already have 100 clicks now without earning a penny!

10. Jayonemoney

Jayonemoney Peon

Best Answers:
    I would love to get better with commission junction but I don't think i am ready for targeted traffic yet. For now I am using Incent networks. Any advice on a really good incent network that will work with shiftcode?

Jayonemoney, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  11. dumindushalika

Best Answers:
    Usually, people do not like to buy products or services with higher prices (commission for us may be high). Therefore try to promote advertisers that offering reasonable prices (you have lot of advertisers to choose in CJ :D).
    About EPC: You have no commissions yet. So, your EPC should be 0$. Isn't it?

The most important part is "Be patient"

dumindushalika, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  12. Ben_Gosu

Ben_Gosu Peon

Best Answers:
    you need way more to get to average the EPC. Plus don't cheat - more clicks than impressions/...come on...

Ben_Gosu, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  13. webguy5

webguy5 Peon

Best Answers:
    Every text link on CJ also has a 1x1 pixel that is part of the code. This is used to track impressions. Some people just pick up the link and omit the image. This can lead to the clicks being more than the impressions. As regards conversions, there are two aspects you need to consider. One is that 90 clicks isn't really a very large sample size. As far as I can see, 99designs pays 25% per sale and $25 per sale for paid listings. They have a 3 month EPC of 23.77. If you make one sale within the next 10 clicks after these figures, you'll have an EPC of $25. Then you can have yet another sale after 20 more clicks for all you know. The sample size on which CJ's EPC is based is way larger than your 90 clicks. Finally the quality of traffic is very important. If you optimized your site for 'free logo design', the visitors who come are looking for a freebie and much less likely to convert. OTOH, if someone comes in with the keyword 'best logo design services', he/she is obviously looking for a paid service. These are extreme examples but the type of target audience and what they're looking for at that point of time will influence your conversion rate.

webguy5, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  14. Beattle

Beattle Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know what I am doing wrong, but my CJ account shows about 7% - 8% CTR, 1,109 clicks in the past two months, and 0 sales. Not even 1 sale!

I think they must be scamming me!

Beattle, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  15. Greg79

Greg79 Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe it's because of the crisis?

Greg79, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  16. dumindushalika

Best Answers:
    Haven't you manage to get a sale yet?

I got 2 more sales for this month for my new site (don't ask the niche) too. Don't give up. Always display relevant ads to the niche to convert the clicks to sales. Mostly target USA people.

hghghgre.JPG

dumindushalika, Apr 28, 2012 IP
  17. TheSocial

TheSocial Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you buddies for all the help you gave in that thread. I quit doing affiliation on CJ and shifted to CPA marketing in Peerfly and MaxBounty. I could make about 70$ in less than a month using PPC advertising. Here is a screenshot of my account:

Capture.jpg

Again, I would like to thank you all for your assistance :)

TheSocial, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  18. mrmarchuk

mrmarchuk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thats not too bad, i might have to check out peerfly and maxbounty :) thanks!

mrmarchuk, May 1, 2012 IP
  19. TheSocial

TheSocial Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    TheSocial, May 2, 2012 IP
  20. diagonal

diagonal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yesterday, I have got
    Sales 0
    Leads 0
    Clicks 609