1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any experience with Dhgate.com?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Brian_Corrigan, May 9, 2007.

1. talislin

talislin Peon

Best Answers:
    That's why you contact the seller first (whether it be e-mail or by phone) and you clearly and very thoroughly question the seller about their ethics and the whole selling/buying process. That's also why there are gold-star ratings, seller verification systems, and etc.

Plus, if you say that DHgate is not a safe site to buy, then you might as well say that all online shopping sites are not safe to buy. Ebay, for example, is also individually run by sellers, and people on there sell outrageous things--for example, a tissue that Britney Spears used.

Also, if you were smart enough, you would record and keep track of all messages you corresponded with the seller before rushing into buying the item without any protection. DHgate is not responsible for you, you are responsible for yourself. If you got scammed, then that means you didn't do something right. Granted, the seller isn't improving things much, but if you don't take action to bring any legal evidence, then you're out of luck.

I would also like to point out that not all the sellers on DHgate are from China nor are all of them Chinese. They may say they are, but there are some that are American. It's not very hard to sound like a Chinese person online, nor is it especially hard to do a Chinese accent. You can always fake your information, which is why I suggest that you do a webcam chat with them, confirming that they are who they are, and that they are trustworthy.

c Y: In response to your last sentence, if you contacted the seller beforehand and asked them about the condition of the product you are buying, whether it's real or fake, if it's defected or new, etc. via e-mail, then forward those e-mails to the seller again and demand a refund. If they refuse to give you one, then I would suggest contacting DHgate, request for the seller's phone number, and then call the seller, negotiate with them for a refund. If they still refuse to give you one, then I would call the local police over there and report the seller's scamming.

talislin, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  2. talislin

talislin Peon

Best Answers:
    DHgate themselves don't offer dropshipping/wholesaling but some sellers do. It's mostly wholesaling by lots or per pieces. I have yet to see dropshipping, but I've seen quite a few wholesaling---most notably are k-pop products, stationery, accessories such as jewelry, earrings, neckalces, etc.

talislin, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  3. whispertech

whispertech Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, I also came across this the other day. It looks as if this is actually an alternative to and similar to eBay except that you get a lot more flexibility. For example you can even get to choose your seller etc. Its worth giving them a look through.

whispertech, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  4. Zirkon Kalti

Zirkon Kalti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are lots of fake goods at DHGate. If you want to buy branded stuffs, don't buy it from DHGate. Rather, you should go to the authorized reseller to purchase it. DHGate is just like trade tang. Most sellers there plan to scam your money and run away with them so it is best to stay away.

Zirkon Kalti, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  5. talislin

talislin Peon

Best Answers:
    It's inaccurate to say that most sellers on DHgate scam your money. There are plenty of reputable sellers. You probably were just unfortunate enough to meet unreputable ones. Some people such as myself have always bought from reputable sellers through thorough questioning, and we also did our research on the sellers.

talislin, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  6. garry.smith

garry.smith Peon

Best Answers:
    no...not till yet

garry.smith, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  7. c Y

c Y Member

Best Answers:
    Zirkon Kalti is correct. DHgate works with there sellers only, no protection for buyers. Even sellers claim there products are 100% new, you will receive Used/Damaged/Defective products instead. Even you complaint to DHgate immediately, DHgate will still release your money to their sellers as soon as seller told DHgate they have shipped products out. Afterwards, no matter how you message them, they just ignore you totally. They are busy to scam another one. Do Not Buy in DHgate. One of their seller: "rtexport" is one good example using Used/Damaged products to scam buyer.

c Y, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  8. c Y

c Y Member

Best Answers:
    to update my case with that shameless "rtexport" and "DHgate":

Since that Liar seller "rtexport" did not keep our agreement to send me replacement parts. I send him message frequently. Two days ago, I found I cannot send message through our normal online communication channel. I was blocked by sending any message to this shameless seller any more by DHgate.

