1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Not able to login admincp

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by www.worldofdth.in, Jan 22, 2012.

Hi,

after restoring database i am unable to access the admin panel. I have tried to give admin access to another user id of mine using tools.php but after giving the admin access that id is also not working for admin account...

Anyway to solve it..?

www.worldofdth.in, Jan 22, 2012 IP
  2. Dorfy

Dorfy Peon

Best Answers:
    Whats the error message you are getting ?

Sounds like a simple password problem, if you've recently updated your password try the old one, if not, get the system to reset your password using the lost password function.

Dorfy, Jan 22, 2012 IP
  3. www.worldofdth.in

www.worldofdth.in Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its not working......my site was hacked and the hacker crashed the database......then i got old database backup from my hosts. And after restoration of database i am unable to login to admin account. Have tried lost pasword option but when i put the password, that i get via lost password, it again not work...
    tried giving admin access to other userid using tools.php but again its not loging in using that new user id too......

plz help me someone.....

4. Dorfy

Dorfy Peon

Best Answers:
    If your database was on the hosts server, the chances are the hacker corrupted that one too, once they are into your C-panel they have access to all your files and all your databases including backups, that what it sounds like to me.

I've had this happen to me, my only way out was to start again from scratch, if you are lucky, Google may have cached some of your content, so gettign some back could be a simple copy/paste exercise.

Believe me, I know how you feel, I had two years work hacked, and destroyed.

i know it's no help now but in future download backups to your own PC.

Dorfy, Jan 22, 2012 IP
  5. www.worldofdth.in

Best Answers:
    please someone help me.....how to make admin login working.....

everytime the password and user wrong error comes...

6. Dorfy

Dorfy Peon

Best Answers:
    If your database has been corrupted there is not a lot anyone can do.
    First tell us which board software you are using, if it's phpBB you can gain access by using the STK toolkit.

Dorfy, Jan 22, 2012 IP
  7. sempoi

sempoi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you can make new register ??

if can just go to config.php
    and edit the administrator user id and put the new id on config.php

after then try to reset your first admin id by default id = 1

after reset

open another browser then try login the old admin user
    if login complete

go to config.php again change back id to old

then login back

if you have any query just pm me,,,,

sempoi, Jan 22, 2012 IP
  8. Dorfy

Dorfy Peon

Best Answers:
    That wont work for a number of reasons.

That is the database password which could be different from his ACP password.

He's logging into the database so that password is working and does not need changing.

If he lets us know what board software he is using then we may be able to help further.

Dorfy, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  9. sempoi

sempoi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    not for looking the database password but changing the Special User ID : on Config.php

sempoi, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  10. www.worldofdth.in

Best Answers:
    @dorfy, i am using vb 3.8x

Now the new problem is coming after restoring the database again...
    The users are saying that when they log in they redirect to index as guest...i am also facing this...how to solve it..?

www.worldofdth.in, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  11. sempoi

sempoi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    change cookies setting

sempoi, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  12. Dorfy

Dorfy Peon

Best Answers:
    this is beginning to sound as if the password file in the database has been corrupted or deleted, you need to ask VB if there is a way of building it again, and if there is a way of you resetting the Admin password, not sure but it could mean all your present members have to re-register, try asking on the VB forum at Vbulletin.com

Dorfy, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  13. Dorfy

Dorfy Peon

Best Answers:
    Just found this on the net, VB does have a tool for reseetting the admin password, this is for version 3.x,

The following guideline will help you to reset your vBulletin administrator in an event when “Forgot password” doesn’t work for you: [1] Browse your forum and log out (if you have logged in using other user) if you aren’t already. Register as a new user and login as this user. [2] In the vBulletin’s .zip file you can find a directory called ‘do_not_upload/‘. Inside this directory, there is a file called ‘tools.php‘. Upload this file into your forum’s admincp/ directory. Then go to the admincp/tools.php with your browser. [3] At the bottom of the tools page is an option to ‘Reset Admin Access‘. Run it with the just newly registered username. [4] You have just made yourself admin and you need this because you should now login to the admincp/ and find the user who’s password you have lost. Search for this user and when found you will see the whole profile including a password field. Set a new password. [6] Go to the main forum and log out from the new user, and try to login with the old admin account. This should work now. [7] When it works, go back into the admin control panel and find the newly registered user. The profile page will have a drop down in the top, from there select delete and delete the temporary admin. [8] Then delete the tools.php file from your web hosting account. It is a potential security risk if you leave it on the web site.

Dorfy, Jan 25, 2012 IP