1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A few questions..

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Cucumba123, Oct 1, 2011.

Hey guys, I have a few questions regarding SEO for Google.

1. If I choose to rank for a long tail keyword, will I also rank for the shorter version if I have enough power? e.g "Make Money" and "How to make money"

2. How does Google see the keywords? Is the shorter version of the long tail the same as the long tail one?

3. Who wins in this situation: SiteA with 1000 non-keyword anchored backlinks or SiteB with 100 anchored backlinks for a specific keyword?

4. Do I stand a chance to outrank any of the authority sites even though they have very few backlinks? e.g Wikipedia, Microsoft, Amazon, Youtube, Yahoo Answers etc.

5. Is ranking in the other search engines such as Bing, Yahoo, Baidu etc. easier or harder than Google?

6. If I would like to check the competition for a keyword, do I have to enclose it with quotation marks? This confuses me as most people don't enter the marks in their search query.

I hope you guys can answer my questions, thanks in advance. :)

Cucumba123, Oct 1, 2011 IP
  2. geester1

geester1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No one can comment on Google - unless it is Matt Cutts! However we have found that targetting the initial keyword then when the site is ranked for it looking for long tail keywords and optismising for them you increase your traffic dramatically.

Searching for keywords to check results use "keyword" and [keyword] last one is exact match

geester1, Oct 1, 2011 IP
  3. Cucumba123

Cucumba123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I'm aware of the exact match for the amount of searches but I'm more looking to see the actual result of the search match. To see what the competition is like, to analyze the top10 ranking sites.
    And does Matt Cutts use Skype? :p

4. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1. If I choose to rank for a long tail keyword, will I also rank for the shorter version if I have enough power? e.g "Make Money" and "How to make money"
    - Yes, it can be

2. How does Google see the keywords? Is the shorter version of the long tail the same as the long tail one?
    - long tails keyword is actually contain those short keyword

3. Who wins in this situation: SiteA with 1000 non-keyword anchored backlinks or SiteB with 100 anchored backlinks for a specific keyword?
    - Site B

4. Do I stand a chance to outrank any of the authority sites even though they have very few backlinks? e.g Wikipedia, Microsoft, Amazon, Youtube, Yahoo Answers etc.
    - yes. It is hard but still possible

5. Is ranking in the other search engines such as Bing, Yahoo, Baidu etc. easier or harder than Google?
    - All the search engine have different algorithm, cant really compare

6. If I would like to check the competition for a keyword, do I have to enclose it with quotation marks? This confuses me as most people don't enter the marks in their search query.
    - not really, that is for the exact search

lifeplayer, Oct 1, 2011 IP
  5. Cucumba123

Best Answers:
    Thanks lifeplayer but I'm still unsure about the first 2 questions, hope someone can clear my doubts.

6. stardik

stardik Member

Best Answers:
    are you serious with your question? You are offering Keyword Research but you ask about it??

stardik, Nov 20, 2011 IP
  7. Cucumba123

Best Answers:
    LOL - did you get that annoyed when I replied to your misspelling?

As you can see, I posted the keyword research thread about 2 weeks after this thread and during that week I had learned a lot to be able to provide a such service, and I mentioned in that thread about it being my first time.

Cucumba123, Nov 20, 2011 IP
  8. SerVision

SerVision Peon

Best Answers:
    No the longer keywords are not as same as the shorter versions. You may rank better for the longer version of the keywords as compared to the shorter versions. If you want to rank better for the shorter versions then you might need to make sure that do some really good Off Page SEO.

SerVision, Dec 2, 2011 IP