This show DHgate is fully support his sellers to scam buyers. DO NOT BUY FROM Shameless seller "rtexport" of DHgate, and DO NOT BUY from DHgate.

c Y, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  9. Zirkon Kalti

Zirkon Kalti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are many scammers at DHGate and Trade Tang so beware. Although there are some honest sellers, your chances of getting cheated is high so don't shop at DHGate.

Zirkon Kalti, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  10. c Y

c Y Member

Best Answers:
    I fully agreed. DHgate and their sellers scam, and scam shamelessly. They can even pretended if you put a positive feedback, they will solve the problem for you. But once you did that, DHgate and their seller blocked your message. They are busy to scam other buyers.

c Y, Dec 22, 2011 IP
  11. jim5842

jim5842 Member

Best Answers:
    After review many of your replies, I think most the you guys thinks DHGATE is a place where you can easily get cheated and blamed it to the hell. You guys are oversea buyers and in your stand of light, DHGATE didn't do his job to protect you. But do you know back in China, what sellers are saying about DHGATE? The same happened as sellers all blamed DH stands in the buyers’ side. As an online platform, DH should be fair, impartial and open. The fact is not DH that favors buyer or seller over the other, rather the buyer and seller over-expect from each other! Sellers are expecting to sell their products to oversea buyer at RMB cost and get USD profit while buyers are looking to buy Branded goods at unbelievalbe low price. Fact that made-in-Chinas are lower in cost of producing labor-intensive prodcuts is true, but since the Reform and Opening-up of the Chinese market, factories in china are at the bottom of the global economics. What they’re good at is OEM, the design and the marketing are beyond their reach. Fact that many top global brands are producing their products in China, but as many previous replies have pointed out that the global top brands products are strictly controled to sell domestically. Take iphone for example, most iphone are produced by FOXCONN Group in SZ city. Before China Unicon successfully became the agent of Apple, you’re no way to buy iphone in China. Even now, pepople in the mainland crowd to HK to buy authentic branded electronic products. If you guys are looking to buy some global branded electronics in DH, you’d be better to prepared your mind to accept replica.
    Someone may consider DH to be the china ebay, but I highly disaggree with this. The China Ebay should be Taobao and I would say Taobao copy the bussiness model of Ebay but fuck Ebay out of China. DH at the beginning was something like Alibaba and Make in China, but since the competition of B2B is very high, DH targeted itself for the small transaction between small businessmen. As the thriving of C2C in the recently years in China (the amazingly high growth in Taobao C2C or B2C model) and lowering cost in international logistics, Chinese suppliers see it profitable to do C2C in the oversea market. China is really good at OEM but without the soil to grow the top designers, because Chinese always copy other’s products and pay no attention to copy right. If some of you guys pay attention to this kind of global online C2C or B2C, you should notice the booming of Chinese Replica in 2007 and the strict customs control of counterfeits in recent year of China. Back to the point, internation C2C or B2C for chinese suppliers are very profitable but no such kind of platform providing this service.(Taobao was crazy busy with the domastic market and Ebay was a totally losers in domestic market, not to realize the potential of this market in time, providing room for DH to develop).
    I hope the above information can be helpful for you to understand what you should looking for from DH. After decades of manufacturing experience for chinese factories, I think the quality is totally acceptable. You should cancel your mind in buying international branded products especially for electronics, instead it’s very useful to find some product with low price/high quality under some unknow brand or some local brand.
    I’ve been doing exportation for a chinese factory for years. I’m here to look for some oversea partners to do this kind of international C2C business. I source the reliable suppliers for you to Dropship in your own country. In recent years, people in China shop oversea very oftently for pregnant and babay products for food safety is really a big problem in china. I think there’s great market potential too.

jim5842, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  12. ferii001

ferii001 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have bad experience. At first I ordered 32GB microSD card I got 2GB microSD card. I had got refund and after I ordered from an other company 16GB microSD card and I got 1GB microSd card. Fake and slow. Don't order form anybody. I lost 100USD. If you send back the package to the seller the post cost will be about 100USD. It doesnt worth the money.

ferii001, Jun 6, 2012 IP
  13. Nikil44

Nikil44 Peon

Best Answers:
    To answer this question, I would share my personal experience with Dhgate. I placed an order for a folding leather ipad case, I have paid $40 as the case has inbuilt keyboard which was quite good. But when i received my order, it was simple folding case and there is no such bluetooth keyboard attached. This was disappointing and I have no other go to other the same folding leather ipad case from another online site ChinaBuye, but luckily they have the bluetooth keyboard in it at just $32 and it was good. I lost $40 from Dhgate totally!

