1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you make money with free blogs?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by ceekeigh, Jan 20, 2012.

1. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry, but this is complete bullshit. There is no formula that guarantees how much money you will make that is this simple. There is no guarantee period, based on any of what this person has said.
    This is grade "A", 100%, bullshit.

hmansfield, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  2. CountryBoy

CountryBoy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you can make good money with free blogs if you are attracting big, quality traffic to them.
    That's the only deciding factor.

CountryBoy, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  3. silverbbi

silverbbi Peon

Best Answers:
    hi
    You’ve got a free blog! But does it do you any good financially? Web logs made an appearance on the Internet and suddenly became the biggest thing in the online world since wireless. From celebrities to stay-at-home moms, everyone seems to have a blog these days. When there’s such a large market, when there’s so much competition, when there’s so many ways for absolutely anyone to create one of their own…can you make money with a free blog at all?

silverbbi, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  4. ceekeigh

ceekeigh Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that's the reason why I asked. Coz if I can earn with free blogs then I don't need to pay then earn.

ceekeigh, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  5. Muisings Freelance Contne

Muisings Freelance Contne Member

Best Answers:
    I love positive people. Doomsday sayers are bad bad people!

6. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Do you want to hear the truth, or hear a bunch of people blow smoke and tell you how great you are and that you will make a lot of money, even though we know it not to be true?

The bottom line is, if you don't put anything into it, don't expect to get anything out of it.
    Very few, FEW, free blogs make any money. Actually, I can't name one. There are successful people that use free blogs, but they are successful without the blog. They have other things going on. The blog is just the tool, NOT the business.

Free blogs are nice for personal, or hobby blogs, but if you want to run with the big dogs, you will need to pee in the high grass. And another free hosted blog, to go along with the 10 million others that have done the exact same thing, plopped some adsense on it and hope to strike it rich is being unrealistic.

The bottom line is most blogs don't make any money. Never will. Why? Because just like the OP, millions of "bloggers" think all it takes is a little content, some adsense and SEO tricks. It's an exercise in futility.

Go back over the 100's of threads of bloggers on free hosted blogs that say the same thing "I want to see if I can earn without spending anything", and see how many of them are making any money..if their blogs are even still active.

hmansfield, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  7. Muisings Freelance Contne

Muisings Freelance Contne Member

Best Answers:
    ehsan,

That's a great run down for a newbie blogger. It's simple precise and easily do-able.....just a little patience and elbow grease. Thanks for encouraging words.

8. janeah

janeah Peon

Best Answers:
    Free blogs do offer a promising income but hardwork and patience is the key. It is utterly important that a free blog starts to give off profit after a long time, as stated by ehsan121 more than 6 months. Also, your content should have this 'oooommmmppphhh' factor, as I call it, to attract readers to read your blog. After getting followers (lot's of them) that's the time you might want to consider on purchasing your own hosting. My website is all about making money with a free blog, you might want to check it out and see if it offers you some good points.
    Best of luck!

janeah, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  9. zubizubi

zubizubi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely. You can make money with free blogs. Many people are making money from their free blogs!!

zubizubi, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  10. iamtheb

iamtheb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    just register with blogger and thru the admin panel get an adsense account

iamtheb, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  11. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Really? Who? And how much are they making?

I'm sure some people are, but it's not as many as you think, compared to how many 10's of millions of blogs there are out there trying to make money by blogging alone.
    And free blogs are on the bottom of the totem pole. Like I said, most are garbage designs, garbage content and littered with ads.

People that have a real business model with how to run their blogs, don't waste time with limited free options. They invest in complete control in the design and management of their website. It's doesn't have to be $1000's or even $100's. But the fact that you won't invest ANYTHING in your website, is a sure sign that you are likely going to fail. Especially if you have no expertise to write about. No recognition in any industry. And you if you aren't spending on the website, you probably aren't spending on advertising or anything else, so you are going rely on SE traffic...even though you know nothing about SEO. It's a 1 in 10,000,000,000 chance that you will be successful.

Free blogs are for amateurs. And there's nothing wrong with that. But be realistic about your expectations when you yourself won't even spend any money on the success of your business.

No one has ever been successful by saying, "Well, I won't spend anything on my business until I see if I can make a few bucks by doing the absolute minimum".

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
    hmansfield, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  12. ehsan121

ehsan121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're just bullshit. If your have a blog with those things which I've shared which I've shared in my previous thread.

ehsan121, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  13. ehsan121

ehsan121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, You're right. If you have a minimum of 200 t0 300 subscribers to your blog than you'll really get atleast 50 views to your every new post without sharing them!.

ehsan121, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  14. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Dude, there is no formula that dictates visitors to money. There are SOOOOooooo many other variables to consider that you cannot put into a formula.
    Content, Design, Niche, Competition, PPC, CPM, PPA, or what ever program you are using. You just can't do it.

So yes, telling someone if they have a certain number of visitors and if their blog is a certain age, that they will make $200-$250 a month..and that's all there is to it, is bullshit advice and wrong. Completely wrong.
    That may be YOUR experience, but you know damn well that there is more to it than that.

Using what ad program?
    In what niche?
    What kind of content?
    How often do you blog?
    Where is the traffic from? Country?
    What language are you blogging in?
    What's your bounce rate? Time on blog? Page Views?

Like I said. Bullshit.

hmansfield, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  15. bloggerpreneur

bloggerpreneur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can you make money with a free blog? Yes... Will you make money with a free blog? Most probably not...

The overwhelming majority of would be professional bloggers will fail. Not because you can't make a living with a blog, but, because the bar to entry to blogging is so low (you can set up free blogs) that most won't put the work in which will allow the to succeed because failure really costs them nothing.

Too many people fail to realize that successful bloggers don't make a lot of money because of their blogs... A blog is just a tool. It's what you build with that tool that has the potential to make "good money".

bloggerpreneur, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  16. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    That's a good sound byte. If I may add to it,

hmansfield, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  17. bloggerpreneur

bloggerpreneur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow... This is some of the crappiest advice I've seen in a while.

6 months, original content, a small amount of traffic, and and stylish design makes you 200 to 250 per month?

There is a lot more to it than this my friend... You didn't even make mention of niche, competition, where you rank in the Serps, potentiality, buying itent, etc., etc., etc.

Your list sounds a lot more what you hope will work for you than what actually does work...

bloggerpreneur, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  18. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Active Member

Best Answers:
    Of course it is possible. Use Chitika. Though you will get more views and money if you use blogspot and pay google $10 for a custom domain which is totally work it. Adsense sometimes outranks Chitika. I recommend Chitika referral program. Adsense ads.

cameronpalte, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  19. ehsan121

ehsan121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wasn't mean that you are saying, I was just giving advise to you guys:S

ehsan121, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  20. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One more thnig, you can also work out Google Trends, you could had a few cents by posting the right things at the right time, my 2 cents

IG2010, Feb 9, 2012 IP