1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Nigel Lew Issue

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Matyy_22, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neal41835

neal41835 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nigel Lew is a HORRIBLE scammer.

I'd like to admit I was a bit naive to pay this guy all the money upfront (he completed about a 1/3rd of the work really fast, then proceeded to dilly dally once rest of money was paid), but he was desperate and seemed like an honest guy. That much is my fault.

He told me the work would be done within a week. This was back in late September:

Invoice:

Richard Castaldo <-- Claims he is his partner, I wouldn't use him either.
    5387 County Road 154 # 97
    Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
    United States
    Phone: 970-309-2326

Terms and conditions
    This is an invoice for a deposit on developing toymuch.com with magento. To be completed no later than Thurs. Oct. 6th 2011. as per specifications provided by the client. The total development cost being 400 dollars.

He will tell you everyday, oh it will be done tomorrow. Even then promise to refund you if it isn't. Low and behold not done. I hope this will light a fire under him to actually finish his work. Now he is claiming the work is already done, which is funny because I can see the biggest part of the project still is not done (the shipping module I needed). Of course he claims just wait till tomorrow and I will upload it I haven't uploaded it (he has used this excuse in the past too).

AVOID THIS GUY. I promise you, you will be extremely disappointed. If you do use him, don't pay him a PENNY until he has completed the work. I want to believe he has the ability to complete work, but the guy just does not care once he has the money.

If you guys have any questions for me, feel free to ask and I'll gladly let you know about him. Absolutely one of the worst people I've met on this site. He really should be banned, this is absolutely absurd.

neal41835, Dec 23, 2011 IP
  2. neal41835

neal41835 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So Nigel and I talked it over. There was some miscommunication between us and it seems to all be resolved.

It worked out, I am happy to announce. I have no problems here anymore.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
    neal41835, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  3. runelgna

runelgna Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    he has been saying that there were some miscommunication between us for 2 years :) Dp should ban him!!

runelgna, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    By resolved he means, was done for months and he is sorry for going full retard, on xmas and apologized for an hour. Happy to post chat logs because I have frankly had it with this place but i am not at issue with Neal. It got sorted. The rest of you folks can blow it out your ass.

Nigel

@runelga, I am about 500 jobs, at least, discolated from what was going on 2 years ago. If you have an issue with me ping me on skype or IM. I have no earthly idea what you are talking about.

I have also gotten 3 infractions for bumping this thread lol...Really? on what parallel universe does the mod live on that gave me those? One, I didn't make said post so I cant bump it, and two... really? Why on earth would I wittingly bump this thread. I have real world work to do. I, more often than not, do not have the 8 minutes required to remove this from public consumption.

Nigel

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
    Nigel Lew, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  5. seowarrior

seowarrior Active Member

Best Answers:
    Damn, I think I just got ripped off by the same guy...let's see if he refunds my deposit as requested.......

seowarrior, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  6. seowarrior

seowarrior Active Member

Best Answers:
    He keeps stringing me along about the refund.......giving him another 1/2 hour then I'll talk to my contacts at Paypal and see if I can get him shut down. He's already on thin ice with Paypal......

seowarrior, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  7. hippo_dance

hippo_dance Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all, look at my previous post on traveling site I needed.

Someone from this forum (nick: Nigel Lew http://forums.digitalpoint.com/member.php?u=87273 ) mentioned he could help me.

and my budget was just $100. He did mentioned very low but in the end he still said he will proceed to design for me.

All details given to him to do the site.

He requested 50% down payment which I did .... $50 sent to him since Monday.

Day after day, he promised to show me the site but always failed to do so.

He even requested me to register www.vocation-singapore.com and said he will host for me after I entered the DNS info.
    I did as mentioned but till today he kept pushing and pushing without showing me what he has done.

Even if I know it was not easy, but at least dont ignore my msg or lie to me... if he really done the site, he will able to show to me what has been done isnt it? Why must lie and say he is outside right now etc, asking someone to do to faster the process, saying tomorrow will tbe the latest to show me etc but ended up? never happen....

If you guys in my shoe, how would you feel when your site should have more or less done but someone like him lie to you and making you unable to choose other designer...

Now I told him to refund but at the same time I told him, $50 is just a small sum... he wasted my time waiting and waiting.. that's so piss off man.

Admin: Sorry if I post wrong place but I want everyone to beware of him. You may go ahead to deal with him but dont blame me for not voicing outwhat sort of person you are dealing with.

