1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The secret to my success

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by slava, Oct 22, 2006.

1. slava

slava Peon

Best Answers:
    As I have stated I would not give out any specific niche markets I use.

I mostly work with misspeleld keywords. This is all the information I will give out as far as the sites I use.

slava, Nov 1, 2006 IP
    houstonian likes this.
  2. SEOdir.net

SEOdir.net Banned

Best Answers:
    oh ok, but what measn "niche" ?

SEOdir.net, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  3. slava

slava Peon

Best Answers:
    A niche is a distinct segment of a market.

slava, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  4. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    slava

I am giving you a green for several reasons. And I DO NOT Give rep to anyone!!!

1. Your thinking outside the box on how to increase your RPC is outstanding.

2. You did not make the other advertisers bid up.....they took that amongst themselves to do so as they control their bids.

3. Making money involves a strategy you have one and it is a good one...don't let jealous bitter people here at DP bring you down...they are energy suckers for the most part.

4. The other advertisers are apparently not very bright if they do not see a pattern to what is occuring.

Sem-Advance, Nov 2, 2006 IP
    slava likes this.
  5. mobilebay

mobilebay Active Member

Best Answers:
    wish id thought of that lol, very innovative

mobilebay, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  6. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Niche means unique ...rare.....for example heli-skiing websites may be a niche market or selling spectragraphic analyzers

SEO used to be a niche

Now it's not....everyone thinks they are one :rolleyes:

Sem-Advance, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  7. slava

slava Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for support and I agree 100%, I am not violating TOS or any laws, if people don't agree with this ethically then they are free not to try it themselves.

slava, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  8. Not_My_Style

Not_My_Style Peon

Best Answers:
    Time to think up some common misspelled keywords. :D

Not_My_Style, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  9. slava

slava Peon

Best Answers:
    Good place to start, think of a lot of popular products that are spelled differently then pronounced, try spelling them like they are pronounced and look for bids on the keywords.

slava, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  10. slava

slava Peon

Best Answers:
    I just want to clarify that the ebook was just an idea, I never actually wrote one, I got about five requests to buy the ebook, it really doesent exist. If you would like some more info I will be glad to share as long as it doesent pertain to specific niches that I use. Post here or PM me.

slava, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  11. wireddeals

wireddeals Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you even find which keyword the advertisers use to post context ads on you web site?

wireddeals, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  12. slava

slava Peon

Best Answers:
    I find good keywords that are used by advertisers for search and create a site based on that keyword and insert YPN ad. If the ad appears then I know its working for context as well as search, if it doesent then I move on and look for another keyword.

slava, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  13. wireddeals

wireddeals Peon

Best Answers:
    So you somehow generate a site based on the keyword and check for the ad to appear, then you do it over again and again untill you hit the right one?... That could take a long time. Well unless you at least have some idea on what kind of keywords are used...

What about site targeted advertising. Have you had experience with it? From what I know it doesn't need to have keywords. Will your bid-escalation scheme work on it? Just curious...

wireddeals, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  14. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:
    There are clearly lots of ways to make money on the net. Some are honest and ethical, others are not. The methods used by slava, IMO, are utterly shameful and highly unethical.
    Really? You're not costing legitimate advertisers more money due to your shill activity?

What an absolute disgrace. I can't believe that you are actually posting this information in a public forum and trying to justify it. You are intentionally and openly posting admission of your unethical practices to the world. :rolleyes: Wow.

Well, enjoy your increased profits. I hope you can sleep at night. On the other side of the coin, other people run their businesses ethically and try to earn an honest buck. The fact that you feel so proud that you have artificially inflated your own market speaks volumes about your character.

