1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PayPal limits my account for no reason, please help!

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by JeremyIrvine, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Okay so my situation is somewhat the same as goodselleronline (http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2370399)

I need help on this so any advice on this will be greatly appreciated.

This has been stressing me for the past 2 days. So what happened was PayPal limited my account for no reason at all. I logged into the homepage and this was what I got:

And then they come up with this bunch of crap:

I have not had a single customer chargebacked at me before so I don't understand why is my account being limited for no reason. I can still receive money but I can't send or withdraw. This was just yesterday.

Day 2
    So I did what everyone would have told me to and I just rang up PayPal yesterday night and the situation got even worse. The reason they said they limited my account was because they found out I had multiple accounts and in their TOS, one user is only allowed to have 2 PayPals, one Personal and one Premier. Now I'm just puzzled because I only have one PayPal account and I told them that it could have been my siblings who registered another account with our address. Then they told me that they found out one account with the name starting with the letter "r" and ending with live.com (I kept asking them for the exact login of that account but they keep telling me they can't disclose and those crap), has a negative balance of -$1000+. And they said if I wanna remove my limitation on my current PayPal, I'd have to top up the $1000+ on that other account. So naturally, I was really furious and pissed off. I raised my voice at the PayPal staff over the phone and kept telling her I have no idea whose account that belongs to. Then she told me it could have been my brother and sister and I'd have to tell them that myself. I'm seriously pissed off right now, PayPal is bringing these 2 matters together when it's not even related.

So when I logged into PayPal this morning I got this message:
    Now it's even worse because I can't even receive or withdraw money at all. I cannot even upload documents or send info to PayPal to remove my limitation Please tell me what I should do. Now I am really regretting I made that stupid phone call. I did ask my siblings about this but they denied. So it's not even fair to me, presuming someone registered a PayPal account with my address and he/she got that account negative so now I have to be responsible for that?

I'm really having loss of sleep over this now because with my current account, I have a lot of money being held and they were all my hard earned money.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
    JeremyIrvine, Jan 20, 2012 IP
  2. Deji

Deji Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Your best bet is to call Paypal again and explain things to them. You made a mistake by yelling at the customer representative and that would have only made things worse. If all else fails, ask to speak to a supervisor. If they however insist that you must pay the $1000 and you don't want to since you say you are not aware about it and are not responsible, they will hold your funds in the second account for 180 days and then close both accounts after taking "their" $1000. You will be able to withdraw the balance before they shut down the accounts.

Deji, Jan 20, 2012 IP
  3. ikidoxio

ikidoxio Member

Best Answers:
    how much u got on paypal...
    ?

ikidoxio, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  4. momi

momi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The thing I hate about all these payment processing sites, freelancing sites, and all other sites involving money transactions is that they do not even bear to loose $0.01 or less in any case. They always put their users at risk/loss in every such situation and don't care about them.

The same thing happened in your case also I think. Someone tricked them and now they are in a loss of $1000 and then they started to look for someone to put a blame on and recover the money from someone else (like you). And if they do not, they may simply make anyone else victim of the same case. But they'll recover that $1000 whatever happens.

You have no other option I think. You can only get this solved via contacting them again and again!

momi, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  5. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If this kind of case happen, you need to make a call, call them up to solve it, not using email
    below are the contact number
    65-6510-4584
    65-6823-2061

lifeplayer, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  6. arah

arah Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, try make call

arah, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  7. RAVI63

RAVI63 Peon

Best Answers:
    call them via skype for free... for there skype number just search there website

RAVI63, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  8. _garry

_garry Peon

Best Answers:
    This happened to a friend of mine getting many donations in. You must be very careful with paypal... they are cash nazis.

_garry, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  9. ||||||

|||||| Peon

Best Answers:
    and people ask me why i dont use paypal... :rolleyes:

||||||, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  10. abajan

abajan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, it looks like you're going to have to play hardball with them. Perhaps it's time to get a lawyer. I don't know how the legal system works in your country but if you can find a lawyer who's willing to work pro bono, then do so. There are an awful lot of PayPal horror stories online and it's time they wake up to the reality that people are not going to put up with this sort of stuff any longer. Regardless of size, no entity is beyond the reach of the law.

abajan, Jun 9, 2015 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.