1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is Keyword Tracker for?

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by qll, Sep 7, 2004.

I am not a SEO person. I don't understand why you need to keep track of your rankings on google in those keywords, as you can not do anything about it anyway. Google has its own algrithms.

For example, if you are ranked #49 of keyword iPod this week and #30 last week, what can do you about it? Just tracking? like watching a sport game?

qll, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  2. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a very interesting question. And I agree that a lot of people spend a lot of non productive time obsessing about their ranking and checking it out, in some cases several times per day.

However, if you are actively working on improving a page's ranking -- and yes you can in theory do something about it -- then this is a very useful tool for checking the ranking of the site for the several keywords you may be working on in your linking and SEO efforts.

compar, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's basically one of those things that if you have to ask, it's probably of no use to you. Originally I made it one morning because I wanted a way to keep track of my general direction (up or down) on my keywords. Figured others might want to use it, so I let them. Although I was hoping for maybe 1,000 users after a year. In reality, it's been 1 year and slightly under 15,000 registered users.

digitalpoint, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  4. qll

qll Peon

Best Answers:
    ok, then can you tell me how you can rank yourself high, using SEO efforts, using generic keywords.

i have seen the rat/cat game going on for SEO and anything 1 month out of date is useless.

my main problem is how to make myself a high PR site, as i am very good at generating BS keywords, as long as google think i am high, i can be ranked high. so far, i spent zero time on SEO.

qll, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  5. qll

qll Peon

Best Answers:
    can you share some secrets on how you made your site PR7? why I got so many hits every day for 1 year and only PR3? i even spammed my site on those FFA link pages, and still not results. it seems to me no matter what backlinks i got, my PR does not go up. somebody else can get a PR6 within 6 months from start.

qll, Sep 7, 2004 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I was PR7 before I even knew what PageRank was, so it was nothing I did. Just people linking to me on their own free will.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=fp-pull-web-t&p=linkdomain:www.digitalpoint.com shows 220,000 links to some point in digitalpoint.com. PageRank is nothing more than a measure of link popularity. So if you want a high PageRank, get high PageRank sites to link to you. The more the better...

digitalpoint, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  7. Trance-formation

Trance-formation Peon

Best Answers:
    Simple. Google hates you. It's personal :p

Trance-formation, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  8. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You know, the more I read this QLL's questions, the more I wonder why Shawn does not just ban him/her. Who knows what kind of trouble this person could be up to. I don't trust him or her, the questions are too close to the edge. Instead of "these are the rules I must abide by" it is always "how far can I push these rules so they benefit me".

The tool is self explanatory. A smart person like yourself qll, should be able to figure it out. If you are wondering why we use it. Well, I use it because when I designed my site, there were 10 terms I wanted to rank #1 for. This tool allows me to see the fruits of my labour in Google. I go elsewhere for the rest of my fruit, but this by far is the best one.

NewComputer, Sep 7, 2004 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  9. gooner

gooner Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally I think Shaun should ban anyone who over analyse's PR, Adsense CTR's and IBL's... :p

He should also ban himself for not setting the font sizes on this forum with em's and for adding that code restrict on the keyword suggestion tool :p

gooner, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  10. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    one thing ive noticed, is that I can have HUGE changes in certan KW from day to day - I mean like 9000 position changes - but seemingly only on certain kws -- why?

joeychgo, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  11. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Ask Google! There is no answer to that question. Google has been in a wierd state of flux for several months now and nobody really understands why.

Read the McDar thread and the recent thread "Is Google Broken", on this forum just to get some idea of how bizarre thing have been with Google lately. In the interim we all strive to get Google results because they still have the lion's share of the searches.

compar, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  12. qll

qll Peon

Best Answers:
    is there still free speech in USA? finding and discovering have nothing to do with committing a crime. it is the same as finding a loophope in windows will only prevent hackers. you really should learn how to accept. one said: "absolute security leads to insecurity" if you pretect yourself too much too well, you will kill yourself. example: if you hire 1000 body guards to pretect you. somebody will think to kidnap you.

back to the topic. i don't have an account on webmasterworld, where most people discuss cutting edge technologies about adsense. people do make $2M-$4M a year from adsense, with high CTR like 10%. isn't the idea is to learn from how others did it?

if i am a cheater, i will not even discuess those things. pushing the line means i don't want to cross it. if i am already over the line, i would hide myself.

qll, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  13. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:

thats what we are here if is to analyze those things and learn how to improve our results.

What are you here for if not that?

joeychgo, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  14. gooner

gooner Peon

Best Answers:
    If the last sentence of my post doesn't suggest that it wasn't meant to be taken seriously I don't know what will.

gooner, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  15. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    A 9000 drop could in fact just be a few dozen depending on your settings. if you track up to #100 and you drop from 90 to 105 then it will show you a 9010 drop.

T0PS3O, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  16. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    obsessive checking is not going to improve your situtuation, but you can better spend your time trying to improve your page ranking.

david_sakh, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  17. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Once again...did you read this thread?

GuyFromChicago, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  18. rich808

rich808 Peon

Best Answers:
    How long do you guys spend on SEO to get a decent ranking?

rich808, Oct 30, 2011 IP
  19. indochinabike

indochinabike Peon

Best Answers:
    if you work hard in SEO,it takes about 2-3 months

indochinabike, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  20. Irfi0009

Irfi0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    i thing you right .thanx

Irfi0009, Nov 1, 2011 IP