1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest Simple Logo Redesign Contest / Mostly Text - $10

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by dren, Jan 11, 2012.

We have renamed our company and we need a new logo for the site. We are having a contest for our favorite logo design.

This is the logo we are currently using.
    [​IMG]

Final Proofs: Main Logo should be 1024x768 Social Logo should be 640x640 both should be transparent and PNG, as well as PSD with layers in tact. The social logo should simply be the symbolic part of the 1st logo.
    Entries: I'd like to see the entries with two png images on a white background, one 320x240 and the other 160x160.

1st Winner - $10

I will consider any submission, and the winner place will receive future consideration for our future projects. All work must be done by you, no stock art please.

Thank you in advance, upon confirmation of winner and receipt of photos payment will be sent by PayPal.

The conditions of the contest are as follows: The winner would give us the right to use the logo on our site. The logo will be licensed along with the rest of our site under a Creative Commons Share Alike Attribution license http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ We are a small technology company and I am looking for something fairly similar to our current logo, but I don't want to say too much and restrict peoples creativity.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
    dren, Jan 11, 2012 IP
  2. logoesdesign

logoesdesign Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

logoesdesign, Jan 11, 2012 IP
  3. People Are People

People Are People Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here's my entry:

1. Changes can be made
    2. Vector

[​IMG]

People Are People, Jan 11, 2012 IP
  4. dren

dren Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I like what I've seen so far, thank you. Lets get some more entries in? Please include the symbolic portion of your entry as well. That way I have a good sized pool and complete entries from which to choose the winner.

To give you a better idea of what I want, I'm going to score everyone in 3 areas. A good bit of this score is going to be weighted on the symbol portion of the logo. This will be the main part of our logo used on social pages such as facebook, twitter, and for our favicon. You may use the font from our original logo in the new logo, this is OK. The font is Impact. You may also opt to not use arrows and a completely new font, completely redesigning the logo. Using part of the text or some other symbol/art as the symbolic portion of the logo (the small logo). The design isn't limited to these suggestions, please be creative. You will get a full 2 points for something that jumps out at me as being creative and original.

Creativity/Originality 2 points
    Cohesion 3 points
    Simplicity 5 points
    (10 Total)

If you win scoring at least 9 points, your entries are in two parts main logo / social logo at the sizes specified above I'll double the prize amount to $20. Final proofs/originals should still be the specified sizes above. Thanks in advance and I will do my best to be fair in distribution of points.

1. logoesdesign - The 3d arrows are cool, but the inside arrows and text is all flat. I'm really looking for a cohesive logo that goes together with itself. Right now the shiny text doesn't go with the arrows and the inner arrows are a bit more complex than what I'm looking for for a social logo/favicon. I don't think you'll be able to see those inner arrows inside a browser favicon? (Originality 0.5, Cohesion 1, Simplicity 3; 4.5 Total)

2. People are People - I really like your design. However, I'd like to see it on a white background, can you put the sphere on the same color as our nav menu here: http://recompiled.net/ Also, how does the text connect to the symbol... abstractly I'd like to see some kind of link there... our current logo spins out and points at the text. I'm also pretty sure I've seen this symbol before... on other logos is this your original work? If not you can't use it. (Originality 0.5, Cohesion 2, Simplicity 4; 6.5 Total)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
    dren, Jan 14, 2012 IP
  5. Animman

Animman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Animman, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  6. McCoyH

McCoyH Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    rnsocial.png recnet.png
    I actually followed your instructions..
    320x240 and 160x160
    I'd be happy to continue editing anything you need!

McCoyH, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  7. dren

dren Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Can the 'c' be turned around so it is not backwards? Networks doesn't quite fit in even with the p. I would be very interested in this logo with change above and something to fill the space in between the bottom of the p and the R. Something to fill in the white space and bring the logo together a bit like the enter key symbol connecting onto the p <______/ that would be a good spot for an arrow instead of/in addition to inside the 'c'. It doesn't have to go all the way to the R but it would be cool to see it in the proportions of that which it is on the enter key. Networks could be a bit bigger with some more room down there as well.

Can I get the symbolic portion of your submission as well? I'd be happy with the co or just the c with the arrow in it -- with the arrow going the other direction. It can be something different as well. Obviously the p+enter key symbol is too large for a 16x16 image so I am really looking for a different symbol.

Originality 1 Cohesion 2 Simplicity 5 (Total 8) With the changes above I'd consider scoring you much higher. I really like what you've done here. Thank you.

dren, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  8. dren

dren Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you for following the instructions and submitting both parts of the requested entries.
    I dig the symbolic portion more than the actual logo itself. I feel like the bottom arrow is trailing off of the page in the actual logo. With the actual symbolic portion it feels more balanced and I like that it's circular.

Originality 1 Cohesion 2 Simplicity 5 (Total 8)

I'd like to see the arrows in red. I would score you higher if you could solve the balance issue in the actual logo. I don't know how to solve it or I would make a suggestion. This is pretty close to what I'm looking for and in red I would consider it for 1st place.

dren, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  9. debayanmitra

debayanmitra Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

debayanmitra, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  10. dren

dren Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This is good (the first two). Can you split it up into the two specified sizes at the top. One full logo 320x240 and the other symbolic portion 160x160.

I think the full logo looks fine except I'd like the C to be something darker like #000070. The C can be the symbolic portion and this would be great.

Once this is done I'll give you a score.

I'm pretty happy with this logo so I'm going to wait to score it until both of portions of your entry are in to give others a chance to update/ put their entries in as well. I'd like to make a final decision and announce the winner by the 18th at the latest so it would be great for others to wrap up their final entries and get them in by that time. I may announce the winner tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone who has participated.

dren, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  11. Animman

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Animman, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  12. dren

dren Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm sorry this isn't what I'm looking for, I really liked the previous logo you posted. The strong points of it were the co connection and maybe it's just best to leave this the way it is... the backwards c isn't a big deal and it is original. The main request I had was to connect the enter arrow to the p, but I am not wanting something separate and floating. Could you use the original logo and just add the enter symbol connected to the bottom of the p all as one symbol/character trailing underlining the logo?

If you are able to do this p/enter symbol connection well and provide me the symbolic/co portion of the logo I'd score you a 8.5/9/9.5.

dren, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  13. dren

dren Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm pretty happy with the submissions so far so I will say this... the winner will definitely get $20 and I'm going to throw in a month of free hosting.

The 2nd and 3rd places will be featured on our website/blog with links to this thread as well as the designers page/email.

dren, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  14. logoesdesign

logoesdesign Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

logoesdesign, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  15. Animman

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

Like this ?

[​IMG]

Animman, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  16. ])CoDeN([

])CoDeN([ Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

])CoDeN([, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  17. eastplanet

eastplanet Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My entry...

[​IMG]

eastplanet, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  18. debayanmitra

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

19. debayanmitra

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. dren

dren Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yes, but the arrow the same size as the lower part of the P. Also, once this is done can you split your submission up into the two portions 320x240 and the 160x160 symbolic portion. I really like your original logo and would like to consider a completed entry for 1st place.

dren, Jan 15, 2012 IP