1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[ASK]Would It Be Ok Using Domain Name That Use Product Name?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by saladflorida, Jan 20, 2012.

Title says it. So Would it be ok if i register domain name like .... AmazonProductName.com for example? or maybe thebestkindlestore dot com ?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
    saladflorida, Jan 20, 2012 IP
  2. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    nihangshah, Jan 21, 2012 IP
    saladflorida likes this.
  3. jamesosix

jamesosix Member

Best Answers:
    i cant see no reason why you couldnt use something like thebestkindlestore.com (provided its available)

jamesosix, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  4. saladflorida

saladflorida Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for bringing that up

read this
    The problem is, that 2 months ago, i registered a domain name with some amazon product name on it. And it's been making more than 200$ just last month itself.
    I am sure it will bring another 300-400$ this month. The trafic 85% organic from search engine (maybe because of the name). I just did some basic optimization and just some minor backlinks campaign. I just consider my self lucky. It got around 500 daily uv now.

The question is, What should i do now?

saladflorida, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  5. jamesosix

jamesosix Member

Best Answers:
    yeah fair play. I always thought kindle was the title of a object, not an actual copyrighted trademark...if that makes sense. Like television, or stereo..or kindle? lol I dunno..probably best to ignore me, I'm new to this stuff, so just applying the stuff I know.

Probably best to wait on advise from the more experienced folks :)

jamesosix, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  6. whoisjohngalt

whoisjohngalt Peon

Best Answers:
    On a couple of occasions I have bought some jam up domains with famous names in them only to let them die a year later unused. What seems like a GREAT idea at 2AM in the morning often fades when the sun comes out.

I would not advise ever having a domain with a powerful company or product name in it.

An example.... Common sense says that a domain like COKETASTESGREAT.COM would be a million seller, but then you have to figure that the Coke company would come down on you like a ton of bricks.

So, you have to weigh the gain with the loss. Big companies have lawyers out there that have nothing to do all day but write threatening mail to people who wander into their space. Worst case scenario you could lose a lot more than you gain, and you wouldn't have a defense. So, be clever in other ways. Don't take a chance with big time product names or companies. Sleep good at night.

Norm with PandaCookBook.com

whoisjohngalt, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  7. saladflorida

saladflorida Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well i've finally managed to sell it to someone who thankfully doesn't care with the copyright and infringement stuff

saladflorida, Jan 22, 2012 IP
  8. Michael Leng

Michael Leng Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's good idea to use Domain name + product name or any attraction word + product name. But you can't use amazon, kindle, endless,...see more details in "Operating Agreement" > "Enrollment" > " f ".

Michael Leng, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  9. rorymullen

rorymullen Member

Best Answers:
    If you are ever in any question concerning copy right violations, please look at company profile for product you are promoting, and most sites will be covered with a copy right violations article and words that are copy righted.

rorymullen, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  10. Michael Leng

Michael Leng Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make prospect customers who visit site confident and bring them to buy product eventually.

Michael Leng, Feb 7, 2012 IP