1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The secret to my success

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by slava, Oct 22, 2006.

1. slava

slava Peon

Best Answers:
    You lead me to believe that your avatar is your portrait, clearly you have not been reading my replies carefully enough as you have overlooked the fact that ethics is in the eyes of the beholder, and in my eyes I am well within ethical boundaries in my actions because my actions do not harm anyone, all parties associated are left happier then before.

I'm happy because I make profit, the advertiser is happy because they get customers, and even Yahoo is happy because their comission grows. Everyone is happy, and in my book thats ethical.

slava, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  2. psyberweb

psyberweb Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the only people that are going to be hurt are those noobs who knows nothing about "its too good to be true" stuff and those wanted to get rich fast. But in the long run, its a "stepping stone" to new ideas and to realize that making money is not that easy. Im sure your would be readers can benefit even a little bit from your book.

I can frankly & confidently say that im the first of those who bought "Google Cash" that earns money by doing ebay stuff and directing customers through ppc. That's how it opened my world to SEO. :rolleyes:

psyberweb, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  3. slava

slava Peon

Best Answers:
    This is not a get rich quick scheme in anyway, it took me months before I had enough sites made and had enough traffic coming to those sites and was making enough money to consider this a successful venture.

Nonetheless it has been a successful venture and I want to help others out there who havent found their pot of gold yet.

slava, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  4. psyberweb

psyberweb Peon

Best Answers:

yeah, but since then. i have this idea at the back of my mind that everytime people try to sell good info it happens that the niche or marketing strategy has already been exploited. but good luck, inform me if you happen to write it. :)

5. slava

slava Peon

Best Answers:
    I am in no way or under any circumstances willing to release the niches I work with, I am however giving out the general strategy which I believe I have explained pretty well in this thread. I don't feel as those the strategy can in anyway harm my income unless by mere chance someone reading this thread happens to attempt the strategy with a kayword I am targeting.

slava, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  6. psyberweb

psyberweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah i read about the thread well. well good luck on your endeavour. i hope you can make somebody buy. pm if you need help marketing that. :)

7. slava

slava Peon

Best Answers:
    I havent actually written an ebook, however if I do I'll make sure to contact you to help me market it.

slava, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  8. karagold

karagold Peon

Best Answers:
    slava, you have should have written and sold an ebook. with all the grief you are getting you should have at least made some money for it. funny how people come from all over to share their ethical opinions regarding this.

a full discussion about Internet Ethics. a complete contradiction in any terms you can think of. absolutely absurd. you like his idea (sorry, not an original idea), use it. you dont like it? dont use it. you think its absolutely totally and completely unethical? call YSM or Google and report it. but please, whatever you do, dont try to alter someones view on ethics. if they are being unethical, then they are unethical and arent going to change because you call them on it.

next you are going to tell me that buying and using the domain name, panasonic-televisions.com is unethical because it infringes panasonics trademark name and that we are stealing business away from them by using their name. its the internet. there are no defined ethics here. that is the whole point of this "world wide web".

jmo

karagold, Nov 7, 2006 IP
    slava likes this.
  9. slava

slava Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly the point I was trying to make.

slava, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  10. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, this has now resorted to personal insults. :rolleyes: No problem. Good luck with your questionable marketing tactics. IMHO, you are doing a gross disservice to the overall system for personal gain. You will obviously argue against that, so be it. I just felt I needed to air my viewpoint on this.

Vito

vito, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  11. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    Yes, they raise their bids: they do so based on the assumption that the competing bids are legit, that's what you refuse to acknowledge.

This is not a debate about economics, this is about business ethics.

Repercussions? U think there are none? Well, if an advertiser is willing to bid $10 for a keyphrases, and your shill bids create an environment where the advertisers ends up paying his maximum, that means that advertiser has less to spend on his/her other ad campaigns. That translates to less opportunity for honest publishers to make an honest dollar.

Get it?

www.AmCy.org, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  12. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    considering the growing awareness of click fraud, the profileration of of websites made for contextual advertising vs the number of advertisers joining, I'd expect the exact opposite... that's just me, though.

disgust, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  13. ColinR

ColinR Guest

Best Answers:
    I don;t think we'll hear "beep.. you've reached the end of the internet" anytime soon. This has been an informative thread from all perspectives.

ColinR, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  14. carticasi

carticasi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    a few advertisers, and very, very, very few webmasters= very, very, very, very few pages on Internet and probably very, very, very, very, very few people searching for informations about the subject. The result will be very, very, very, very, very, very few interesting.
    This thread seems to be a hoax more than a strategy.:rolleyes:

carticasi, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  15. slava

slava Peon

Best Answers:
    Like I said earlier I work with misspelled keywords, if they can pay $4 for a keyword they can pay $1-2 for the misspelling if the traffic is looking for the same thing. In reality they are getting the traffic that they are looking to buy at a lower cost then what they bid for the correctly spelled keyword. I never raise bids higher then the correctly spelled keyword.

slava, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  16. slava

slava Peon

Best Answers:
    Not at all, take ipod for example. This is just an example I don't really work with any ipod related keywords. Anyways there are plenty of advertisers and a lot of sites, google search on ipod returns 433,000,000 results. Now look at ipodd, a careless person might type that in twice, so some company decides to target it, typing in ipodd on google you see only 21,100 results, yet still quit a bit of advertisers. Now some of those are generic default advertisers but there are a few geniune advertisers. Now lets say I make a site about ipodd. I title the site ipodd, I put ipodd in teh heading, have a brief article talking about ipodds, and insert google adsense on the page. I wait a day for the googlebot to crawl the page then I get the ads that are ipodd related, assuming that they didn't opt out of the content network.

If they did opt out, look for another term.

slava, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  17. pyro11

pyro11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i am wondering if there is any ypn ebook or something of that matter out yet like this, I am searching for one but havent found one yet... let me know and if I find one I guess I will tell all you as well

pyro11, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  18. max pain

max pain Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well thought out slava - fake digging into your pockets and making the advertisers dig into theirs - cool :)

max pain, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  19. bobby9101

bobby9101 Peon

Best Answers:
    when adsense crashes in a couple of years because of click fraud (and "influencing the market")... we will all look at you

bobby9101, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  20. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Uhhh this thread is going nowhere...

IamNed, Nov 8, 2006 IP