1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mass Payment Fees outside the U.S. increase from $1.00 to $20.00

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Sprouter, Jan 20, 2012.

TLA just sent me an email saying that now i can get charged up to $18 per payment using paypal now. Effective January 24, 2012, if the mass payment is outside the U.S. the charge will be up to $20 where as previously it was up to $1. This is a massive fee increase! Up to now i was happy enough to put up with paypal fees but is it now time to look for alternatives? Especially for those that receive affiliate income? Payoneer is one option however they have some nasty fees also.

http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y11/m12/i26/s02

Sprouter, Jan 20, 2012 IP
  2. Nissim-Payoneer

Nissim-Payoneer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,

Payoneer's fees are highly competitive and among the best available on the market today. There are currently 1400+ partner and affiliate programs that offer payment via Payoneer, through services such as our Prepaid debit MasterCard card and worldwide local bank transfer service (available for local transfer in 35+ countries with an additional 170+ via SWIFT).

If you have any specific questions in regards to Payoneer, I'd be more than happy to assist.

Thanks,

Nissim-Payoneer, Jan 20, 2012 IP
  3. Sprouter

Sprouter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Compared to my bank? No they are not.

I need to accept monthly payments in U.S. dollars and then convert them to Australian dollars and have them deposited into my Australian bank account. Will Payoneer be able to do this without fees? Does Payoneer charge an acceptable conversion rate? I'm happy to pay a monthly account keeping fee but once other fees are added on top for simple transactions it becomes unacceptable.

Sprouter, Jan 20, 2012 IP
  4. Nissim-Payoneer

Best Answers:
    The costs of bank transfers will of course vary from that of a prepaid debit MasterCard, however the prepaid card option will provide more benefits so the costs can't be directly compared.

We do offer a local bank transfer service to Australian residents, which allows you to receive payments from participating partner programs via local transfer in AUD. As mentioned, though, it's only available with certain partners, so if you'd like to contact me with further details regarding your payments (which partners/affiliate programs you're getting paid from) I can give you more specific details.

Here's a thread about the service

Nissim-Payoneer, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  5. Sprouter

Best Answers:
    It seems i'm better off with paypal unless you can drop the fee?

Sprouter, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  6. PayoneerTeam

PayoneerTeam Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, the fee for a transfer to Australia is $9.95. We have a deal with a local bank so it's a local transfer, so you shouldn't have any fees when the funds land in your bank account. If PayPal is $20, how is it better than $9.95? We can't lower the fee since it's what we are charged to make the transfer - we aren't a bank ourselves, so it's not like we can do it for free.

PayoneerTeam, Jan 22, 2012 IP
  7. Sprouter

Best Answers:
    It's 2% up to $20. My deposits are under $500 meaning paypal is the better deal.

Sprouter, Jan 22, 2012 IP
  8. Nissim-Payoneer

Best Answers:
    Also keep in mind that Payoneer's local bank transfer to Australia is actually a local transfer. The funds are sent from a local account in Australia, in AUD.

Nissim-Payoneer, Jan 22, 2012 IP
  9. Sprouter

Best Answers:
    ....and the benefit of that is?

Sprouter, Jan 22, 2012 IP
  10. Nissim-Payoneer

Best Answers:
    Local transfers are processed much more quickly, and some banks may charge extra fees for international transfers, or transfers in foreign currencies.

Nissim-Payoneer, Jan 22, 2012 IP
  11. PayoneerTeam

PayoneerTeam Active Member

Best Answers:
    Regardless, there is no payment method that will be the cheapest for 100% of the people, and if PayPal is cheaper for you, then you should definitely choose that route.

PayoneerTeam, Jan 23, 2012 IP