1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get listed in Dmoz

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by seo4me, Feb 3, 2012.

Hey guys,

How one can listed in Dmoz. I have seen they are still accepting the websites. I have submitted more than 10 websites on Dmoz and not got listed. My competitor placed one and it got listed. Whats there in that which I am missing ?

Also, Does Dmoz listing still helps ?

Thanks

seo4me, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  2. dailyearn

dailyearn Banned

Best Answers:
    me too, it is really not so easy to get list in dmoz

dailyearn, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  3. nhc1987

nhc1987 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Dmoz is not that important any more.

Anyway in order to be accepted, your site must have unique and fresh content. Content is king. Period.

nhc1987, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  4. seo4me

seo4me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do have unique, original, fresh content on all my websites. In fact one is personal website. What uniqueness one considers when writing for personal website. Then whats the problem with Dmoz.

seo4me, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  5. jeniliadisuja123

jeniliadisuja123 Peon

Best Answers:
    You should try in other directories There are many best directories available

jeniliadisuja123, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  6. axis.softech

axis.softech Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes dmoz listing is not easy to approve just submit in it and forget it.

axis.softech, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  7. sharma.gaurav

sharma.gaurav Member

Best Answers:
    Have patience brother, you might get approval soon, in last few month i submit 4-6 sites and got only 1 approval after around three month, they still have guidelines but now they start ignoring so many sites.

sharma.gaurav, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  8. filoaman

filoaman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Please notice that dmoz is human edited directory. in other words if the person who will proceed with the approval of your submission is in "bad mood" this day, you just don't enter!
    I have a specific niche website (#1 in google's first page) my site is a eshop and i earn good money selling my original products (no informating products, original handmade art). In the appropriate sub directory of dmoz there are a few websites (no more than 5) who are garbadge sites (100+ position on google search PR0 etc.) I try to enter in this directory almost a year. Up to now i saw in my Google Analytics that i had 3 visits from dmoz and 3 rejections! So the only i can do is re-submit!
    The things are very clear. The person who is editor for this subdirectory of dmoz doesn't like my site!
    On the orher hand I DON"T GIVE A SHIT!!!!! since all the "garbage sites" already listed on this subdirectory had very low PR and Google search position and (most important) my eshop give me sales and money every day, even outside the Dmos directory!

filoaman, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  9. Brozman

Brozman Peon

Best Answers:
    the simplest way is becoming an editor of appropriate category.

good luck with it.

Brozman, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  10. Dorfy

Dorfy Peon

Best Answers:
    This is wrong, Dmoz is as important as any other directory if no more so

Dorfy, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  11. Dorfy

Dorfy Peon

Best Answers:

I think you are suffering from a little paranoia, I've never had a site refused by DMoz, people must be submitting to the wrong category

Dorfy, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  12. filoaman

filoaman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is "urban myth", doesn't work. Maybe it was a good strategy some years ago but not any more.
    I already try this. If you want to become an editor they ask you to suggest 3 websites for the category you like to become editor.
    I make a real good selection , for my category, and suggest the greatest companies in the market. They reply that the sites i suggest are "low quality". The companies i suggest make every year 100's of millions of $ revenue and the guys from dmoz said the the company site are "low quality"!!!!!!!!
    So don't give a shit! It is a matter o lucky to enter on this directory. If the editor is in "good mood" you have some possibilites if not, forget it!

filoaman, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  13. filoaman

filoaman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You are very lucky or just a layer... I'f you're lucky i'm happy for you, if you are a layer i can't understand why...
    I'm not a paranoid (for sure), i just describe the truth, there are millions of commercially successful business and websites rejected from dmoz, i can't believe that they all "submitting to the wrong category".
    Buy the way you declare that "you've never had a site refused by DMoz". Tell us more please about the website on your signature, because i can't find your website somewhere in dmoz directory...

filoaman, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  14. drjigg

drjigg Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also, That's really not so easy to get list in Dmoz

drjigg, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  15. softonaseo

softonaseo Member

Best Answers:
    I think your content is not good and keywords are also not relevant check you on-page.

softonaseo, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  16. Dorfy

Dorfy Peon

Best Answers:
    I presume you mean "liar"

dmoz listing.jpg

Perhaps if you used the "Search" facility on DMOZ, and entered in "Whole directory" you might find it.

There is my listing on DMoz, listed at the first attempt, it was a "free listing" too, which takes a bit longer, up to 14 days, you have to be patient.
    To get a listing on DMOZ you have to be VERY specific about the category you wish to be listed in, if you a vague in any way, or choose the wrong category your request will be ignored, these volunteers have thousands a day to plough through.

It's also a great idea to read ALL of this page http://www.dmoz.org/add.html before submitting your site, I would hazard a guess that most people who fail to get a listing go straight to the "suggest URL" page.

Dorfy, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  17. Dorfy

Dorfy Peon

Best Answers:
    Listing on DMOZ has nothing to do with keywords,

Dorfy, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  18. jashlok

jashlok Peon

Best Answers:
    For DMOZ listing, first of all ur website content are unique and traffic of ur site is gud.Bcoz DMOZ directory is see all of things of site, means how to optimize the website, content of sites, layout structure and also VISITORS.

In DMOZ, write Unique title and description relevant to websites.

jashlok, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  19. habreza

habreza Active Member

Best Answers:
    Me too still searching the way to submit my site in DMOZ. If you know then please give me a simple way. Please give me a best tutorials links.

habreza, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  20. ramadanumrah

ramadanumrah Peon

Best Answers:
    I would like to suggest you that, first you read rules & conditions, not even for DMOZ but all site, with in that you will get good ideas for submission what they want. So better is that you first refer rules & conditions.

ramadanumrah, Feb 6, 2012 IP