1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does a backlink need to index?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by etbasson, Dec 26, 2011.

I've been building some backlinks to my site for a while now. I've tried some free backlink checking websites and have found no backlinks to my site. Does the artciles I've written on various forums, blogs, etc. first need to get indexed by the various search engines before the backlinks become active? What is the process to follow and what are the estimated timelines?

etbasson, Dec 26, 2011 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Essentially, the answer is yes. A few more posts and you can make a link here that will get indexed crazy fast. That said, having it on a server with a bunch of websites will get it in the index as well, but will take a while longer.

Gotta watch where you stick your links as well. I don't know what "a while" means but you should be able to get your site indexed in like less than hour as a general rule. It may take a bit longer these days but blog post related links or anything news related will work a bit better, or faster if you will.

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Dec 26, 2011 IP
  3. Markwebuk

Markwebuk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, the content and the link you post on the other websites should be indexed by the Google bot so that the link pointing to your website can be considered as an backlink for your website which will help you in SEO. Time required to crawl your content & link varies from site to site which depends on popularity & traffic to the website.
    You should always try to get backlink from relevant websites to your niche it will help you in SEO and targeted traffic.

Markwebuk, Dec 26, 2011 IP
  4. filegrasper

filegrasper Active Member

Best Answers:
    all thing you have to do now is waiting for google to index all the pages :)

filegrasper, Dec 26, 2011 IP
  5. etbasson

etbasson Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback. Do you guys have any suggestions for a free online backlink checker? I’ve tried a couple with some old sites that I built and found the backlink listings... but the results from the different sources varied to such an extent that I don’t have much confidence in the results. If FREE is not the way to go then a good suggestion for a PAID service would also be appreciated.

etbasson, Dec 26, 2011 IP
  6. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nigel Lew, Dec 26, 2011 IP
  7. SEOPunk

SEOPunk Guest

Best Answers:
    HI.
    The content must be indexed by Google first, only then the link pointed on your website will be considered as backlink of your website. There is no estimated time-lines for this all it depends on traffic on your site,.

SEOPunk, Dec 26, 2011 IP
  8. seowebtriangle

seowebtriangle Member

Best Answers:
    No, Back link is important for index but back link are the most important for good ranking in search engine. If you want to quick index your web page in search engine then please Set your webpage in Webmaster or google analytic section with Xml site map. And then submit you site on 2.0 web pages.

cheers

seowebtriangle, Dec 26, 2011 IP
  9. Rysk100

Rysk100 Peon

Best Answers:
    Majestic is the best software for checking backlinks

Rysk100, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  10. Rauny

Rauny Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, the article you post and the link you give in the content should be indexed by the Google bot after that it is considered as active backlink.

Rauny, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  11. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I usually used backlinkwatch.com, and I find it informative because it displays your backlinks and you can use this free tool to analyze your competitor's backlinks as your reference in setting up your new strategies to outrank them.

KylieSweet, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  12. Matt_Baker

Matt_Baker Peon

Best Answers:
    For articles, YES it needs to be pinged so that it will be indexed by Google. And for blog comments, forums and directories.. they don't need to pinged because Google will just crawl it and index it.

Matt_Baker, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  13. Anuragbagadi

Anuragbagadi Member

Best Answers:
    No dear, But dear back link is so important for best ranking in major search engine like google, yahoo or msn

Anuragbagadi, Dec 29, 2011 IP
  14. Wonderbaum

Wonderbaum Member

Best Answers:
    If you create your own backlinks, you can take them through some automated social bookmarking tools to make sure they're indexed quickly. If the content is poor they moght not stay indexed though.

Wonderbaum, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  15. neelkj

neelkj Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Obvious Yes .. well nice discussion..

neelkj, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  16. TruthW87

TruthW87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you definitely need them to be indexed. Some can be found in just a few minutes, others can take months to be found. Just be patient with them. :)

TruthW87, Mar 29, 2012 IP
  17. addlinkweb

addlinkweb Peon

Best Answers:
    yes definitely, your backlinks have to be crawled before adding to the list. It depends upon the speed crawler to index websites over the web and add the links to its list

addlinkweb, Mar 29, 2012 IP
  18. amdadhbd

amdadhbd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes Backlink need to be indexed.

amdadhbd, Mar 29, 2012 IP
  19. reet05

reet05 Peon

Best Answers:
    You are right..

reet05, Apr 4, 2012 IP
  20. armando

armando Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    backlinkwatch.com or opensiteexplorer would work fine for backlink checker...
    but better would work google webmaster tools . just add your site on webmaster tools verify it and in few days you can see stats about your backlinks :)

armando, Apr 4, 2012 IP