1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword Research for my website - SEO

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by access-keys, Jan 1, 2012.

Hello All,
    I am a new member in this forum. I hope you all will help me regarding my problems.

Well, I am doing a keyword research for my website which is http://indivadesigns.com; which is a fashion related website. For keyword research I used Google Keyword tool (I heard a lot about Google Keyword tool which took me there) which, I thought, was pretty easy to use for the first time. I collected a bunch of keywords and checked its local and global searches which was good for a new start. But when I checked its approx CPC, I was quite not very satisfied. I found very low CPC for good global and local number of searches. And when I checked for a good CPC (approx. 4-5 $) I found the number of local searches and global searches very poor.

Now, can anybody tell me how should I get a good keywords for my business. I don't think I can fight in a high competition as well. Please help me.

Thank you.
    Gaurav Manandhar

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
    access-keys, Jan 1, 2012 IP
  2. stella_j

stella_j Peon

Best Answers:
    Analyze your competitors website find what keywords they have used to optimize their website, only keyword tool is not enough to get good keywords.

stella_j, Jan 2, 2012 IP
  3. access-keys

access-keys Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Stella,

Thanks for your reply. Is there anything else I should do besides looking after competitors keyword (if any).

Thank you again ;)

access-keys, Jan 2, 2012 IP
  4. SamGrace

SamGrace Member

Best Answers:
    I think you're missing the point of keyword research here.
    The first, and the most important, is determine the purpose of your keyword research.
    Do you want to use it for Adsense website, buying adwords ads, or getting easy traffic?
    Each purpose will have different approach in reading the keyword research result.

SamGrace, Jan 2, 2012 IP
  5. access-keys

access-keys Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Sam,

Thanks for your reply. Well, I am doing the keyword research for my website. I want visitors to drive into my website with a motive of buying my goods; not for adsense or other things. I wrote earlier that I have a website which sells sarees, salwar kameez and other fashion accessories. I want people to reach my website and buy the products I want to sell online. For this purpose, I should optimize my website (onsite/offsite both) but before optimizing I should know which keywords are to be targeted which can drive traffic and can be converted into sales.
    I hope you understand my motive now. Do you have any suggestion how can I get commercially good keywords?

Any help to a beginner will be very appreciable.

Thank you again.
    :)

6. SamGrace

SamGrace Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to get organic traffic that convert, you shall consider to check the keyword's commercial intention. Google do not provide the tool, but market samurai does. They call it OCI (Online Commercial Intent) - An indicator of the chances that someone searching for a keyword is looking to buy as opposed to browsing for information. The higher the figure, the more likely they are wanting to buy.

SamGrace, Jan 2, 2012 IP
  7. access-keys

access-keys Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you Sam.

Is Market Samurai a software that should be bought and used? Well, I don't have a big business to spend on software and use it. If you have any idea of any free software where I can check it for free then please let me know. If not then I have no options left other than buying.

Anyways, thanks for your help.
    ;)

8. SamGrace

SamGrace Member

Best Answers:
    market samurai have 12 days free trial with all features open. After that, most features will be lock unless you pay for it. But the keyword research tool will not locked, and it's enough for you to do the keyword research.
    good luck.

SamGrace, Jan 2, 2012 IP
  9. access-keys

access-keys Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Sam,

Thanks for your help. I hope it will work for me now. Are there anything else that I should do before starting? I am really happy to get your help from you. Thank you a lot.

10. access-keys

access-keys Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Sam,

I downloaded the Market Samurai and created a project for my business. Now, I am stuck at a point. You said to check OCI but in nowhere I can find that "OCI" thing. Can you please tell me how and where should I go check the OCI.

Thanks

11. indiainternet2012

indiainternet2012 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello
    Gaurav
    first of all you just search your keywords in google prompt and what kind of competitors are come what kind of keywords they are using
    second one don't use google keyword tool........and search your keywords on google with " " & without " " and now use higher " " keywords on the site/...
    thnx

indiainternet2012, Jan 2, 2012 IP
  12. access-keys

access-keys Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Indiainternet,
    Thank you for your suggestion. I really appreciate it but can you make it a bit more clear please? How can with " " and without " " help me in my keyword research. And how am I going to know or guess a bunch of keywords without using Google Keyword tool? I am now pretty confused. May be its because I am new in this keyword searching thing. Please help and clear my confusions.

Thank you ;)

13. indiainternet2012

indiainternet2012 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello
    Gaurav
    i m really glad to see your question...the answer is just type your keyword with in " " e.g "website design india" and then see number of result now search the same keyword without " " and see the number of result...but give more considering on "website design india" result it shows you keyword density in all over the world using by your compititors
    .thnx

indiainternet2012, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  14. jeffdo

jeffdo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you can start with your profitable keywords, trying to find some related keywords by using Google Keyword Tool. Then find which one is lower profit but acceptable and low competitive then SEO on that keywords.

jeffdo, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  15. access-keys

access-keys Member

Best Answers:
    Oh Thank you India,
    The keywords with " " are just like the exact search and the one without " " are the broad search. But is it necessary to check in google with that method; we can simply use Google Keyword tool which gives almost the results. I don't know if my concept is wrong regarding it. :eek:

access-keys, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  16. access-keys

access-keys Member

Best Answers:
    Thank You Jeff,

I searched using Google Keyword Tool. It gave the result as you mentioned but where I was confused is The keywords generated had higher search volumes with lower CPC and other one higher CPC with extremely low CPC. So, I can't get any idea for selecting any profitable keywords from the bunch I generated. How should I know which one drives visitor to my website with an intention of buying. :(

access-keys, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  17. jimmyperkins35

jimmyperkins35 Peon

Best Answers:
    Gaurav, there is a reason why it is called research. You collect data, get a a variety of keywords, you make lists and then recompile them. This is called research cause, you have to spend time in order to find some good keywords. you must have an open mind and take inspiration from any where you can (competitor's site, google suggestions, and your personally liked keywords)

jimmyperkins35, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  18. access-keys

access-keys Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Jimmy,

That is really very helpful for me now. I understood it now. Thanks for your information. :D

access-keys, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  19. indiainternet2012

indiainternet2012 Peon

Best Answers:
    Look Gaurav ...please don't be confused...i m sharing with you my 3 years of experience in SEO...please rarely use Google Keyword tool because with this tool you can't find out more excellent keywords...if you really want to promote your site just use google..make sure no any tool is greater then the google...always search keywords genuine in google with " " and " " keywords...

indiainternet2012, Jan 5, 2012 IP
  20. access-keys

access-keys Member

Best Answers:
    Ok Indiainternet, I searched a keyword using buy saree and salwar kameez with " " and without " ". One gave 3 search results where as other gave 17,900,000 results. Now, the main question is how can I say it is worth to be my target keyword or it is useless? I want other good keywords too with good commercial value. How can I find a better keyword with high search volumes and commercial value?

access-keys, Jan 5, 2012 IP