1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I would like to know about RSS feed

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by agilapriya152, Jan 9, 2012.

I have an RSS feed on my website.. but the link for RSS i got from another website.. Can any one help me out on how to create an RSS for my website.

Regards

agilapriya152, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  2. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
  3. Somali

Somali Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly I don't know too how to put RSS feed to my website. I really want to put RSS also onto it so at least It can also help to drive traffic to my site.

Somali, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  4. tipsy12

tipsy12 Peon

Best Answers:
    It provides the information about regular change in the website to its regular visitors or subscriber.

tipsy12, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  5. topatrank

topatrank Peon

Best Answers:
    RSS feed is just the way to notify Google that these are the changes i have made come and crawl the website to index.

topatrank, Jan 10, 2012 IP
  6. tessori

tessori Peon

Best Answers:
    HI.
    RSS stands for Rich Site Summary. It's an XML-based file format for spreading news, headlines, content, etc. It has many advantages like- it helps in increasing the traffic, avoid email spam, other people can use them as content on their site. For creating it you can use feedforall site and once you have created your feed, upload the XML file to your web server. Whenever you will add a new article to your feed, automatically XML file is updated.

tessori, Jan 10, 2012 IP
  7. Somali

Somali Peon

Best Answers:
    RSS is a technology that is being used by millions of web users around the world to keep track of their favorite websites.
    In the ‘old days’ of the web to keep track of updates on a website you had to ‘bookmark’ websites in your browser and manually return to them on a regular basis to see what had been added.

Somali, Jan 11, 2012 IP
  8. stella_j

stella_j Peon

Best Answers:
    RSS is a technology that is being used by millions of web users around the world to keep track of their favorite websites. RSS feeds benefit publishers by letting them syndicate content automatically. RSS is a format for syndicating news and the content of news-like sites, including major news sites like Wired, news-oriented community sites like Slashdot, and personal weblogs.
    Refer some web design articles it will helpful to you.

stella_j, Jan 11, 2012 IP
  9. topatrank

topatrank Peon

Best Answers:

I do not think that you get the proper result to create the RSS for your website. As we know that through RSS we notify the Google about the last changes and updation in the website so that Google can index them.
    For RSS feed you need title, link, and description, publication date, and guide (Last updated)
    Ist line would be XML deceleration

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

For CMFL you can use
    <cfcontent reset="true">
    For white spaces

Then add the RSS feed information

<title>The title of my RSS 2.0 Feed</title> <link>http://www.example.com/</link> <description>This is my rss 2 feed description</description> <lastBuildDate>Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:37:00 GMT</lastBuildDate> <language>en-us</language>

Then at teh end Close the channel and RSS gate
    </channel> </rss>

topatrank, Jan 11, 2012 IP