Btw, he msg me just now saying he will post the site he had done here to prove he did the work but if he does, why didnt he show me but show here for everyone to see? Does it make sense to you? LOL.

Oh well... now I wasted a lot of my time and now must find someone that I could trust to do the work.

hippo_dance, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  8. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Job is done dimwit and furthermore I additionally proffered a refund. I agreed to do a very complex EAN API site for him because I have done it before. And I agreed to do it for 100 dollars which is completely insane but after talking with him for a few minutes I frankly felt sorry for him.

So, no site for you. NO free hosting and no API.
    I will posting the finished project as a proof of concept so 100's of people can knock up the same thing FYI. I dont imagine much makes sense to you but no worries.

Nigel Lew: are you going to tell me the name the payment came from so I can refund this or not
    Nigel Lew: are you going to tell me the name the payment came from so I can refund this or not

And its vacation no vocation.

N.

Nigel Lew, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  9. hippo_dance

Best Answers:
    LOL.... you people could choose him to design for you. but just beware what i said above is truth.

Enough is enough.

Look at his feedback.... people said he a scam. :)

anyway, this is just part of the msg.

bone_dale2003: dude you are going to want to stop threatening me
    izones2004: ylou always break your promise
    izones2004: how to know what is going on
    izones2004: u dont even response
    bone_dale2003: I cant talk to 5 people at once, dont threaten me again or cash is coming back
    izones2004: do u understand how i feel right now
    izones2004: wait a min
    izones2004: I dont even know u talking to people
    izones2004: cant u response to me
    izones2004: and say to me
    izones2004: why must wait till I wait and wait
    izones2004: IS THAT FAIR
    bone_dale2003: my pants are not even on yet, back shortly
    bone_dale2003: I spoke to you recently. I am in a few meetings I will write a note with an update as soon as humanly possible. Me having to do something does not mean shit is not getting done
    izones2004: ok ok enough... refund me back now... give u 1 hr time to do so... or else i log case in forum. I will not response from now on
    bone_dale2003: I just asked you not to threaten me so you are welcome to a refund and i will sell your site on DP
    bone_dale2003: in fact screw that, I will give it away to anyone who wants to download it
    bone_dale2003: calling paypal now
    izones2004: u a liar that is all i know
    izones2004: anyway i will show everyone and ask them to beware u
    bone_dale2003: your site is basically done from what the programmer just told me. You can download it for free on DP
    izones2004: u dont even show me
    izones2004: how to know done or not
    bone_dale2003: he is working on it on his local server, I have not uploaded it yet
    izones2004: http://www.vocation-singapore.com/
    izones2004: u promise to setup my hosting
    izones2004: what is this
    izones2004: go nd see
    bone_dale2003: you need to give me a working paypal address or its going to take forever
    izones2004: nevermind
    izones2004: i show every single log we chat here
    bone_dale2003: I am not hosting your site for free
    izones2004: i ask people in forum to see who right who wrong
    izones2004: enough of all fucking promise
    bone_dale2003: I have no investment in how you choose to conduct yourself
    bone_dale2003: what name did the payment come from
    bone_dale2003: not to my knowledge but I can do it from the shell if need be
    bone_dale2003: oops sorry wrong window
    bone_dale2003: ?
    bone_dale2003: you want your cash or not
    izones2004: I am logging case in forum
    izones2004: even if you dont refund me, I am fine
    bone_dale2003: if you want your cash you should really think about what you are doing here
    izones2004: I just want people to beware of u
    izones2004: $$$ is small issue
    izones2004: waiting and wasting my time is big issue
    bone_dale2003: I am doing to paste your website for free in the thread, feel free
    izones2004: enoguh saying
    izones2004: bye
    izones2004: paste all you wish
    izones2004: in the first place u never show to me
    izones2004: that is enough
    izones2004: GOD KNOW
    izones2004: U A LIAR
    izones2004: i will ask all to check your remarks
    bone_dale2003: I just told you that you are welcome to a refund
    izones2004: see those people say u a scam
    izones2004: u dont fucking get it
    bone_dale2003: fair enough, you do what you have to do . I will do the same, you will cost me 10 minutes of work
    izones2004: ok nevermind
    izones2004: bye
    izones2004: check the lovely forum
    bone_dale2003: will do thanks
    bone_dale2003: are you going to tell me the name the payment came from so I can refund this or not
    bone_dale2003: are you going to tell me the name the payment came from so I can refund this or not

10. Cucumba123

Cucumba123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This doesn't make much sense but it doesn't look bright for you, Nigel Lew, you have several negative itraders.
    Saying that and the buyer wouldn't open this thread if you had delivered the work as requested, I would side with hippo_dance.

