1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

dmoz submittion way

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by roxenwebs, Oct 30, 2011.

what is the best way to submit my site into dmoz?

roxenwebs, Oct 30, 2011 IP
  2. тнє Sufi

тнє Sufi Peon

Best Answers:
    Just submit to to correct category and wait if they accept your site. It could take from few days to few years as well :)

тнє Sufi, Oct 30, 2011 IP
  3. sisatel

sisatel Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should choose the appropriate category. Then you have to wait for the approval.

sisatel, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  4. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Please don't re-submit if the site takes a time, it will either be awaiting a volunteer editor to review it or it will have been rejected. If the first we don't lose the suggestions ( many suggestions = spam) and if the second then a re-submission will not help unless you completely rebuild the site with unique content. And before you ask DMOZ does not advise if listed, rejected or in the submissions pool.

So if you have submitted do nothing more,if you are about to submit read the guidelines, find the most appropriate category, write a title and description that fit the guidelines (description with no hype like the best site on the net) and submit and then forget.

Anonymously, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  5. mony49

mony49 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I submitted my site for inclusion in DMOZ about 3 years ago, but my work partner may have also done so afterwards.
    Is there any way for me to find out if the submission has been rejected?
    Does it make sense for the site to not find its way into the directory for this long??

mony49, Nov 5, 2011 IP
  6. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    it may still very well be in the queue! There is no way to tell, as editors don't really dig that communication thing that is so nice at so many other sites...

don't worry about it though, an extra suggestion likely will not hurt, and if it's a matter of it already rejected, don't worry about that either. If it's listable, then there is a chance that an editor will find it by other means.

In fact, if it's listable, then an end user may have also suggested it, or 100 end users, and if that is the case, I guess your site may be banned... but again, the editors don't really dig that communication thing, so don't expect any answers better then this one.

Sorry I could not help... I'd do more, but the OPEN directory is pretty closed.

Though don't worry about it... a link in the ODP does not mean as much as it did three years ago. Most of the visitors to your site likely don't even know what a directory is, let alone DMOZ...and on the off chance your site is a directory, same thing likely applies :p

Qryztufre, Nov 7, 2011 IP
  7. mony49

mony49 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Qryztufre...I can't say that I'm worried about it. I mean it's not stopping my SEO work, but I think a link from DMOZ could really boost my PR...
    Oh well, maybe in another 3 years :)

Cheers,
    Mony

mony49, Nov 7, 2011 IP
  8. stock_post

stock_post Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I gave up on Dmoz a long back..

stock_post, Nov 7, 2011 IP
  9. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    I never boosted any of my sites...

Qryztufre, Nov 8, 2011 IP
  10. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am sure you didn't but DMOZ listing might have done!

Anonymously, Nov 9, 2011 IP
  11. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Well, that's odd, according to MANY of your other posts you seem to think otherwise. Why the change of heart now? Are you implying that me listing my own site in the ODP was not a boost, and if so, that makes your post even more non-nonsensical then mine!

From most accounts, a listing in the ODP does not offer any type of boost, and according to YOU the odp is not there for a boost, so, erm, what are you on about other then trolling? If you would really like to play this game with me, I'll gladly bump many of your posts that are badly worded yet can be made out... and if you don't think they exist, check this link out: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/sear...id=86596&contenttype=vBForum_Post&showposts=1

Seriously, if you have an issue with a post, report it. What you are doing is trolling and you know it. You have added even less then I have to this conversation, and that seems to be the norm with you. It's TRULY sad that you are an editor for the ODP, but I really glad that you are, it shows the people here asking questions about it just who the ODP really are.

Your posts say a LOT more about DMOZ then my rants ever will... but then, most of my rants are based specifically on how editors like you treat people, so maybe there is a connection after all.

Once again, thanks for taking a thread and turning it into something about me... your favorite topic here :D

Qryztufre, Nov 9, 2011 IP