1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense is Stealing Money from Account - No other way to explain it!

Discussion in 'Payments' started by travelerbyfoot, Dec 15, 2011.

Adsense user for 7 years here.
    I do know Google is splitting revenue with us... what that revenue split is, only Google knows, it certainly is not 75-25% or whatever they claim.

Here is the disturbing piece.
    Just this morning, I see my account in the early hours of the day having 40 clicks and $31 with CPC at $0.77...., then I log back in few hours later, i see 45 clicks and $4.96 with CPC at $0.10 ... all right, where did the $27 go?

I never typically paid attention to this, it's not like I made $300/day, however the above example has happened at least a dozen times for the past 3 weeks which as you can imagine made me pay close attention.

The past week, day after day it was the same thing. Up until 11am there'd be between $25-$35, then in the afternoon a huge drop in revenue and CPC as much as 85-90%.

Not sure what's happening, is this just a blatant robbery where I get 10 cents a click now and Google keeps the other $.90+
    This is one of the reasons I removed Infolinks and kontera, I am thinking of doing the same with Adsense. This seems to be happening too often.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
    travelerbyfoot, Dec 15, 2011 IP
  2. Pingo88

Pingo88 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, there isn't anything we can do about it. Google is strong and almighty, and they won't even listen if you start to complain. Sorry.

Pingo88, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  3. travelerbyfoot

travelerbyfoot Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh yeah, I do realize that part :)
    Last night same story, by 6pm I had $58, logged in around midnight, I had 17 more clicks and $51!!!
    I would imagine that money went into Google's Christmas Bonus account?
    Well Cherry Mristmas Google!
    Glad I could help you out.
    What bothers me is that Larry Page still has the teeth he has. Dude, fix those things, feel free to take money from my account... oh wait, you already do that.

travelerbyfoot, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  4. dper

dper Member

Best Answers:
    Google isn't stealing any money. They show an initial real time balance that has to be vetted (for fraud, valid country etc..). They give you less but also charge the advertiser less. The % Google keeps stays the same.

dper, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  5. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    they are not stealing your money. What's happening is their is a bunch of faulty clicks and they are adjusting the earning "ESTIMATE". the earnings are only finalized after 48hrs.

Laceygirl, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  6. uniqueinvest

uniqueinvest Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well you have to look at it this way. Google is sharing their profits with us. No matter how little or how much I'll take it.

uniqueinvest, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  7. travelerbyfoot

travelerbyfoot Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm, i would have to disagree with dper and laceygirl...
    I do have mechanism in place that prevents "fraudulent" clicks, not a newbie here, have been with adsense for 7 years.

Also, this sort of thing started happening in the past month and a half... never before...
    At any rate... I do realize it's up to Google to do whatever it wishes, as one member here mentioned google is sharing their profit and it's up to them how much they wanna share.
    Until I find a 'deal' that could possibly replace adsense, I'd have to put up with it for a while...

travelerbyfoot, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  8. lead2play

lead2play Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You must refer to help notes............It says, they are only estimated earnings..

lead2play, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  9. travelerbyfoot

travelerbyfoot Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, that is another clever thing Google does... it "estimates" :)
    As the economy worsens, look for more money to be "estimated" in Google's bank account :)

travelerbyfoot, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  10. DocuMaker

DocuMaker Active Member

Best Answers:
    Regarding the estimates -- I've seen my finals go UP after evaluation, so I can only assume they really are estimates. Had I consistently seen them decline, then I could validate your suspicion.

DocuMaker, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  11. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Like I said:
    Earnings are an estimate until 48hrs after. If you think earnings are in real time when you look at your account then you are a newbie. that's common adsense knowledge.

Laceygirl, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  12. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes as mentioned above, your earnings are estimates and are being adjusted for whichever reason.
    I don't see how you have something in place to stop fraudulent clicks. Would love to hear how since I don't see how it's possible to stop them.

Oh, BTW, Adsense does tell you the percentage o the split right there on the Adsense web site...

indyonline, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  13. leogarick

leogarick Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe the earnings overlap with the channels? I never had a problem with Adsense but chances are, some of the clicks are fraud so they automatically readjusted it.

leogarick, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  14. smileverse

smileverse Peon

Best Answers:
    one thing you should remember. that in your account it only shows the money as an estimate and it is not the exact of what you have earned. Estimated money is almost near to the original money that you have earned. There will be some adjustments during the end of the each month. Adjustments are took place because of self clicks, impressions etc.

So only note the earnings of the past month in the 1st week of the new month because the earnings are verified and finalized.

Thanks.

smileverse, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  15. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Can't believe this guy thinks he is smarter than Google and caught them ripping of the entire world...
    lmao here...

indyonline, Jan 10, 2012 IP
  16. studee

studee Member

Best Answers:
    hi,

i am very sure the site (on which this happen(s)) involves attract the kind of ads where the ads take the clicker(visitor) to an advertiser page where the visitor have two (more) options.

1.perform an action (decisive)
    2.Try/Test/feedback before action

something similar seems to happen on one of my website too, to know how/why it happens you need to think from a premium advertiser account holder view .

Dee

studee, Jan 10, 2012 IP
  17. ReputationSEO

ReputationSEO Guest

Best Answers:
    How is adsense stealing your cash? It's theirs in the first place you should be grateful they even off the scheme. Sure it benefits them also but they didn't have to provide the service to 'everyone' like it does.

ReputationSEO, Jan 10, 2012 IP
  18. edduvs

edduvs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I bumped into problems too, I had 890 Euro (~1200 $) at the end of June, last year. After 10th July, the final revenue was about 300 euro (400 $), I thought google was kidding me.. well they were not.

I wouldn't call it steal, but they should be more accurately in estimating the revenue monthly.

edduvs, Jan 11, 2012 IP
  19. exoticpublishing

exoticpublishing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, I love how ALL the GOOGLE lovers (you guys should go work for them if you LOVE them soooo MUCH) ALWAYS have to defend Google whenever someone speaks the truth about how awful they are.

They DO steal people's MONEY, they ALSO do many OTHER unethical things we probably don't even know of.

They've ALSO been giving your information to the CIA from the get go, plus now they are preventing accounts on YT from being able to monetize their channels ALL because they care MORE about protecting EVIL CORPS than providing REAL NEWS to us all.

But go AHEAD brainwashed people, continue to PROTECT the EVIL CORP that STOPS us from being free. That's what slaves DO!

https://thenextweb.com/google/2014/...lishers-calls-complete-fiction/#.tnw_t3z98vju

exoticpublishing, Aug 20, 2017 IP
  20. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So you just dragged up a dead 5 year old thread just to rant about Google...have they just banned you from Adsense "for no reason" by any chance?

malky66, Aug 20, 2017 IP
    pmf123 likes this.