What a joke. The Internet will let anyone in these days... :(

Vito

vito, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  15. slava

slava Peon

Best Answers:
    Common misspellings of high paying keywords is what I use, the misspellings have low bids because there is little competition, yet I can generate real traffic to those pages using alternate advertising.
    I have not attempted site targeted advertising
    The advertisers raise bids on their own without any pressure by me to do so, they do it on their own free will simply because they are willing to pay for it. If they can pay $3 for a click on ipod, they can pay $1 for a click on iipod (I just made this up not actual keyword that I invested in). I am not causing damage to anybody by doing this, and if the extra dollar was the difference between profit and loss then the advertiser would not have raised their bid. The internet is not operated by a command economy, it is a free market economy, and this means that I am free to influence the market in any way that I please as long as I do not violate law or the terms of the company that I do business with, my actions are in compliance with both the laws that govern me and the TOS that I had agreed too.
    I do not hide my actions, I share these action in a public forum so that if others were interested they could follow a similar path. If you are not interested you can follow a different path. Ethics are not for you to decide upon, I set my ethical standard for myself and nobody else can do so for me, that applies to you and everyone else as well, only you can set what you think is ethical for yourself.
    I can sleep at night and don't feel a bit of pitty, because in reality I am supplying those business with more traffic, and thus more customers. By doing this I am promoting their business and am getting them more customers so that they can attain more profit. My goal of coarse is personal profit not the profit of my advertisers, but they come hand in hand. If they are willing to pay more for the click they are still profiting, otherwise they wouldent raise bids, and if they are profiting, and I get traffic to my site, then they are merely getting more potential and actual customers goign to their sites.
    Yes they will, they even let you in to critisice me. I opened this thread not to discus the ethical aspects of my actions, but to provide an insite to those strugelling to make profit.

slava, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  16. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:
    slava, you can try to (incredulously and creatively) justify this type of activity all you like. The long and the short of it is that you are shilling your own market, and that is HIGHLY UNETHICAL. If you can't see that, then I am wasting my breath trying to explain it to you. I feel sorry for you and others who praise you in this pathetic thread.

Vito

vito, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  17. slava

slava Peon

Best Answers:
    Vito, if you were selling a product and marketing is solely through Google, if you were willing to spend upto $4 on a particular keyword becasue you still make profit. Then you try marketing to a misspelled version of that keyword that far less advertisers compete for and you pay only $0.10 per click. You get only 1-2 clicks a day but they are converting just as good as the ones you pay $4 for because they are ultimately looking for same product.

Would you be so upsett if you started paying $1 for a click on teh misspelled keyword but instead of 1-2 daily clicks, you started getting 200. Your still paying four times less then the $4 keywords that are converting just as good, and now you have a much better stream of customers.

In fact you can even roll back teh $4 keyword advertising a bit because you are getting plenty of orders from teh $1 clicks, and are actually saving money.

Now you find out that you are paying $1 per click cause the website owner purposely raised the bids to a point were it became profitable for him to market his site and get quality traffic. I'm sure teh first thing on your mind would be that you should boycott the unethical actions of the website owner and get less customers while paying more money for $4 clicks.

So lets review who exactly I'm hurting in the market?

slava, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  18. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:
    You are entirely missing the point, slava.

You are not letting the market find its own level. You are artificially inflating the keyword cost for your own personal gain as an AS publisher.

Again, if you cannot see the flaw of character in that marketing model, then we have absolutely nothing to discuss, as I can never convince you that your unethical practices are not appropriate.

Vito

vito, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  19. slava

slava Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you are the one missing the point here, nobody is being hurt by this, if anything it is both helping bring profit to me, and the advertisers to whom I bring quality traffic and hopefully advertisers.

I am almost certain that not a single one of the advertisers whom I gain profit from is upsett that they are paying higher for a click, because they are making much more profit now then they were before I started bringing them quality traffic.

If you can't see this then I am wasting my time responding to your accusations, and then there is truely nothing to speak about with you, thus I kindly ask that you no longer post in this thread. I believe you have expressed your opinion to the best of your abilities and failed to sway me or my line of thinking in any way.

slava, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  20. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you are correct, I have failed to sway your opinion on this, which doesn't surprise me. I expected that that from the outset. It is expected that you will continue to defend your precarious position.

All I can say is Good Luck to you, I hope you are successful in life. But following this path is absolutely the wrong way to build an honest and ethical business.

Vito

vito, Nov 7, 2006 IP