1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I submit my site to thousand directories now???

Discussion in 'Directories' started by goldenpearl, Nov 19, 2011.

I heard that the link building for new site can not be very fast. Now my site is 1 year for establishing, is it still new or not? Can I submit my site to thousands of directories in one month OR one week????

thanks in advance...

goldenpearl, Nov 19, 2011 IP
  2. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    A slow and more consistent approach is recommended.

maldives, Nov 20, 2011 IP
  3. Nikos Eleftheriou

Nikos Eleftheriou Member

Best Answers:
    Hi

If you need advice I can help!Depends on many factors!Please pm me if you are interested!Thanks A lot

Nikos Eleftheriou, Nov 20, 2011 IP
  4. freelistfool

freelistfool Peon

Best Answers:
    Instead of submitting to thousands of directories take the same time and research directories that will actually help your site and submit to them. Niche directories, directories that are indexed in google for the category where you'll be listed, some of the better known general directories will help you a lot more than 1000 random free directories.

freelistfool, Nov 20, 2011 IP
  5. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do you feel that 1000 directories would want to list your site? What is your plan to submit to quality directories?

dvduval, Nov 20, 2011 IP
  6. goldenpearl

goldenpearl Active Member

Best Answers:
    You mean I should submit slowly, maybe 100 directories per month? Or maybe 50?

goldenpearl, Nov 22, 2011 IP
  7. samdar

samdar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Doesn't matter to me. So your plan is to submit to 1000 directories or get listed in atleast few of them. As Freelistfool said, do a research or hire a reliable provider who submits your site to quality directories. Not just to some 1000 crappy directories. Remember "quality" is very important when compared to "quantity".

samdar, Nov 22, 2011 IP
  8. Quickoir

Quickoir Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree to samdar, choose "quality" over "quantity". Choose authority sites, because high reputation sites are more valuable in the eyes of search engines, such as Google.

Quickoir, Nov 25, 2011 IP
  9. alsatech

alsatech Peon

Best Answers:
    only if OP knows what "quality" directory looks like.

alsatech, Nov 25, 2011 IP
  10. goldenpearl

goldenpearl Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much. Your advice is very is valuable for me.

goldenpearl, Nov 26, 2011 IP
  11. Live2Write

Live2Write Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nuff said, Quality over Quantity. I'd any day love to get backlinks from 2 relevant directories than getting 200 from irrelevant/insane directories. Compile list of directories based on their relevance to your website niche (.....in case there is a general directory that has good PR you can have it in your 'to submit' list) and page rank.

Too many submissions in short time reduce quality of your submissions (besides Google will catch you for duplicated content which is the case that comes with automated submission).

Focus on keyword-oriented submission every single time and keep changing descriptions, titles as well as anchored texts.

Regards,
    L2W

Live2Write, Nov 26, 2011 IP
  12. jerrymaestro

jerrymaestro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Submit to as many quality directories, article sites and Press Releases as possible. While doing so the most important factor to remember is that all these should have a unique content and anchor text. As this is what I am using for several years successfully.

jerrymaestro, Nov 26, 2011 IP
  13. solidghost

solidghost Peon

Best Answers:
    Even if you submit to 1000 directories, it does not mean that your site will be approved. And even if it is approved, it does not mean that Google will find those links.

solidghost, Nov 27, 2011 IP
  14. marki8

marki8 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you don't know with quality directory... just submit to all directory that you found... but make sure submit with unique/relevant description...

marki8, Nov 27, 2011 IP
  15. webdev007

webdev007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't run after the numbers but take time to sort out good directories based on factors like PR, traffic an so on. Even 10-20 such directories will be worth more than thousands of directories with no or little traffic.

webdev007, Nov 28, 2011 IP
  16. Justin_nzpcs

Justin_nzpcs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Best bet is to submit to as many as you can find a lot of directories can take months to approve.

Then use a back link indexing service to create backlinks to your listings. Don't use ffa or auto approved directories those are a waste of time.
    Apart from that any directory that is indexed in google is a good link. You also don't know with directories what will happen in the future I never write off a directory today's low ranked site could be tomorrow's place everyone wants to be listed...

Justin_nzpcs, Nov 28, 2011 IP
  17. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As many people mentioned, quality is much more important than quantity. The other thing to consider is that there are not 1000 free directories that are currently listing free submissions. Choose your directories wisely.

CanadianEh, Nov 28, 2011 IP
  18. harrysom

harrysom Peon

Best Answers:
    Everyone knows that more backlinks will helps you to increase SERP.but this can't be so beneficial for your site to do a 1000 directories.

harrysom, Nov 28, 2011 IP
  19. foresttrailacade

foresttrailacade Peon

Best Answers:
    best is to submit you site to 100 good quality directories rather than 1000's of normal directories because the success ratio is very less.
    [TABLE="width: 185"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl24, width: 185"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

foresttrailacade, Nov 29, 2011 IP
  20. turkishhomes

turkishhomes Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe the question concerns whether, now that the site is a year old, large numbers of backlinks can be acquired without the site
    being penalized in the same way that perhaps a new site would be for getting them too quickly.
    Firstly I would question whether such penalties exist - I launched my site 6 months ago and it is already a PR4 and I haven't worried
    about getting links too quickly, quite the opposite in fact and it doesn't seem to have done any harm.
    However, regarding submitting to a 1000 directories, as most of them probably won't list you anyway and those that do could
    take months, I think it very unlikely that you will get the surge in the numbers of links that you perhaps imagine.
    I agree with all those who have said you would be better advised in being more selective about where your links come from,
    i.e. look for relevant sites that have a PR higher than yours.

turkishhomes, Nov 29, 2011 IP