1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Here are some Basic Copywriting Tips that will help you sell more Copy!

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by contentboss, Oct 12, 2011.

1. ursfehr

ursfehr Member

Best Answers:
    ursfehr, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  2. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    care to summarise it for us?

contentboss, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  3. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I saw that video a few days ago. It moved me and humbled me as a writer. It's the best advertisement that I've ever seen for a copywriter.

CB, better to watch it yourself as any synopsis will diminish its power. It's only 230 seconds long - surely you have a couple of minutes to spare out of your day?

YMC, Dec 23, 2011 IP
  4. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    Didn't realise it was a shorty, thought he was trying to point us towards an ad for his website or something.

AWESOME 4 minute vid.

If you are into copywriting, WATCH IT NOW.

SERIOUSLY.

contentboss, Dec 24, 2011 IP
  5. SeniorWarden6407

SeniorWarden6407 Peon

Best Answers:
    I watched the video, but as I'm at work I don't have sound, however, the message got across to me in the final 'frame' - thanks to 'the power of words' - it was awesome! Many thanks for sharing it

SeniorWarden6407, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  6. danej

danej Peon

Best Answers:
    Brilliant! Great Post!

danej, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  7. Hugo123007

Hugo123007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Copywriting is the use of words and ideas to promote a persons,business,opinion,ideas.and copywriters have responsibility for the advertisement's verbal or textual content also.

Hugo123007, Jan 13, 2012 IP
  8. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Another tip that is often overlooked is to use humor with your opening.This should not be underestimated,put the reader in a good mood with a bit of a laugh.This will release endorphines,thereby lowering the readers wall a bit and make him/her more receptive to your ideas in your piece.

Spoiltdiva, Jan 14, 2012 IP
  9. coeline

coeline Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    When is longer copy more advisable than a shorter one? I've read tons of long sales copies and I've also seen short ones. However, most of these longer ones made me buy because of the meatier content compared to those shorter ones. But then again, which is which? How should one determine which to use? Any ideas?

coeline, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  10. Sam Gilmore

Sam Gilmore Peon

Best Answers:
    One more suggestion from me)) most pages on the Internet share some similarities to other pages. Usually this happens within a site. The navigational links, page layout, head content and footer content are often the same throughout a web site. So if Google or the other search engines, then many pages would be considered duplicate. However, there can be problems with sites where they list products with little descriptive text or only images. Often the search engines have difficulty in determining that these pages are unique. It is recommended that for product or gallery pages to add descriptions within the body content, make sure the page titles are unique, and use unique alt tags whenever possible.

Sam Gilmore, Mar 26, 2012 IP