1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IE 7 Sucks

Discussion in 'Bing' started by jawednazarali, Nov 3, 2006.

1. ash1

ash1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i agree, plus it eats too much memory

ash1, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  2. playkid

playkid Peon

Best Answers:
    the only problem with the new version is when i double click on the icon, instead of showing my homepage, it shows CANNOT BE FOUND.. i have to re click on the icon to show my homepage. sometimes i had to re click on my icon 4 times just to get on the internet without getting "CANNOT BE FOUND"

(my internet is dsl, never had this problem before)

playkid, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  3. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you using IFrames at all? I found a small bug with them.
    http://www.jaygeiger.com/index.php/2006/10/26/ie-7-doesnt-like-iframes/

Help Desk, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  4. Silver89

Silver89 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i deffinatly agree about the speed of ie7 compared to firefox, if you click the ff shortcut it takes around 10 seconds to load, but ie7 is almost instant, however i do like the toobars and download part of ff

however they should have kept the ie6 ftp for ie7 cos i cant use it on my site anymroe

Silver89, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  5. jawednazarali

jawednazarali Guest

Best Answers:
    jawednazarali, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  6. smrtime

smrtime Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have also downloaded IE7 and have had a few minor problems, but all seems well now. It is hard to believe a company like microsoft has so many problems with new/upgraded products, especially with the resources they have, you would think they could get it right before they released it.

smrtime, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  7. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    What kinds of problems? The only problems I've found so far are from very poorly coded webpages. I'm working on a cobranding partnership with a major online company. Their code is a nightmare and causing all kinds of rendering problems with IE7. This isn't Microsoft's problem it is the company's problem as they used some really bad programmers. Example of coding errors that I'm finding on their pages include multiple nested HTML and BODY tags, block level tags nested inside of line level tags (e.g. <span><div></div></span> or <a href="bla.html"><div>bla</div></a>), improper nesting of UL, DIV and LI tags (e.g. <ul><div><li></li><li></li></div></ul>), etc.

One can not expect IE7 to improve its adherence to web standards and still be able to render really poorly coded pages correctly. The thing I really like about IE7 is that it will force web developers to clean up their act and start to pay closer attention to W3C HTML & CSS specifications. A lot of really lazy coders are getting the spanking they deserve from IE7.

KLB, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  8. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i preffer mozilla firefox

Jasonb, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  9. jawednazarali

jawednazarali Guest

Best Answers:
    You are right this could be the one of the cause but youcan't completely blame a programmer. I have done so many things and hacks for older versions of IE because they donot follow the standards. Now IE 7 is following standards you have to redo those things for new IE 7 because not all the surfers are switching to IE 7.

Good but this facility is in the Firefox for years. Whats new in it? I have been developing web application using Fireforx or mozilla browsers because if any thing that works in them, will work in IE 99% time and 1% there's always some chance of errors :D

jawednazarali, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  10. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Help Desk, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  11. matt-

matt- Peon

Best Answers:
    IE7 is a vast improvement, and I'm glad that it doesn't render like IE6 - because that's where all the improvements are! They've moved further towards standards compliancy now. The only stuff likely to break is your old IE6 hacks - if it worked in Firefox chances are its not too bad in IE7 now, in my experience.

Firefox has a lot of issues in terms of embedded media, such as videos and flash - not saying IE7 is perfect, but neither are. Personally since IE7 came out i've moved away from Firefox and back to IE. Probably just because I fancied a change more then anything.

matt-, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  12. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    There are bugs with IE7 rendering pages no doubt about it. In fact I found that IE7 still has some issues revolving around the hover pseudo class (see: http://environmentalchemistry.com/IE7HoverGlitch.html), however, if one does not validate their HTML and css to W3C specifications then by definition it is the programmer's problem. Once a page validates to established standards and a page renders correctly in standards compliant browsers like Opera, Firefox and Safari then one can start to blame IE7.

The thing is, 99% of rendering bugs people blame on IE7, Firefox, Opera, etc. are coding errors in the webpage itself and not the fault of the browser.

Again most of this hacking for old browsers is simply plastering broken code on top of broken code. Look at the URL I provided above and then look at the source code and CSS "fix" files for IE5.5, IE6 & IE7. The page in question validates to W3C HTML 4.01 Strict and CSS specifications. It is also making use of a deeply nested DHTML menu yet all browsers are fed the exact same HTML, CSS and JavaScript with the exception of the IE5.css, IE6.css and IE7.css files and even in those files there are precious few browser specific CSS tweaks.

What's new is that the 800lb gorilla Internet Explorer is becoming less tolerant of dirty code. This is very important because developers will no longer say but it works correctly in IE and most users use IE anyways so it doesn't matter.

Microsoft making IE7 more strict about HTML will indirectly force developers to fix issues that are also causing problems for Firefox and Safari users.

KLB, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  13. fablex

fablex Peon

Best Answers:
    well, i prefer IE7 above FF2. It's fast, reliable, and will be used bij most Windows users. Yes, IE6 was the worst browser ever, but IE7 makes up for all of it. Thumbs up to Microsoft for this one.

fablex, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  14. molluzzo

molluzzo Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't had the guts to upgrade to IE7, but I will - oh I will

molluzzo, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  15. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't post or update wordpress in IE7. anyone else having this problem

oseymour, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  16. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    I want to stay far away as possible from IE no matter what version. There is only one site I use for IE only because I have to. Other than that. It's FF all the way. I can't recall FF ever freezing up, locking up at all.

Col :)

Cheap SEO Services, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  17. Dudibob

Dudibob Peon

Best Answers:
    Why don't you get the IE tab extension for Firefox? it's IE 6 and it's my lazy button :) </off topic>

Dudibob, Nov 16, 2006 IP
  18. finestwineracks

finestwineracks Guest

Best Answers:
    Has anyone else found that IE7 all of a sudden became the default for opening links (links in emails for example). I use FF2, love it and when IE7 was upgraded it all of a suddent became the default for this and I couldn't figure out how to fix it aside from uninstalling IE7 and going back to 6.

finestwineracks, Nov 16, 2006 IP
  19. Martyn

Martyn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have not even used IE7 yet. I heard you can do a hell of alot more with it. And its also up on firefoxes level.

Martyn, Nov 16, 2006 IP
  20. digama

digama Peon

Best Answers:
    As I know IE6 is the bist one but the next version of it ie IE7 is having more facilities as well as firefox.

digama, Nov 22, 2006 IP