1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HELP! Moneybookers charging CRAZY withdrawal fees to India. Anyone tried it ?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by simplyjo, Dec 28, 2011.

Hi Friends, I have been using MB for a while now . Mostly for making payments but never for receiving and withdrawal. Now I wanted to withdraw a payment I recd there, so I transferred it to my HDFC account. Fees charged was around 6% of total amount. Isn't that too much ? Especially when they clearly say withdrawal fees are just rs 125 ???????? On contacting them, they say it is 'some bank fees'. I have recd international transfers before and I know banks DONT charge such a hefty %. Anyone using MB with same issues ?

simplyjo, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  2. supersenwins

supersenwins Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It might be the intermediary bank fees that Moneybookers use!

supersenwins, Jan 6, 2012 IP
  3. negaboys

negaboys Peon

Best Answers:
    I have withdrawn 4800 INR from moneybookers using wired transfer but i received only 3300 INR. How much they charging? Its really bad, if they charge this much..

negaboys, Jan 22, 2012 IP
  4. zary2006

zary2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I am in Pakistan and I am really disappointed with Moneybookers now. I always used to withdraw my money via them because PayPal is not available in Pakistan. But now they are charging somewhere around 20-25$ I don't care if its intermediary bank fees or what...but this is the amount that got deducted last time..I don't care if they are charging it or anyone else..but its just no affordable anymore..I heard they changed their bank and that's why this changed happened...I have switched to Payoneer card...and I am happy..can't afford to pay additional 25$ each time I withdraw my money..

zary2006, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  5. PayoneerTeam

PayoneerTeam Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your warm recommendation! Just to be clear about India, because of regulations by the RBI, no one can issue cards to Indian citizens from outside India, but we do offer the Local Bank Transfer service, which is a lot cheaper than what was described above.

PayoneerTeam, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  6. negaboys

negaboys Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you help me. How to withdraw money from moneybooker.com to india. I have tried wire transfer but they charged me more. I have withdrawn 4800 rs but received 3300 rs only.
    How much amount they actually charge for the transaction without including flat fee of 165 rs..

negaboys, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  7. Nissim-Payoneer

Nissim-Payoneer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Payoneer isn't affiliated with Moneybooker, so we would unfortunately not be able to describe to you exactly what fees they are charging (or how to use the service). I would suggest contacting them directly.

If you're getting paid by a partner of ours that supports the worldwide local bank transfer service, Payoneer sends you your payments from a local account in INR. The cost is $5.95 per transfer, and funds are converted with a margin of up to 3% from the mid-rate.

Nissim-Payoneer, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  8. simplyjo

simplyjo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Payoneer is looking like a good option.. I wanna know more.. is it globally accepted form of payment ? how do i transfer to payoneer card ?

simplyjo, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  9. simplyjo

simplyjo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So true.. even I dont care who charges the fee but if its deducted from my account.. i have a reason to be pissed. even I am never going to withdraw from MB again.. I only use it to purchase online once in a while..its better to keep balance n use online for payments rather then waste money in withdrawal fees.

simplyjo, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  10. Nissim-Payoneer

Best Answers:
    Yep, the Payoneer card is can be used worldwide where debit MasterCard is accepted. As mentioned above, however, the RBI has prohibited non-US companies from issuing debit/credit cards to Indian residents, which unfortunately includes Payoneer.

If you're a member of a partner/affiliate program of ours that supports our worldwide local bank transfer service, you can receive direct payments to your Indian bank account using Payoneer. If you'd like to tell me which programs you're receiving payments from, I can confirm if they support the service or not.

Reading through his thread I can see that MB seems to be charging additional fees, most likely due to their method of transfer to India. When funds pass through intermediate banks there is a chance of additional fees being imposed. Payoneer's local bank transfer service to India allows you to receive funds from a local bank account in India, in INR. This means that there are no international transaction fees imposed by your bank.

Nissim-Payoneer, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  11. ThePassiveIncomeBlog

ThePassiveIncomeBlog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Financial regulations often attacks the foreign income. Really sad about this.

ThePassiveIncomeBlog, Feb 14, 2012 IP
  12. bunty200

bunty200 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great info.

bunty200, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  13. gobinathdpi

gobinathdpi Member

Best Answers:
    So are you conveying that the amount from MB can be send via payoneer to indian bank account?

gobinathdpi, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  14. nvp

nvp Peon

Best Answers:
    6% isn't too much.

nvp, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  15. Nissim-Payoneer

Best Answers:
    As I mentioned, Payoneer isn't affiliated with MB, and you wouldn't be able to receive payments via our local bank transfer service from MB.

If you're a member of a partner program of ours that offers the local bank transfer service, you will be able to receive your payments to India via the service.

Nissim-Payoneer, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  16. Pitu

Pitu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Moneybookers has fixed withdrawal fees near about 2.5$ per transaction
    then your bank may charge for receiving the fund
    its not crazy like u said

Pitu, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  17. jalle007

jalle007 Peon

Best Answers:
    this is reallz unacceptable! I know something will bad happen after thez changed brand to skrill :mad:

i used monezbookers a lot. on mz last withdrawalof just 21,8E thez charged me 20!
    i am talking about intermediate banks only.

this reply I got from moneybookers

Is there any solution to this ? How to withdraw withou such big fees?

jalle007, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  18. nabeel_25

nabeel_25 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes

last withdraw with me

i did withdraw from MB to my bank account (68 Euro) to my bank but i did receive (36 Euro) only

i did contact to MB they did say me maybe subject to receiving/intermediary bank charges. Skrill (Moneybookers)

cannot be held liable for such charges.

nabeel_25, Jun 8, 2012 IP
  19. arshayshetty

arshayshetty Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I have read loads of complaints about Moneybookers in this forum and other forums. I was searching for an alternate way of sending money using my Citibank India Credit card to a bank account in India. I have tried Moneybookers only once for the same purpose & got the shock of my life when they charged me huge amount of money to my mother for withdrawing the amount i had sent her to pay house rent. To be precise i had sent Rs.8,900 to my mother and she received about Rs.8,800 or slightly over that she then requested Rs.8,800 for withdrawal into her Indian bank account & to her surprise after waiting for 5-6 days all she received in her bank account was Rs.7,500 and its shameful for Moneybookers to charge so much & when i sent them a complaint query asking why they have charged so much money as they had also charged me to send money they replied back after 2 days saying that it was not them who charged my mother so much it is the local back and shit. I swear i would never ever use Moneybookers to transfer money to my mother in future. I know Moneybookers is safe and a secured mode of sending money to India and other countries but who cares if one gets charged so much to withdraw the money. :mad:

So I would like to know if i could do the same with Payoneer since many of you have suggested Payoneer as alternate/replacement for Moneybookers. I have visited Payoneer website but could not find an answer to what i am looking for. I have written to them yesterday and i am waiting for a positively reply from them. So till then decided to ask you all if any of you knows any other alternate ways to serve my purpose of using my Citibank India credit card to send money to my mother so she could withdraw money into her Indian Bank account.

Expecting positive suggestions from you all my friends.

Thanks in advance. :D

Regards,
    RahuL

“Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else’s.” Billy Wilder

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
    arshayshetty, Jun 16, 2012 IP
  20. arshayshetty

arshayshetty Peon

Best Answers:

so can i transfer money from my citibank credit card (which is registered to an indian address) to my mother's indian bank account using payoneer. . .

arshayshetty, Jun 16, 2012 IP