Cucumba123, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  11. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nigel Lew is on my ignore list. He has been for a long time.

Blue Star Ent., Apr 5, 2012 IP
  12. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The job had no deadline and was about 30 minutes from done. You can feel free to provide him with the site, for 100 dollars. And I dont know Blue Star but thanks for chiming in.

Nigel

13. I Believe In Karma

I Believe In Karma Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well its rather obvious from his itrader that its not really someone that you would want to deal with.

I Believe In Karma, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  14. Deez 國王

Deez 國王 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually seems like Hippo Dance is at fault here.... he seems to have expected Nigel to be available to him 24/7 and answer all his messages like immediately.....i have customers like this also and I make it clear to them that i have a life and I do not sit at my PC 24/7. If they expect a 24 hours service then they should take their business elsewhere... From the above comments it seems nigel asked him several time for his Paypal details but this dude kept going on about blah blah blah blah.. seems he was just a pain in the @ss customer IMHO

Deez 國王, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  15. hippo_dance

Best Answers:
    LOL.
    no deadline hmm... do you guys want to see his promise to me that tomorrow (he PM me yesterday to show me today) the latest to show me the site?
    always failed to do so.
    He took my money and lie about helping me.

I did even ask him, if $100 too little, do let me know as I will find ways to give more. but he dont wish to have it so what else should I do?
    anyway, if he already know my budget is just $100, why would he want to help me if it was too little??

Can some Admin people here ban this guy as I had enough of his nonsense.

16. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Cant please everyone I gather but I concur. I tried to give him something I billed out at 700 dollars about 5 years ago. I felt sorry for the kid because he had no earthly idea what was involved. So, not only did I have to do the work..... I had provide the business model, domain name for him and free hosting. It was not sufficient. It was not possible to hold this kids hand anymore than I did.

He has been pinging me every 10 minutes since I agreed to do it a few days ago. He thought I would be done in an hour.

At the end of the day its a non issue really but I get tired of having to spend time dealing with folks that think mouthing off about me on Digital Point somehow effects my work load.

Edit: And I was going to show it to you today until you went full retard. Now you get nothing.

17. hippo_dance

Best Answers:
    yes my fault.
    anyway, I shouldnt have trust these guy to do the work for me.
    Look at my past remarks.... I always work well with people till this project.
    Anyway, you people could accept him and I take all the blame but if anything like scam by him etc, dont blame me for not telling the truth.

18. hippo_dance

Best Answers:
    Anyway, I could prove that I sent my payment to him and he accepted it.
    And look at his response to me, 'So, no site for you. NO free hosting and no API.'
    If you accepted money from your client, would you say such thing to them?
    Anyway, I did mention to him that I understand it is not easy but at least tell me when could finish the site.
    But he kept pushing and pushing and never even show me a little prove that he has done the job.

Let me ask you guys, if you pay someone to do the job, would you not wish him/her to show you what has been done so far?
    For me, yes i wish but he promised to show me till today I didnt see any.
    Look at the domain for eg, I dont DNS update before and creation of hosting plan... it wasnt so hard...
    Alright, GOD know if he done or not.

At least I did pay and this is the guy I am dealing with.

So disappointed.

And to answer Deez 國王, I didnt response to him after that as I am typing here.
    I dont know if you work with him or you are him or whatsoever you are related to him.
    At least make this thing honest, dont talk and talk... talking is cheap.
    Lets show some action.

Chinese always like to say this.... you dont talk so much, action talk louder than words.
    btw, I so upset since I registered the domain and wasnt able to use it.
    I registered it since Monday... and see what is the domain becoming...
    go check the whois on this domain... it prove what I said...

19. seowarrior

seowarrior Active Member

Best Answers:
    Finally got my refund from this guy today. Will always check iTrader status and do more research in the future so as to avoid making this mistake again.

seowarrior, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  20. viceroid

viceroid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm editing this until tomorrow, if he doesnt pay (as he told me) I will do my best to sink his reputation for life, you will know becouse I will be editing this thread or posting here, making new threads and even promoting a new site called nigellewscams.com

V

Last edited: May 7, 2012
    viceroid, May 7, 2012 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.