1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Do I Review Products without Purchasing Them?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by aceofadsense, Jan 23, 2012.

Hi Guys - I have read in couple of forums that affiliates review the products they promote and these reviews might result in sales as well. But, how can I review a product without buying it from my affiliate vendor? Can someone elaborate on this?

aceofadsense, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  2. rjd1265

rjd1265 Active Member

Best Answers:
    FINALLY! Someone who gets it! There are so many affiliates out there who just promote to make a buck. This in turn made online buying so shitty the last few years because anytime you as a consumer went to review a product you did not know if you were getting an actual review or some 18 year kid making crap up to make $20 commission.

I run a series of HONEST review sites. I take pride in knowing that I make money but I also do it in a honest way and help people in the process.

It is hard to do when you do not use the product but in some cases you can not. This is how I run my review websites:

1. If it a Clickbank product I do buy it. Weather I need it or not I buy it, and through my link so I get something out of it.
    A. I review the layout, wording, ease of read and effectiveness...to a point. 95% more than any other affiliate does.
    B. Obviously if I am promoting something I cannot test, such as a stop divorce product I look at the things above. I then go to forums and try to find people who have used the product. I do NOT Google the product and review behind it as again, it is probably someone
    who never used it.
    C. I then look up the website/owner in the BBB and see if they have any complaints. That is reported in my review
    D. Other factors i Review: How long it has been out, sales history, refund history (I know how to find this out for like $5) and cost comparison

I then comprise my reviews off of that. Again, I did not use the product but I also never claim I did. I give them a lot of facts to the buyer can make the choice.

For other products such as health products, creams, toys whatever...I pretty much do the same thing. I layout side by side comparisons and let the buyer make the choice.

You will be surprised how many CB products, or other products in general have horrible feedback from the BBB or on the forums.

I was just so sick of affiliates making false claims "I made $4,000 my first month so buy this product" when the fact of the matter is they made $0 and are trying to make a buck off of others misfortunes. Good for them but Karma is a big ass B*cth and you will get what you have coming.

Most importantly you can make a awesome review site without making false claims and giving the buyer enough info for them to buy through your link.

Good luck to all!

rjd1265, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  3. aceofadsense

aceofadsense Peon

Best Answers:
    An Honest reply from the Heart & "Without any intention of a Sale". THank You so Much!! Mind pointing out at your review site if you do not mind?

aceofadsense, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  4. DidierE

DidierE Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You don't.
    You buy the product, then you write an honest review, it's that simple really.

Why would you promote a junk product that you won't buy yourself? You are only going to increase your refund count.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
    DidierE, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  5. aceofadsense

aceofadsense Peon

Best Answers:
    So, most of the affiliates do this? Just buy the product to test it out and request for a refund?

aceofadsense, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  6. daniell

daniell Active Member

Best Answers:
    Unless the Vendor will provide you with a copy...

1. Buy the product.

2. Do a review.

daniell, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  7. rjd1265

rjd1265 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, He did not say that. He said you will increase your refund count if you promote junk. You promote junk by not reviewing it first.

Just buy it with your link and then you get like 75% off. dont be an ass and refund your review product. You may also ask the vendor for a review copy or a full copy as well.

I bet only 2% of affiliates out there acutally do this and the people making the big bucks in CB are vendors who have affiliates promote for them. That is a promise you can take the bank. So when they say "look at the $1,500 I make a day promoting products" that is actually there product that affiliates promote for them. Most of these guys would not even know how to promote to the open market.

rjd1265, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  8. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now that too many affiliates write review pages without buying those products sometimes just by reading the sales pages and sometimes by reading those blogs that have insiders information. But the best way to do it is in fact by buying the product and going through it and then write a review. This is also not easy to do because you'r gonna bankrupt if your review is not going to rank high.
    This is what I do. I try to find the truth about the product on the net especially the warrior forum. The WF have many users review especially in the make money online niche. After I found out the truth, I write it in my own way. There are also some affiliates that review products with a video. Check this site www.jonpenberthy.com which is really fantastic. I like that.

dess71, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  9. Buxom_Bold

Buxom_Bold Peon

Best Answers:
    I am also looking for the answer of the same question... let see next what would be done?

Buxom_Bold, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  10. aceofadsense

aceofadsense Peon

Best Answers:
    hey dess...thank you...really useful info..

aceofadsense, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  11. samsonthomas

samsonthomas Member

Best Answers:
    I think before you decide to buy it is better to ask the vendor for a review copy. And if they are any worth as a vendor, they should give without any fuss.

samsonthomas, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  12. aceofadsense

aceofadsense Peon

Best Answers:
    mmm true thing...can you point me to a list of well known clickbank vendors related to SEM/PPC/SEO ?

aceofadsense, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  13. Deji

Deji Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    He said it all. You cannot properly review a product which you have not read yourself.

Deji, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  14. inspmorse

inspmorse Peon

Best Answers:
    If you really like the product, buy it, if you plan on making several websites around that product your going to get your money back again and again.

inspmorse, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  15. 1childread

1childread Peon

Best Answers:
    You can always contact the vendor first to ask for a review copy. We have an excellent program that helps parents teach their young children to read, with video proof and fantastic feedback from parents. We gladly give our affiliates a review copy if they're genuinely interested in promoting our program. Please see here: http://www.childrenlearningreading.com/affiliates/index.html If anyone would like to promote an honest program that over delivers on content and quality to customers, please contact us via the contact link on our affiliate page. :)

1childread, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  16. EMO_Ralez

EMO_Ralez Peon

Best Answers:
    Just message the vendor, he'll propably provide you with some sort of temporary access. Just make sure that your email is professional and you mention how big and who your target audience is

EMO_Ralez, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  17. SummersAlisa

SummersAlisa Peon

Best Answers:
    You should 1st ask the vendor for a review copy and luckily he may provide you ,if not , no way..i think

SummersAlisa, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  18. taiko78

taiko78 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    GOod review.. Love your style and I will follow your style.. it is good to buy but sometimes it is not for me but the product is great to sell

taiko78, Feb 18, 2012 IP