1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to copyright articles?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by TechGrunth.Com, Nov 27, 2011.

Hello ..
    i have a blog and i write article myself and many other blog keep copying my articles..
    So can i copyright my articles so than i can take some legal action , when they copy my blog again

TechGrunth.Com, Nov 27, 2011 IP
  2. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    Your material is automatically copyrighted. Enforcing that copyright is the tough bit.

contentboss, Nov 28, 2011 IP
  3. Icecube_media

Icecube_media Peon

Best Answers:
    hi
    if you are writing original content then you need not to worry, if your content is posted before the other content is means is copyrighted to you, you can take action by writing it to google and they check they take action by blocking the site .

Icecube_media, Nov 28, 2011 IP
  4. kindsvater

kindsvater Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Register your copyright with the US Copyright Office. Then, the next time your blog and articles are stolen you will have serious leverage to deal with the situation.

kindsvater, Dec 2, 2011 IP
  5. SimonGav

SimonGav Peon

Best Answers:
    All great advice. It seems that since there is SO much scraping going on that Google would already have a system based on the first content originally cached in the Google index. Especially since they are running Panda, trying to get rid of duplicate content, it seems like they should have also implemented a reward system for those that are posting original content along with the punishment for those that are copying...makes no sense. But, I am glad to see that we can flag it for Google to check out. Does anyone know where we can report our scraped content? Like, the link to make the report to Google?

SimonGav, Dec 5, 2011 IP
  6. wspeedupw

wspeedupw Peon

Best Answers:
    Your material is automatically copyrighted. Enforcing that copyright is the tough bit.

wspeedupw, Dec 8, 2011 IP
  7. druidelder

druidelder Peon

Best Answers:
    They sort of do have just such a system in place (not all the parts, but the cconcept), but the problem is they do not crawl all sites on the same schedule or at the same time. Let's say it is the 20th of the month. Site A got crawled on the 19th and will not be crawled again until the 19th of next month. Site A puts up new content. Site B was crawled on the 16th. On the 21st, they see and copy the new content from site A and copy it. On the 16th of next month, site B gets crawled and is then listed as the site the content was first listed in the indes. Come the 19th, site A (which actually posted first) gets dinged for having duplicate content.

The only way for this to work, really, would be for Google to stop relying on crawlers alone and allow for content submissions from site owners.

druidelder, Dec 20, 2011 IP
  8. !bc

!bc Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree – enforcing your copyright will be problematic.

What you can do is do a Google Query for your article and then send the hosting provider a Cease and Desist letter demanding that they remove your copyrighted content.

Read up on the Digital Millennium Copyright Act if the hosting provider is US based for more info.

!bc, Jan 16, 2012 IP