1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's wrong with google adsense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by bagoes, Nov 13, 2011.

1. cujo

cujo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ban them all... let God sort them out. ;)

cujo, Nov 14, 2011 IP
    Laceygirl likes this.
  2. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How can google track the conversions? They can only track the clicks. Say if visitors are clicking on clickbank or any other affiliate links, then how will google know that they are buying from that link or not?

getjimmy, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  3. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    In adwords there are tools for advertizers to track conversions. Also google can help by looking at the bounce back, they can look at the average bounce back for a page, and then if a bounce back ratio from traffic from a specific publisher is always very high, they don't even need to look at advertizers conversion rates.. That's how they know. I think, because I'm like everyone else talking on forums, I don't work at google.

JamesColin, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  4. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, but not all the affiliate networks/publishers allow pixel tracking.

getjimmy, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  5. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's not pixel tracking.. It's easy, inform yourself about conversion tracking tools at adwords and you'll understand better. Granted, not all advertizers use those tools, but still it is useful for adwords/adsense to spot obviously useless traffic from a publisher.. Especially if they look at a large amount of data, like one month or more worth of traffic, it's easy to spot useless traffic on ads.
    http://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/topic.py?hl=en&topic=16344

That's what I think, but everyone must be aware that google has a collective brain which is much more powerful than ours. Just like we can't start to imagine what it can be like to have a high IQ (150+) it's the same for google, we can't imagine what tools they have, even a single PHD engineer at google must have big troubles imagining it in his limited, even if powerful in our perspective, mind.

JamesColin, Nov 14, 2011 IP