1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ScrapeBox is Scam

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by WPC, Jan 16, 2012.

ScrapeBox is Scam

The story, Worked hard to earn my self $57 through various online small coding jobs, and css fixes, etc.

Went and purchased ScrapeBox, after using it I couldn't even barely use it, it says that you can set it up within minutes, although it took me more than 1-2 hours.

The built in proxy scrapper, and checker is fail. All 100% proxies provided by the software are blocked, error 404.

I just had this software for 3-4 hours, and was not satisfied, I emailed ScrapeBox support, and kindly asked for refund, and they rejected me. Email below.

After discussion for a simple kind refund, they kept rejecting me as I had no choice left to dispute the transaction, after disputing it they banned my hardware id and blocked me from using the software.

And my $57 is no where to be seen. Don't buy it, Don't use it, their customer service is terrible, and scam.

I just lost a good $57, so up setting.

WPC, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  2. cjaccardi

cjaccardi Active Member

Best Answers:
    well if you dispute it of course they can ban you since you want a refund. But scrapebox is great for me . I love it and its easy to use. I am not sure what difficulties you are having with it . But I never had a problem.

cjaccardi, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  3. ezbnc

ezbnc Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry you had such a bad experience with a company I know it can be frustrating hopefully the charge back will go through.

ezbnc, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  4. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should know that scrapebox is a blackhat SEO tool and thus refrain yourself from using that. I knew many webmasters complaining about getting their website banned after they have used this tool.

seo_buzz, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  5. cjaccardi

cjaccardi Active Member

Best Answers:
    how can you get banned from backlinks ? Ive used scrapebox on dozens of domains and never had an issue

cjaccardi, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  6. kahmed09

kahmed09 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you use scrapebox properly its sooo effective!
    sorry to hear of your lose though man... sucks!

ive had it happen many times to me... people selling me crappy sites and they end up with my money. cant even remeber how many nulled scripts ive purchased LOL

kahmed09, Jan 20, 2012 IP
  7. hip_hop_x

hip_hop_x Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can get sandboxed your website (0 indexed pages, 0 backlinks... ) if you don't know how to promote your website. You can't just simply create 100k backlinks in one night after you had months of 0 new backlinks...
    You need to establish a proper strategy before going somewhere, take a look on some youtube tutorials also read some tutorials about how to promote your website in a safe matter.

hip_hop_x, Jan 22, 2012 IP
  8. Lee G

Lee G Peon

Best Answers:
    If its just website your looking to post on there is a very good free program called Scrape Genius
    http://blackhatautomation.com/blog/
    The link for downloading it is on the bottom of the above link
    It has a built in free proxy scraper

Free proxy scraper you can set to download and test proxies is by Stash Box
    http://www.ferostashbox.com/stashware
    Set it to download the proxies over night and run its test on them

I get between 500 to 2k urls per run with Scrape Genius on one footprint
    Great for harvesting directories if your directory submitter needs submit.php in the url when you add new directory lists

Another good free footprint harvester is FootPrint Finder SERP Google Scraper
    http://googlescraper.deal23.com/
    Get about 600 results per footprint with that

Lee G, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  9. physicist

physicist Peon

Best Answers:
    WPC - I don't think scrapebox is a scam. It's a very powerful tool that takes quite a bit of getting used to. I did not see a guarantee on the sales page but hopefully you'll get a refund since you did a payment dispute. It might be well worth you checking out Lee G's post above. Good luck!

physicist, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  10. Lee G

Lee G Peon

Best Answers:
    Lee G, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  11. war_machine

war_machine Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is used for keyword research, manual commenting, checking PR, finding affiliates for my programs and a lot more. Really good if you know how to use it.

war_machine, May 20, 2012 IP
  12. Balisama

Balisama Peon

Best Answers:
    Scrapebox is realy SCAM!
    I have ordered their software and I can not use it - it does not work. When I have tried to write to support I got an answer after 5 days asking me to look in their video and tutorials and no more answer till today... My money are gone...

Balisama, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  13. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not their problem.

Do they guarantee an active list? If not, it's not their problem.

What's their refund policy? Here's the appropriate para:

"Under no circumstances can we offer refunds because you changed your mind, you no longer need the software, you assumed it done something not advertised, or you found it too difficult there are hundreds of video and written tutorials for you to make this decision before purchasing."

So again, not their problem.

If they block you from using it when you're a paying customer, you may have some recourse. It depends on their terms: they probably have something in there about retaining the right to refuse service to anyone, but if not then you are entitled (by dint of having paid) to normal access. You could probably contest this point with them politely and get your access back.

No offense, but you should probably have read the terms before you bought. The only possible accusation of scamming you can make is that they have retracted your access when you have paid for the product, assuming there's nothing in their terms about that.

Yes, it sucks, but it's not a scam. Their terms are very clear.

(And no, I don't work for them, I don't use it and I don't want to... just saying.)

TIEro, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  14. Elvis Wong

Elvis Wong Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Scrapebox a SCAM ????
    Are you kidding me ????

It's probably one of the most brilliant software around. Hell they could easily asked for a monthly payment for this tool

There's so many things you can do with this baby.

Elvis Wong, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  15. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    @Tlero.... this is a year old thread.
    in part, I am inclined to agree with you, it is not their fault if someone buys it and refuses to learn / use it. However, if multiple people are struggling with it, then they need to revise the software, the layout, or the built in tutorials.

As it stands, the op has neither the item he was purchased, or the money. IF the company wants to cancel his license, they should do a refund at the same time. Keeping the money, and cancelling the license is theft.

Even if it is not a scam, it reflects very poorly on the company to have such a poor attitude to its customers.
    IMO, if someone pays for a product, based on a fancy sales page, and does not get the results they were expecting, then this is false advertising, and especially when a refund is requested sooner (and not later) and as in this case the license can be terminated (without any cost to the seller, or the buyer, and without the buyer having the possibility to keep a copy illegally) then it is best for all to cancel the license and do a refund.

(if the license cant be cancelled, then this is when I say that a company cannot do a refund)

matt_62, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  16. razashah

razashah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They are scam! They even dont want to reply! they are not activating my licence, They are totally........... Lost my money with Scrapbox!

razashah, Feb 22, 2014 IP
  17. Elvis Wong

Elvis Wong Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

No it's not a blackhat tool ONLY ! There's so many things you can do with it but i must admit that it's not a tool for beginners.
    By the way, do you own it ? I do...

In fact, they should restrain newbies getting it by asking a couple of questions first. Then accept to sell it.

It's one of the best damn 57 bucks i've ever spent online !

Elvis Wong, Feb 23, 2014 IP
  18. silverdot

silverdot Member

Best Answers:
    Just a heads up with a simple Google search you can find cracked on forums. Your $57 isn't lost. Seek and ye shall find.

silverdot, Mar 16, 2014 IP
  19. KingJabeyt

KingJabeyt Member

Best Answers:
    Funny, I always get this feedback from new users of scrapebox... you new to it?

KingJabeyt, Mar 16, 2014 IP
  20. CristiMayores

CristiMayores Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    scrapebox is depend on how you use it. you can used it by doing blackhat or whitehat seo.

CristiMayores, Mar 16, 2014 IP