1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much investment is minimum needed to start a college institution in India

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ToddJay, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hi
    I am from Egypt , have some $$ saved up for future , and planning to settle in India , and my aim is i can start an educational institution like college for enginnering or medical , can some one please explain me how much funds would be needed to start a good engineering or medical college in india and split ups , thanks

ToddJay, Nov 13, 2011 IP
  2. Samrixe

Samrixe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Haha Todd, I'm an Indian. My short Idea to you is, never waste your money in this field. A recent stats about college in Tamil Nadu. There is about 30,000 vacant engineering seats in Tamil Nadu this year. If you start a college then your seat will be in 30,001. I meant only Tamil Nadu, then think about entire south India and the whole India.

One more thing, even if you start from scratch, run it hard and start to get success, some politician or Rogue will get that from you by blackmailing you. Hence, small advice, be happy with what u have there?

Samrixe, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    First up... what is your field of experience? Engineering or Medical? I wouldn't attend a college where there was no level of expertise. Without it how can you be trusted to employ the best educators in the field?? - or even tolerably good ones?

You don't say if you want to buy the land on which the school is situated or lease - that will give a different cost structure
    And then there is the size of the school. 30,000 students require more facilities than 300 and more staff.
    Then there is space needed for "labs". Med students probably need less space than engineering students - I have visions of wind tunnels, wave simulators and large model constructions
    Depending on which part of India you intend to settle the cost of land (buy or lease) will vary but so will what the local people will be prepared to pay for their education.

I wonder if you have thought this through properly.

sarahk, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  4. zeeshan146

zeeshan146 Peon

Best Answers:
    is it cool for that using coolege investment? brief me here plz

zeeshan146, Nov 26, 2011 IP
  5. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    $$ won't be enough.

You will need at least $,$$$,$$$.

Starting/running a good college is not child's play.

First of all, you will need either a large piece of land or a pre-existing building. Unless you decide to start the college in some remote place, land alone will cost you $$$,$$$.

If you have $,$$$,$$$, then maybe we can discuss this further (after you are unbanned). Otherwise it is a waste of time for all of us. :D.

sachin410, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  6. ozrocks22

ozrocks22 Member

Best Answers:
    If you do start that college, can I buy links from your .edu domain :)

ozrocks22, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  7. icannotsay

icannotsay Peon

Best Answers:
    I am from the U. S. so I have no idea about land and professors income there. Funny i was just thinking the samething. I just have one question. Why would you want to get into this? For the love of money or is it the education aspect? I ask this to say that if your intentions is purly education then i wont need be a big school. you can just pride yourself on producing well educated people in that field. Anyway good luck. I was resarching something about that here. Thats how i found your post.

icannotsay, Dec 7, 2011 IP
  8. icannotsay

icannotsay Peon

Best Answers:
    oh and my title was ballpark because that all you really ask us for was numbers to do so. which i still don't have. sorry. let me know if you find out anything even if it is just for over there.

icannotsay, Dec 7, 2011 IP
  9. edwardlobo

edwardlobo Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are passionate nothing can stop you, even money can be arranged because a lot of Indians settled overseas are looking to better life in India or give back some of what they got. I personally know a few Indians, being Indian myself who are multimillionaires in UK and have bought land parcels of around 500 acres in India for the sole purpose of setting education institutions. However the land money was petty cash for them.
    I think from memory it was around 10m usd just for the land or something like that. India is as expensive as UK on land. Infact properties in London are cheaper than Mumbai. In zone 2 I can get an apartment in London at around half a million gbp. You can't get that in Mumbai for a equivalent zone 2 like worli or pedder road.
    You will also have a lot of regulatory issues dealing with Indian authorities however these are just because of the system and anyone local who is knowledgeable should be fairly easily able to help you get the required licenses.
    If you are passionate I would recommend a tie up. There are many places you could source interested people to tie up with you if you know your area well.
    If you want to still go solo I would recommend not an institute but some sort of study/classes type of Institution where you are not affiliated and are merely helping students with their studies by providing out of college help with studies. This is highly profitable much much more than starting an institution.
    It all depends on your passion - money or helping society

edwardlobo, Dec 11, 2011 IP
  10. birdie123

birdie123 Peon

Best Answers:
    i really have no clue with regards to territory along with tutors cash flow generally there. Interesting my spouse and i ended up being only contemplating your samething. I merely get one particular problem. Precisely why would likely you wish to end up in this specific? To the enjoy involving income as well as would it be the training facet? My spouse and i inquire this specific to convey if your current purposes can be purly education and learning i then don't you have to a major institution. you'll be able to only pleasure on your own in making effectively intelligent men and women in this discipline. At any rate all the best .. My spouse and i ended up being resarching a thing with that below. I'm talking about buying and selling domains observed your current article.

birdie123, Dec 11, 2011 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.