1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

need help with DMOZ

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by niralimarwadi, Feb 2, 2012.

is there a payment option to list url faster on DMOZ?

niralimarwadi, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  2. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DMOZ is a free directory and there is no payment option. Suggest the site and move on.....there are way more important things to worry about than being listed in DMOZ.

snooks, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  3. Buxom_Bold

Buxom_Bold Peon

Best Answers:
    Dmoz is open source directory project and there is no payment option.

Buxom_Bold, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  4. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why did you decide to ignore the submission guidelines that you agreed and suggest it to several categories, all but one of which are inappropriate?

By doing so, you've added to the workload of our overworked and much maligned editors, contributing to a process slowdown for everybody.

Stop now.

jimnoble, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  5. niralimarwadi

niralimarwadi Peon

Best Answers:
    it take just forever for DMOZ to approve, thats why i am looking for alternative and faster way

i submitted 3 years ago and still pending, do you guys have only one editor????

niralimarwadi, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  6. jimnoble

Best Answers:
    Some editors will process your current suggestions in time, discarding all but one of them. You seem to have misunderstood my post so I've blocked your website from further listing suggestions so as to prevent even more squandering of our scarce resources by you.

jimnoble, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  7. CindyFahnestockSchafer

CindyFahnestockSchafer Member

Best Answers:
    They are quite picky and in need of editors. I submitted mine into the wrong catergory (twice.) Let's see if the third time is a charm.

CindyFahnestockSchafer, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  8. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Did you read the guidelines you agreed to when you suggested the site? The bit where it says, submit a site only ONCE. More than that you waste your time and editors time.

Anonymously, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  9. joeventura

joeventura Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you will waste the editors time......both of them

joeventura, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  10. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    That would be Jim, Snooks and me.So you can't count either. ROFLAO

Anonymously, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  11. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    SNOOKS: http://www.dmoz.org/public/profile?editor=snooks
    JimNoble: http://www.dmoz.org/public/profile?editor=jimnoble

Anonymously: DMOZException:ERROR_INVALID_USER

You have to forgive people that don't think you are an editor. There is no real evidence that you are, as while you enjoy asking people to prove corruption within the ODP you have no trouble at all not proving you are an editor. So *shrug* laugh all you want too... there is no PROOF you are an editor, and you know we all think that hypocracy is funny, so we are all laughing with you!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
    Qryztufre, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  12. niralimarwadi

niralimarwadi Peon

Best Answers:
    Jim why would you block, i just submitted once and it was 3 years ago

niralimarwadi, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  13. jimnoble

Best Answers:
    To put it as politely as I can, your memory is much less accurate than our records :(.

I don't block listing suggestions lightly but I blocked yours from any more because you have several pending already - each of which will eventually consume editorial effort.

We treat spammers more leniently than you probably do.

jimnoble, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  14. GoldSEO

GoldSEO Member

Best Answers:
    oh man, DMOZ dudes, very cool!

I understand people see things happen on the internet "instantly" and expect everything to go "instantly," but an email asking about the status of a pending subbmission or anything is a lot more graceful and productive of a move than pulling a monkey and hitting that submit button over and over.

Submit more material to your own site before you start spamming your site as material to others' :\

GoldSEO, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  15. niralimarwadi

niralimarwadi Peon

Best Answers:
    Jim

nobody is spamming DMOZ, we just filled out 3 years ago application and submitted, i just dont understand what editors have to review in link application???

i guess if you guys spend less time on other blogs or chats process would move faster

niralimarwadi, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  16. jimnoble

Best Answers:
    Only a few of our several thousands of editors have the stomach to attempt to explain things to the unknowing in external fora.

I spend around 6+ hours per day editing, during which I take a break occasionally. I'm allowed to do whatever I like in that break such as talk to the wife, take the dog for a walk or get involved in conversations with you. The latter is evidently pointless so PLONK.

jimnoble, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  17. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    Jim blocked you from FUTURE submissions because you had submitted more than once, he then told you that the submissions already made would be reviewed by an editor at some time. We never state any time frame for reviews, except from a few days to a few years. Blocking future suggestions, did not affect the present ones, so why the squealing?

#GoldSEO
    Thanks for what you said, but DMOZ don't do status checks. It was found not to be helpful when tried at the support forum RZ. http://www.resource-zone.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37604.

People who breach guidelines and submit more than once just run the risk of being treated as spammers and then they will never ever get listed.

Anonymously, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  18. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Is there any real difference in being banned for submitting multiple times and never being listed while only submitting once? In the eyes of the many I am sure there is little difference at all....why would there be?

Submit once, wait years upon years upon years upon years to get a review which may or may not have happened years ago and the site in question was simply rejected.

Submit 10 times in 10 years, get banned as a spammer.

Again, the only difference is time... to the end user though, it's a loose loose situation. It's good to know that one can submit competing sites to have them NEVER listed. It's sad that a listable site can be ousted due to the actions of someone that could be someone other then the webmaster. Kudos for putting the end user first!

And kudos for following that rule on the add page, yet ignoring the one about submitting to the correct category. It's really good to know that I can just submit to any old place and the editor will move it for me even if the add page tells me that I'll get my site removed or rejected.

And then you wonder why there is confusion! Come on, put the end user first!

Qryztufre, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  19. joeventura

joeventura Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I command an Army of Several THOUSAND editors...........But none of them will return my emails!
    dr-evil.jpg

joeventura, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  20. niralimarwadi

niralimarwadi Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys, its obvious DMOZ doesn't need our business. Why everybody still trying to submit to DMOZ?! Why other directories are not created, which will process and accept applications much faster and editors friendlier

Lets just boycott DMOZ, there is no use from them at all

niralimarwadi, Feb 6, 2012 IP