Nikil44, Aug 31, 2012 IP
  14. dellboy218

dellboy218 Peon

Best Answers:
    A few years on and I have just used DHGate. I ordered an item which including express mail was $153. The supplier sent me an item that he valued at $30. Wrong brand, wrong model, wrong spec. Nothing form the seller to advise of any substitution or to say anything about refunds. The seller refused me full compensation and said I had to pay to send it back at my own risk. DHGate under mediation said I can keep the item (that I did not order and did not want) and get $60 back or I can send it back and once the seller acknowledges receipt I get my money back, except of course for the shipping. Sorry people ...go elsewhere.

dellboy218, Oct 25, 2012 IP
  15. barkbandicoot

barkbandicoot Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed! a-hewenping1968 - Wrong item sent. Seller refused refund. Seller confirmed all specifications that I asked for on numerous occasions. He then ignored all and sent the wrong guitar. This is not the way to do business!

barkbandicoot, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  16. DHgate Sucks

DHgate Sucks Peon

Best Answers:
    Beware they say they offer resolutions well they don't ongoing since 3 Months now out $150 did not receive Item at all and they don't do nothing about it

Bad Company to buy from rather buy at Ebay
    :mad:

DHgate Sucks, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  17. TronV

TronV Peon

Best Answers:
    The product that I ordered and shipped was not in accordance with the specification in the advertisement. The seller did not offer any solution but only to apologized. That's all.
    This is the link of the seller:
    http://www.dhgate.com/store/14773492#st-navigation-storehome
    I am not generalizing with such case but buyers online be warned when dealing with such websites and better buy from reputable companies. Just check the feedback before you buy. Don't be convince it positive feedbacks is more than negative ones. Once you see a negative feedback avoid buying from such website.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
    TronV, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  18. TronV

TronV Peon

Best Answers:
    It happened to me when I ordered a tablet. The exact specs on the website was not honored.

TronV, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  19. snc805

snc805 Peon

Best Answers:

stay away from the site. most of the seller in this website are dodgy. they always make fake promises and never ship goods in time. I bought few things from them and none of them arrived in time, not even close to time frame. few days ago bought something from them ( 31st august and expecting to get delivered by mid september) unfortunately the seller updated me whith a fake tracking number and when i asked him, he said so and so. eventually he dispersed the good after 13 days (as per his new tracking number) later after placing the order and told me it may be arrived at home after 45 days, in between. Haven't received yet!!!

on other occasion i bought samsung galaxy s4 accessories and the seller promised (in their ads) it will be shipped by DHL and within 3 days i will get my stuff. it took 17 days after several whinging. the seller actually dispatched after 2 weeks and it took tow days to arrive in sydney by DHL.the guy also made a lot of stories behind this delay which is again dodgy
    so please do not trust them

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
    snc805, Sep 22, 2014 IP
  20. dragon fruit

dragon fruit Peon

Best Answers:
    Stay away from DHGATE. put in 4 orders on 1st april and paid by bpay straight away. none of the payments were confirmed untill i started sending e-mails. Had to send receipts bank statement reference numbers (everything I had) and they still wanted more. In the mean time two of the sellers cancelled the orders with them EVEN THOUGH DHGATE HAD BEEN PAID. FINALLY dhgate confirmed two payments but to this day have refused to confirm the money for the two orders that were cancelled. THEY HAVE EVEN STOPPED ANSWERING MY E-MAILS. as far as i am concerned THEY STOLE MY MONEY

dragon fruit, Apr 27, 2015 IP