1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to find a Reliable Dropship Seller?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by India-Rocks, Dec 8, 2011.

Hello
    Finally I have to ask it here. I've tried many dropship directories and contacted with many dripshipers but couldn't find a reliable and a seller with some unique products. Please guide me how to look for reliable dropshipper. If you know someone, We can start an e commerce store together or woth something out.

I hope you'll help me
    Regards

India-Rocks, Dec 8, 2011 IP
  2. xiaohaizi

xiaohaizi Member

Best Answers:
    we supply shoes.watches etc.pm me

xiaohaizi, Dec 8, 2011 IP
  3. assistantshoppingbangkok

assistantshoppingbangkok Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you want exactly ? Unique products do not exist, this world is global !

4. nglwthnati2de

nglwthnati2de Guest

Best Answers:
    You can look into a company called "The Power Sellers Union".You can find them online. Just google it. I've heard a lot of good things about them.

nglwthnati2de, Dec 12, 2011 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Think about it logically. How can you expect to source unique products by purchasing a cheap dropship seller directory list that every person and their dog has purchased?

dcristo, Dec 12, 2011 IP
  6. ironmarine

ironmarine Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I do dropship for cellphones, ipads and camera. Let me know if you are looking for these items.

ironmarine, Dec 13, 2011 IP
  7. JMDomains

JMDomains Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have access to many dropship suppliers, if you would like some help, go over to the forum in my signature and post a thread.

John

JMDomains, Dec 13, 2011 IP
  8. sphinx498

sphinx498 Member

Best Answers:
    Are you in India? I would be interested to be partner with you in ecommerce business.....

sphinx498, Dec 13, 2011 IP
  9. troller6969

troller6969 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd be careful drop shipping at all as the cc disputes can get you into a heap of trouble. Think through yourbusiness model well before going forward.

troller6969, Dec 14, 2011 IP
  10. ironmarine

ironmarine Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi would not agree more with this point.

I had fair share of experience wherre customers receive the shipments and then file a dispute and paypal 90% of the time favours the buyer and not the seller, since paypal doesnt have a great program for sellers with CC disputes.

To Overcome this always make sure that you are taking the photo of what you are sending along with the shipping details and product and then send it through reliable shipper with signed confirmation. This helps a lot. :)

ironmarine, Dec 15, 2011 IP
  11. codecre8r

codecre8r Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Research is the key. There are some scams out there that ruin the drop ship model for everyone.

In order to be successful, you need to establish your own relationship with your drop ship supplier. That way, you can work with them directly to resolve problems and eventually get better pricing.

codecre8r, Dec 15, 2011 IP
  12. mfine

mfine Member

Best Answers:
    You can checkout wholesale2b.com. We integrate over half a million products from the best dropshippers only. This will give you access to tons of dropship products all in one place. You can browse products by categories and by supplier.

You can open a free account to view all the products and wholesale prices. There is no markup on the wholesale prices.

mfine, Dec 16, 2011 IP
  13. zimseoa

zimseoa Peon

Best Answers:
    do you want to sale on ebay?

zimseoa, Dec 16, 2011 IP
  14. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have an ecommerce client who sources things from china. He is in Australia and has to go pick it up in $10,000 dollar or more increments(shipments) at a port(after passing customs). That said, don't buy shit from anyone in this thread and only listen to dcristo thus far. The fact that the folks who answer this have a handful of posts only is scary as hell. You will either get ripped off, kill people with weird, half-assed manufacturing or worse. First rule of e-commerce is giving a shit about your customers.

Nigel

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
    Nigel Lew, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  15. Chaxx

Chaxx Peon

Best Answers:
    Be careful with drop shippers - we used it for our (brief) ecommerce site and it was a bit of a nightmare. The problem we had was that we had no control over the supplier or the courier used - on too may occasions the supplier changed the price of the item without notice or their courier, who was awful, messed up the delivery.

In this case it is you who are responsible for the sale and item as you sold it to the customer - or at least, that's how it is in the UK.

All that said, we made a decent amount of profit selling only a couple of manufacturers and have taken down the ecommerce part of the site to re-launch with more drop shippers, so it can work, but is hard to achieve!

GL

Chaxx, Jan 2, 2012 IP
  16. sphinx498

sphinx498 Member

Best Answers:
    Can you tell ecommerce website which you are having? Also, the price has been fixed by you and customer has already paid you the price then hw come drop shipper changing price will affect customer ? Are you still using drop shipping model? Can you please elaborate a little bit how you go on slecting a good drop shipper and what are the terms and conditions? Do you pay some security money to drop shipper and how you maintain inventory level in your website without your employee at drop shipper location?Thanks in advance.

sphinx498, Jan 2, 2012 IP
  17. Chaxx

Chaxx Peon

Best Answers:
    What happened when we were drop shipping was that we would take the supplier's trade price, add our own markup and then use that price to resell to the customer. Our supplier was selling widgets whose price would be calculated based on the dollar to pound exchange rate, which fluctuates quite a lot - by the time a customer would buy something on our site we would send the drop shipping order through to our supplier and they would inform us that the trade price had gone up because of the exchange rate. Depending on the item purchased by the customer this could wipe out the margin made on the product, but most of the time it would just reduce it.

A lot of people drop shipping will have these sorts of issues as stock price will change independently of the reseller and can change overnight - take, for instance, the hard drive shortage we are having at the moment - prices in hard drives tripled in a 2 months and prices from our suppliers were changing nightly as panic buying from resellers started to set in. I'm sure we will continue to have this problem for a few more months, but that's a different issue...

My advice on choosing a good supplier - I say supplier because literally every supplier we have drop ships - is to read their terms and conditions, do the usual check ups on their company, make sure they are listed where they say they are, have a company and tax number that works out etc. and find out how they work. Corporate accounts are free to set up if for most suppliers if you have a company number of your own and most are willing to have a 5/10 minute chat about how they work etc. Choose the company that 1) have good service 2) have fair prices and 3) have good terms and conditions. Having a decent account manager at the supplier helps, especially if there are any issues with customer orders.

As for stock levels at the supplier - well, some suppliers have APIs that you can integrate into your system that will auto-update how much stock they have, but this is rare for the bog standard small business to have access to such things. Other suppliers will send you a weekly price list with rough stock levels whilst others will have a log in area where you can check and export price and stock levels to a .csv that you can import into your site. Have a couple of suppliers that stock the same things so you aren't left hanging when you sell something that isn't in stock, that's a real pain.

I am currently redeveloping the ecommerce part of my site (selling online isn't my primary form of business), but it will hopefully be back up soon and then I will be continuing to use the drop shipping model as well as having some stock onsite.

Depending on the type of goods you sell online, you may want to check out sale or return instead of drop shipping as it gives you a lot more control over some customer service aspects of the transaction.

HTH

Chaxx, Jan 2, 2012 IP
  18. zoomboy

zoomboy Peon

Best Answers:
    try to come out with an new idea take some time to realize what is in and what is not and then try to make a new trend or some thing that should be interesting for people.

zoomboy, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  19. Ikaruga

Ikaruga Active Member

Best Answers:
    I highly doubt that anyone here who has a good dropshipper is going to give away their source. Do your homework, research some wholesale sites, and try to see if you can find any watermarks on product images (hint hint)

Ikaruga, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  20. wordpresstemplatestore

wordpresstemplatestore Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I hear ya, I have had the same problem with no end in site, for the few I have found the price makes it not possible! I have pretty much given up on trying and am just doing sales of electronic stuff like eBooks or training.

wordpresstemplatestore, Jan 5, 2012 IP