1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Scammed by "drivemecrzy". Staff please don't close.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by devi01, Jan 26, 2012.

Hello DP.
    I am so sorry that I opened such a post in this section, but this thing has to know all.
    User Name: drivemecrzy
    User profile: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/member.php?u=517294&vmid=50621#vmessage50621
    Sales link: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2324677

Story:
    Two months ago I bought from this user a license for vbulletin4 suite and everything went well until 1 week before, when I got the message "Your license is suspended" from vbulletin.org.
    During this week I opened many tickets, talking with vBulletin Support Team, giving all my personal data.
    But at the end of this week, after being checked all my details, I got this message from the vBulletin Support Team:
    mail.jpg
    That my friends makes me feel very bad indeed, because these are not a little money but full 180USD.
    This is my proof of payment made ​​by paypal:
    paypal.jpg
    Name where payment is made, is the same with email that has given me in private messages.
    Proof of discussion in private messages:
    discussion.jpg

Last presence of this member on DP, is in date: Jan 21st 2012 4:19 am
    I sent many emails and messages, but everything in vain, without any response.
    I'm so sorry, but i hate these people who cheat and then hide behind your back as mice through holes.
    I've opened a PayPal Dispute and hope to become something, but I think it is useless.

So my license is suspended, as can be sold again by this member.
    Staff, please obtain measures for this member, or atleast warning to prevent him from scamming more users.
    Sorry to all for this post.
    With Respect
    ...devi01...

devi01, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  2. AlexB1

AlexB1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry that you got scammed like that. You have to be really pro-cautious nowadays, scammers are everywhere!

AlexB1, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  3. Delirious84

Delirious84 Member

Best Answers:
    dispute payment through Paypal....

Delirious84, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  4. drivemecrzy

drivemecrzy Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear Mr. Devis Demkollari (devisdemkollari@yahoo.com)

First you need to know about vBulletin's policy, that once a license transferred it can't be transfer more, and also after the transfer you've got new customer id and new password which just for you, i don't have a chance (and ofcourse i don't need to do that) to steal your license. Please have a look @ vBulletin.com about their policy, again and carefully before you say anything stupid.

One again i need to let you know that, after a transfer (our deal in this case) i dont have any responsibility on your license, because the transfer was process manually by vBulletin's staff, a real person, not automatic, and i have to prove a lot of proof that i'm the legal owner of this license and this license is legal, and eligible for transfer. Once this transfer processed, the license is completely yours, you have to take care about it and i don't know what you did with your license. Are you using it with no copyright? Are you violence vBulletin's policy? I don't know, that is your problem, you can't blame it to me. If this license is illegal or something it's been not eligible for transfer, and not living for 2 months after that.

Thank you for understanding,
    :)

drivemecrzy, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  5. devi01

devi01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dear Mr. drivemecrzy (with many emails, I do not remember all)
    First you need to know, i'm not a child that you mock so easily.
    I know very well Everything about vBulletin's policy, so that you can not tell me with these rules.
    You write:"Are you using it with no copyright? Are you violence vBulletin's policy?"
    My answer:" I spoke with vbulletin team for more than a week, by giving them my details and many other info"
    And you should know that I have not done anything illegal...
    Since you're so smart and crafty, you can give the answer of these tickets by vBulletin Team:
    vbulletin1.jpg

vbulletin2.jpg

vbulletin3.jpg

vbulletin4.jpg

After you read these I want to at least give me honest answers and not lies here in DP.
    Therefore it is best to turn my money back, or to restore my license.
    I know very well that to understand them, so I do not write "Thank you for understanding"

devi01, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  6. Quahas

Quahas Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Lol this seems exactly like a scammers stupid formal defense post.

Quahas, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  7. jamesbala

jamesbala Active Member

Best Answers:
    and why the fuck is tat scammer not yet banned!!! i have not seen such a worst dp mods in earth. they are useless

jamesbala, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  8. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    Please use the "Report" feature of any Private Messages which would incriminate the person you are accusing of scamming you. This is the best solution to alert the proper people to take action. I have also moved this here, since "Legal Issues" probably wasn't the appropriate section for this thread. :)

PHPGator, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  9. ~~~~

~~~~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Banning 'drivemecrazy' will only drive devi01 more crazier. Its pretty much useless to ask Vbulletin for help as they cannot help you, this has to be resolved between the buyer and the seller. Just file a chargeback with Paypal, give them a call and provide them all the evidence so you can recover your money, go out and buy a new license which is for $195 (I remember correctly)

Tip - Always pay through a credit card, in that case if you are scammed, you have a chance to fight back standing inside a Fort Knox, if you pay from the PayPal balance, you can fight back but PayPal's decision can drive you nuts!

~~~~, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  10. samdar

samdar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @devi01: You don't really have any option.

PayPal dispute can only work if the transaction happened in last 45 days. Since it has passed this date, you have no way to get back your money. The buyer aka scammer would have been aware of this. Best way is to call up PayPal and see if their buyer protection program can help you especially after 45 days of purchase.

Bad luck and clever filthy seller :(

samdar, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  11. samdar

samdar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    drivemecrzy
    I am sure this asshole has to be kicked out of DP. He not only fraudulently sold 2 Vbulletin licenses and charged back, he has also sold IPB Board license and 4 PHPLD licenses. I am sure, he would have charged back them too.

We can see more members coming back to screw his ass with no options left. I suggest a mod should write a detailed post on selling and transferring licenses and the risk involved in them. This is a very bad case study that any one can follow.

I vote for kicking him out of DP :)

samdar, Feb 9, 2012 IP