1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Latest in copy writing?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Web Outsourcing Gateway, Jan 30, 2012.

This 2012, what are now the latest trends or styles in copy writing?

Web Outsourcing Gateway, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  2. toomela

toomela Peon

Best Answers:
    My services break down to two basic types of copywriting services : print and web. I specialize in both website content writing/SEO copywriting servises and consulting for websites as well as sales copywriting–producing sales letters, print ads, and such.

toomela, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  3. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    That's great, but it wasn't what he asked about. If your response to a client's brief is as appropriate as your response to this thread, you'd going to get eaten alive. Just a friendly warning.

contentboss, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There are no "trends" or "styles" to speak of.Only true and tried methods that produce results and revenue.Gimmicks come and go and are risky at best.
    All of our writers are experienced pros...they have learnt what works and what doesn't..............."If it ain't broke,don't fix it".

Spoiltdiva, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  5. Web Outsourcing Gateway

Web Outsourcing Gateway Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this. I get your point. Copy writing is not really about trends and styles. Its about how you write and say it based on your target market.

Web Outsourcing Gateway, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  6. JohnHem

JohnHem Peon

Best Answers:
    One trend that I see is that long copy seems to be swinging back to shorter copy with bullet-point style, complimented with video 'copy'

JohnHem, Feb 1, 2012 IP
  7. Web Outsourcing Gateway

Best Answers:
    You're right. In this multimedia driven world, people would more appreciate if our copy has visuals.

8. Thales

Thales Peon

Best Answers:
    It varies, greatly.
    In North America, there is a growing trend among the writing community to wear a purple bonnet while writing - unless if you are over six feet in height, in which case, it will be a beige-colored one.
    In Western Europe, knee-length leather writing boots are making a comeback in avant-garde copy writing circles, much to the displeasure of animal-rights activists and Brigitte Bardot.
    Meanwhile, in India, doctoral candidates moonlighting as sweat shop rewriters are demanding byline credit for their work now.

For the rest of us, writing remains pretty much the same since keyboards replaced pens, while copywriters continue to have their work truncated and defiled by an explosive combination of sights, sounds and scantily-clad ingénues.

Thales, Feb 2, 2012 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  9. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    In my opinion the OP asked a legitimate intelligent question,your answer was neither.If you were going for satire or wit,you failed.

Spoiltdiva, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  10. Thales

Thales Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, you are a troll, and considering your posts on my thread were deleted, then I assume the mods agrees as well.

Thales, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  11. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Nope,basically it's standard procedure when a post is reported.You reported me because you didn't agree with what I said.But I do agree with the mods moving your thread to Content Creation as clearly it didn't belong here.

12. GoldSEO

GoldSEO Member

Best Answers:
    Children...Ugh...Stop hijacking. It's growing more true every day that the key to content is completely unique. Not 30% unique, not copyscape passed, 100% from your brain. You will make short term money with ripped material that have had a few words changed, but the search engines are hitting harder and harder and spammers/stealers are seeing their sites drop 100+ spots in a single day. The day of easy blogging is thankfully coming to an end!

GoldSEO, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  13. Thales

Thales Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, I reported you because you were trolling and disrupting the thread.
    Fyi, it's not standard procedure to delete posts whenever anyone reported it - ask the mods - just like what you are doing in this thread.
    Now for heavens sake, please stop following me, troll.

Thales, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  14. Thales

Thales Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry GoldSEO

Thales, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  15. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    @GoldSEO
    You are 100% right.:)

16. Web Outsourcing Gateway

Best Answers:
    Opps...Let's stop the argument please. I post this thread to gain insights about copy writing skills. Any way thank you GoldSEO for your post. Writers will be more enlightened.

17. JstewartPiBR

JstewartPiBR Peon

Best Answers:
    GoldSEO, You are absolutely correct! It is our responsibility to create or develop genuine, and grammatically correct content. Why waste time using plagiarism checker for each & every content? Just do what I did when developing my website. Rely on professional content development services!

Thanks & Regards,
    Jenny Stewart

JstewartPiBR, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  18. Sam Gilmore

Sam Gilmore Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps we’ll need to design most “web copy” to be read aloud (i.e. in video). Perhaps text will get shorter and typefaces bigger, to accommodate reading on the TV. There’s already evidence that both these things are happening. One thing’s for sure: web copy conventions are changing in 2012.

Sam Gilmore, Mar 16, 2012 IP