1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Science vs. Islam (funny video)

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by wwws, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Allah does not approve of this thing called "escalator", this must be the work of the devil.

First time to shop in a modern building with escalators, Uzbekistan people find themselves struggling to go up closer to heaven.

In the first sequence, a brightly dressed mother approaches the escalator with her son, who is young enough to be only half her height.
    She stands, apparently sizing up the moving stairs before gingerly stepping on - and almost immediately tumbles head over heels backwards.

In the second sequence, three young women courageously step straight on to the escalator. But they immediately get into trouble.

All seems to be going well for the first second until he tries to grab the handrail for support, then apparently changes his mind and tries to walk backwards.
    He hasn't noticed that a second man has embarked on the escalator behind him - and apparently had similar doubts.
    The two men struggle with the moving stairs, close to disaster, until they are finally rescued - again - by the emergency stop.

[video=youtube;HgitTigJnSA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgitTigJnSA&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

wwws, Dec 19, 2011 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  2. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    What this funny video has to do anything with the Islam or any religion at all?

The Webby, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  3. sunfyre7896

sunfyre7896 Peon

Best Answers:
    It doesn't really have anything to do with Muslims other than they were the ones being filmed, but it's crazy to think that people can't figure out to just step on the step and just wait until you get to the top. They kept trying to grab the glass sides.

sunfyre7896, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  4. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    OR that they are the only one shown in this video..

Anyway, I don't think linking this video to any religion is appropriate. Anyone who hasn't used a escalator in their life will have difficulties in using it for the first time, specially the old or fat or very young people.

The Webby, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  5. warloky

warloky Peon

Best Answers:
    I could be the tower of Babel that they meant to reach heaven...

warloky, Dec 20, 2011 IP
  6. wmghori

wmghori Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How this relates to Islam? Thousands of people fall from escalators around the world daily. search youtube for videos.

wmghori, Dec 20, 2011 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  7. sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in

sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is not related to Islam.

Islam always support science...read Qur'an translation clearly...

sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in, Dec 23, 2011 IP
  8. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think it says a lot about the intelligence of the people from this area of the world. They seem incapable of looking at something, understanding the concept and then utilising it. I have seen dogs using escalators with a greater degree of competence.

stOx, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  9. Install

Install Member

Best Answers:
    Islam leads to the slavery

Install, Dec 30, 2011 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  10. sunfyre7896

sunfyre7896 Peon

Best Answers:
    I can see if this was some new technology nobody had used before. I can even see not knowing how to use a technology when you come from a society with very little by way of newer technology. However, there's a thing called observational learning, most animals, at least mammals and primates do this. It means watching some other of your species and copying that behavior if it leads to success. There were other people there that went up the escalator just fine. Either these people were incapable of understanding what the other people were doing on the escalator or just oblivious to what else was going on around them.

I don't see how they can watch other people get on and not just simply copy what they did. I guess this is like the story of the natives that first saw the ships of the Spanish when they traveled to South America. Supposedly the natives couldn't even see the ships because the technology was so far advanced and they had none even close, that the ships were just unrecognizable. Hard for me to believe, but then again so is not being able to ride an escalator it seems.

sunfyre7896, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  11. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    I feel that it is not right to ridicule any religion.

wisdomtool, Jan 2, 2012 IP
  12. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    So you can delete this thread, cant you.

laxman363, Jan 2, 2012 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.