1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Dating Software Script for Unique business? SKADATE or AJ classifieds?

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by sebastian2012, Nov 5, 2011.

hi,
    my name is sebastian im creating a date site that i've searched for and no one has made tone for the niche....is skadate good?

ive heard skadate has alot of bugs and issues. What is a better money route to go? Hiring a web developer to make a custom site or buying skadate and paying the developer to fix the bugs? Also, how is AJ classifieds?

Sincerely,
    Sebastian

hhamilton2006@gmail.com

sebastian2012, Nov 5, 2011 IP
  2. swasa

swasa Member

Best Answers:
    swasa, Nov 10, 2011 IP
  3. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Sebastian,

There are only just a few good social network scripts around.
    Actually 3 well known and solid, exist for many years already and has good support too.

phpFox - http://www.phpfox.com (the best of the 3)

Social Engine - http://www.socialengine.net

Jomsocial - http://www.jomsocial.com (this one is a Joomla component, Joomla itself is free of course)

ilook, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  4. seogawd

seogawd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Stay away from Skadate! They charge $350 and give zero support to good customers - it's ridiculous!

seogawd, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  5. irishcoder

irishcoder Member

Best Answers:
    Googling a bit found this review: "
    I am an actual customer of Skadate. I am not a competitor. I will give a detail investigative report on their customer support, software security, access to source code, and possible bugs found. If Skadate does something good I will post it. If they do as they promise, they will get a good grade and more people will buy their products. Good service always equal more sales. Let's begin: Before I purchased the software, Skadate Pre-Sale team promised "in writing" that they will upon installation 1. remove their branding everywhere on the script. 2. basic customization of the index/homepage (add languages, replace image, edit Search box age 18-103 instead of 20-103, one template for the homepage and a different for the internal pages). ***Nothing was done***. After I purchased the software for $400 they did not keep their promise and stated I should hire a dating site developer to have the script customized or do it myself. They suggested the "client area" has a forum and I may find answers to most of my questions. By the way they took 3 days to install the software. Remember they only give you 30 days of free support. I asked them for access to the back end (administration) so I can I play around with the code since I am familiar with programming. It has been 4 days now they have not sent my username and password for both back end and client area. I had to asked my hosting company for access to the administration area which they gave me. Now, 7 days have passed. I only have 3 more weeks of free support, let's see what is going to happen this week. I think they are playing games to get you pass the 1 month free support so that they can charge you $95 per month thereafter and play some more games until you are locked in at the $95 per month support for life. I hope I am wrong. Let's see if they can redeem themselves. Pre-Sales (they will tell you anything so you can buy the product). Grade: A+ before you buy. After purchase (they save your IP address, you can't talk to them after purchase of the product): F Customer Support Grade: F Administration URL Path Security: F Administration source code provided: F Training Manual (I have not seen any training manuals: F Video Tutorials (I saw that they have 19 short videos on Youtube not detailed): D "

irishcoder, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  6. eventscript

eventscript Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try datingpro.com. they provide lifetime support service. or you can order cutom.

eventscript, May 2, 2013 IP
  7. ZimaS

ZimaS Peon

Best Answers:
    As an official SkaDate rep I can tell you that the quoted message has been circulating around the web for a while, and we’ve given it a proper response many times at several different resources, alas never hearing back from the poster. In any case, I can assure you that the vast majority of our clients are happy with the level of support we provide, as can be evidenced on official review aggregation sites that verify submitted comments. We do realize that there always be a fraction of vocal unsatisfied customers, but we do everything in our power to timely respond to each submitted issue. We welcome your feedback or any other questions regarding our software and/or service. Good luck with your dating sites!

ZimaS, Feb 12, 2014 IP
  8. Toby39

Toby39 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi there,
    The first and third sites do look quite slick, tho I've not explored their functionality.

As for Social Engine, when I clicked on the link, it just went to: socialengine . net/?aff=software ... which seems to be a dead link. With regard to the "aff=", if you don't mind me asking, are any of these affiliate links?

Has anyone else used PHP Fox?

Right now, I'd be happy to simply find a date-site system that had a working Advanced Search function, where I can either set up a SQL with actual Long. Latitude Post Codes... or even something as simple as States/Regions dropdown menu that actually relates to the Country selected by my users.

Please can anyone share their views on the WP theme Love Story (themeforest.net), Etano (datemill.com) and Oxwall? ... (or any better alternatives, with viable Advanced Searches)

Thanks for reading :)

Toby39, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  9. ZimaS

ZimaS Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Toby,

RE: Oxwall - SkaDate's new online dating software (SkaDate Lite) is fully based on Oxwall, which means it takes advantage of Oxwall's plugin system and at the same time streamlines its integrated dating and monetization options. Basically, you have a dating-only solution at the get go, but can easily expand it with tons of necessary native and third-party plugins.

ZimaS, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  10. Toby39

Toby39 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi ZimaS and JohnPB,
    Many thanks for your guidance. The new version of SkaDate is called 'SkaDate X'. Their older versions, Lite and Premium are being phased out.
    I have actually only just signed up to it. I will see how I get on with it.

:)

Toby39, Oct 11, 2014 IP
  11. Jane S.

Jane S. Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually Skadate is up to the XII already. As an independent developer I regularly provide third-party support to both Skadate and Oxwall customers, and I can confirm that the software improved considerably over the last couple of years. The focus on the apps is also a plus. If you need more info check out my blog (https://skatips.wordpress.com/), or contact me if you have any questions about Skadate operation.

Jane S., Nov 17, 2015 IP
  12. johnPB

johnPB Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, for unique business I can suggest a great open source one and available on Github https://github.com/pH7Software/pH7-Social-Dating-CMS

You can also download it on https://sourceforge.net/projects/ph7socialdating/

johnPB, Aug 20, 2016 IP
  13. irishcoder

irishcoder Member

Best Answers:
    Chameleon Social is the only social and dating software that really talks with their clients. They have a very lively Facebook page where they really speak with the clients https://www.facebook.com/chameleon.development.group
    Compare for example with https://www.facebook.com/skadate
    Crickets :) Where are the happy customers Skadate?
    Chameleon also has a special forum where it gathers wishes of the clients http://chameleondatingsoftware.com
    Of course they do not have a possibility to do every change the clients ask, but the one I asked was done for example. Yes, the price is low and Chameleon has a lot more customers than any other software as I assume, but really, does not Skadate have a single customer that would post on the fb page? Or there are no happy customers at all? Or no customers at all? Who knows...

irishcoder, Sep 18, 2016 IP
  14. javiert30

javiert30 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use Chameleon for my online dating website, they always give me good support 24/7 nothing to say about them so far. What I like the most is they have more than 8 ways to communicate for users even audio and video from mobile apps without compromising your phone number.

javiert30, Sep 29, 2016 IP
  15. pdoley

pdoley Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    worst script aj classifieds very phony people before selling the script they will reply day and night to your quarries after you give them money you have to beg them for help crappy script incomplete script told me to manually input country and cities one by one…..scam company think twice before u even try their script encrypted many files so the site loads very slow errors everywhere ajclassifieds scam company never buy classifieds software from them.i had a nightmare experience with them.

pdoley, Jan 3, 2017 IP