1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Guest blogging, any insights?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by plmerlin, Nov 20, 2011.

I get contacted to accept guest bloggers - I accepted one but I'm a bit concerned by these possible spammers.

Anyone has experience to share?

Thanks

plmerlin, Nov 20, 2011 IP
  2. sweetcrabhoney18

sweetcrabhoney18 Banned

Best Answers:
    Make sure to have your rules clear and easy to understand and actually on your blog. If you want to prevent spammers check all the postings before they go live. You don't have to worry about spammers if you are effective at monitoring the blog content yourself.

Best of luck.

sweetcrabhoney18, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Ask to see the link they will include in the post to make sure its not spammy. If the article is unique and there is nothing shady about the site then you have nothing to worry about.

dcristo, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  4. MagicMonkey

MagicMonkey Member

Best Answers:
    Guest blogging is a great way to avoid writing content and if their website is good then it is fine for you to link with them through a post.
    Guest blogging yourself is also a great way to build your credibility in the blogging realm and drive traffic.
    So basically go for it just check what they write first.

MagicMonkey, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  5. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have them email you the article rather than giving them access to your site. At least that way if they send you junk, it never hits your site.

YMC, Nov 26, 2011 IP
    havrincedaniel likes this.
  6. JonRhodesUK

JonRhodesUK Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It can be a good way to get extra content on your blog. I would advise you to always insist on unique content plus don't be shy of rejecting articles that are not up to standard. You will receive some poorly written articles with bad english, and badly spun. Don't ever accept these - your readers will not appreciate it. Do this and it should work well for you - you will also get some quality posts. Don't allow your site to be hijacked by low quality content.

JonRhodesUK, Nov 26, 2011 IP
  7. tom.jeraldino

tom.jeraldino Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've been guest blogging for tech-oriented sites for almost 6 months already, and I'd say I love it, on the one hand, you can expand your professional experience in the field, on the other hand, you can also earn some extra cash.

tom.jeraldino, Nov 29, 2011 IP
  8. UK_writer

UK_writer Peon

Best Answers:
    There's nothing to worry about. You can see the article and links before choosing whether or not to post the article, so if you're not happy with anything, you just say thanks but no thanks.

UK_writer, Nov 29, 2011 IP
  9. tom.jeraldino

Best Answers:
    Exactly. Moreover, some writers, who have just started blogging, would be happy if their posts were published even without payment, just because they wish to earn some reputation in the sphere, so you can even spare some money, not only to get decent-level content for your site

tom.jeraldino, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  10. UK_writer

UK_writer Peon

Best Answers:
    There's plenty of writers offering articles for free (fully credited to them of course) so that they can get links back to their site and/or build up their reputation. Try myblogguest.com.

UK_writer, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  11. tom.jeraldino

Best Answers:
    Wow, haven't heard of it, thanks for sharing, I'll surely get registered

tom.jeraldino, Dec 2, 2011 IP
  12. Michelle.Janson7

Michelle.Janson7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think guest blogging (with the right person) is an excellent way to get more followers to you and the other person's site. It seems to me like you get the most links and new follows from this kind of thing. Am I wrong?

Michelle.Janson7, Dec 8, 2011 IP
  13. gabrielle06

gabrielle06 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are few things you have to check and I guess some of them have already been pointed out here, but to sum it up here they are:

1. Links - make sure the site you are linking to is not spammy in nature. One way to tell if its spammy is when it publishes articles about products you often find in the JUNK folder of your email. Also, allow only two links, if possible put them all in the Author bio.

2. Content - check if the article is copied, contains "spammy" words or written in such a way to elude readers; never, ever publish these contents. Always opt for longer, informational articles.

3. Author Name - always use the real name of the author, don't allow him/her to use his/her username. This will add credibility to the article and your site as well.

Guest blogging is one of the best ways to build links, so don't be afraid to publish one as long as it's from a "legit" author, linking to a "legit" source, and offering "legit" content.

Hope this helps.

gabrielle06, Dec 9, 2011 IP
  14. tom.jeraldino

Best Answers:
    I can only add that if you're a guest blogger yourself, check the sites' PR in advance, to make sure that your article will be well-read

tom.jeraldino, Dec 12, 2011 IP
  15. EnjoliBaker

EnjoliBaker Peon

Best Answers:
    Just don't get carried away with accepting everyone and make sure you have some guidelines.

EnjoliBaker, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  16. EnjoliBaker

EnjoliBaker Peon

Best Answers:
    You must check their links that is a very good point.

EnjoliBaker, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  17. tom.jeraldino

Best Answers:
    Do you mean the guidelines, regarding the topic of your post, or any other ones?

tom.jeraldino, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  18. Revaxmedia

Revaxmedia Member

Best Answers:
    Think of it this way, what are they getting out guest blogging? they are only interested in the link so you may find out that they spam it to the high heavens.

Revaxmedia, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  19. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    Why are so many people apparently concerned about "unique content"?

How does "whether the post has previously been published on another blog" alter the value to your readers?!

People who publish guest posts on their blogs - just like ezine/newsletter publishers - are people with a "content need" to fill. It makes absolutely no difference to them whether something's previously published. Huge numbers of them syndicate occasional articles from places like Ezine Articles (and of course that's what article directories actually exist for), so they're clearly and rightly unconcerned about whether or not it's been online before, anyway.

I suspect that a lot of people confuse "duplicate content" with "syndicated content" and imagine that there's going to be some sort of "penalty" for this - but those are people who need to take the occasional look at Google's WebMaster Central Blog and appreciate that "duplicate content" means multiple copies of a text-file within one domain, and that this is something totally different.

I've done quite a lot of guest blogging - some of it very successfully from my own perspective of attracting traffic - over the last 3 years, in the course of building up my business, and I've never once supplied "unique content". I don't even think I've ever once been asked for it, actually. And I'm talking about a whole range of sites across 8 completely different niches.

There are certainly a lot of misunderstandings about this subject. :eek:

alexa_s, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  20. tom.jeraldino

Best Answers:
    How about plagiarism issues? I have encountered situations, when the site was dropped down in the search results, just because it had "stolen" content.

tom.jeraldino, Jan 19, 2012 IP