1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense RPM insanely low?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by FerretBrothel, Oct 29, 2011.

Hey everyone

Sorry I'm new to this whole thing and I'm trying to learn as much as possible by reading articles, but I'm stumped as to why my RPM is so low?

Here is my site:
    http://andthebeans.com/notsololcats.html

And my RPM is barely existent. I've gotten 2000 impressions in a week, and like 10 cents. :(

Help me out! Give me some suggestions to better my site. It would really help!!!

Thanks,
    Nick

FerretBrothel, Oct 29, 2011 IP
  2. nyczdevil

nyczdevil Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe Adsense is CPC and not CPM. It might be mixed with both but its mostly CPC.

nyczdevil, Oct 29, 2011 IP
  3. FerretBrothel

FerretBrothel Peon

Best Answers:
    regardless, mine is still insanely low. I read articles about people having averages of like 10-20$ per 1000 impressions!? And some claim upwards of 50$! That is 500X more than me :(

How can I improve my stats here?

4. nyczdevil

nyczdevil Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are right, they claim. The problem is many people read so many different stories and try to replicate. It depends on your niche, And if you are getting 1000 impressions and 10-20$ RPM/CPM, that is impossible, unless the CPC is $10-$20.

I believe all CPM rates are usually <$1, depending on niche and ads. And could go anywhere up to $2-$3.

nyczdevil, Oct 29, 2011 IP
  5. FerretBrothel

FerretBrothel Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay but how can I improve my site for optimal adsense?

6. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    CPM rates should be at $5 minimum to be correct. That's what I get, but of course if you have a low paying niche AND a bad ad placement, you'll never get that.

JamesColin, Oct 30, 2011 IP
  7. veer pan

veer pan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    it depends on your ad that been displayed. Your ad those displayed would have very low rate. Try to high paying keyword in your niche and make blog entries on it.

veer pan, Oct 30, 2011 IP
  8. RumpledElf

RumpledElf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a bunch of sites and all but one has CPM of under $1.50. The other is a search box and is still under $5 CPM.

I'd like to know how people manage CPM of over $2, personally.

Still, you can get a couple $100 a month even with a CPM of 10c if you have the traffic, so its not all bad.

RumpledElf, Oct 30, 2011 IP
  9. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    CPM of $5 is easily achievable, look, you have a cpc of $0.1 which is not a lot and a CTR of 5% which is also not a lot, and you have a ecpm of $5. Now if you have cpc of $0.2 then you only need a ctr of 2.5% to achieve $5 CPM.

Of course if your site's topic and traffic origin only generate $0.01 CPC then you'd need a CTR of 50% which is highly unlikely..

10. FerretBrothel

FerretBrothel Peon

Best Answers:
    So my issue is my keywords? I need to try and incorporate more high paying keywords?

FerretBrothel, Oct 30, 2011 IP
  11. amirnasir0

amirnasir0 Peon

Best Answers:
    well, your CPM is very low indeed, but it majorly depends open some factors given below
    -the niche of your site
    -ad placement- improve the placement of your ads, and give them proper space so that visitors can easily see that.
    -avoid using link ads
    -and after all increase your visitor/page impressions
    hope that will help you out

amirnasir0, Oct 30, 2011 IP
  12. RumpledElf

Best Answers:
    I have average CPC varying between 50c and $3 over all my sites, its the CTR that has always been my problem. One site had a RPM of around 5-10c for absolutely ages. Changed from text to image ads and it is now above 30c, at the expense of the site looking spammy now which is why I was reluctant to do it in the first place - but money won over looks.

My sites are all on different topics, different audiences, different keywords and not one of them (excluding the search box again) has a CTR over 0.7%.

13. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That's very strange, because I can't answer that it is because your audience is too technical (so the visitors don't click on adsense) since you have many different topics...
    So I can only say that your ad placement must be terrible to be unable to get a ctr above 0.7%
    But that isn't polite since you don't seem to be a beginner (with almost 1000 posts) so I feel a bit uneasy to tell you so..

But what else can it be?

14. FerretBrothel

FerretBrothel Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you even look at the website? What are you talking about posts? When did I say 1000 posts? I said we get about 1000 UVs a week. it's not a blog with posts.

And you keep just telling me the same generalization. Why don't you look at the site and tell me if my ad placement is bad, rather than assuming it's bad.

FerretBrothel, Oct 30, 2011 IP
  15. RumpledElf

Best Answers:
    Its called having sites that offer information and services where the ads were put on after the site was built just to offset hosting costs. None are made for adsense, none have keyword research done. I've had this CTR since I started using adsense in 2006 and every new site I've made since then has fitted right in with all the other sites with very similar stats.

This is why I charge $160ph for drupal dev and not Adsense advice.

16. RumpledElf

Best Answers:
    Your site is a comic site with no keywords on it. I have one of those. I can safely say that in the last 5 years I have made maybe, oh, $1.50 from that particular section of the site (I had a separate channel to track that page). You're an idiot if you think you are going to make money from adsense from a site with no text.

Get your traffic up and go to project wonderful where other people with comics happily pay you money to advertise on your site instead.

17. RumpledElf

Best Answers:
    Also while I'm making several posts in a row here, why on earth do you have that tiny little thumbnail of the comics and need a second click to view them? Its terrible UI and makes it really hard to just click through reading them. The popup with your actual content in is, of course, completely ad free. And most of your comics only have a link unit, which needs *two* clicks to make money from. Then there's that second ad down the bottom, safely out of sight where noone will click on it. And of course funny sites are notorious for giving the lowest CPC out of all the niches. You're actually working off some kind of checklist of how NOT to make money from adsense, aren't you :\

18. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    ok, so if you mean your adsense is badly located, I understand, so if you're aware of it and take pride in it then don't complain about it or pretend you're surprised.

19. gtk29

gtk29 Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should choose a better ad placement policy and your ctr would increase. The big square and leaderboard ads are known to increase ctr.

gtk29, Oct 30, 2011 IP
  20. amirnasir0

amirnasir0 Peon

Best Answers:
    increasing adsense income is not a tough job yar, you just need to real the article by mr. amit agrawal, look for his blog labnol.org and get your answer

amirnasir0, Oct 31, 2011 IP