1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

closing a limited paypal account

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by sudhiros, Oct 8, 2011.

Hi all

I had a paypal account which was limited in april,2011 for the reasons they wont want to disclose. I had a reserve of about $2K in the account, i thought that normally paypal takes about 6 months to release the balance once the account is limited hence i was cool with it and decided to wait for 6 months ( i never sent them any documents they wanted as i didnt want to continue with the account any more)

now when 6 months are over, i m trying to contact them and they are insisting that i should provide the papers to close the account as it is limited and i need to lift the limitation before i can close it

has any one of you have gone thru such situation and if yes than what you have done to get rid of the situation in that time

any suggestion will be appreciated

Thanks !

sudhiros, Oct 8, 2011 IP
  2. coolu

coolu Active Member

Best Answers:
    just call them through skpye for free and talk to the customer care they shall help you out

coolu, Oct 8, 2011 IP
  3. sunl

sunl Peon

Best Answers:
    $2000 is big sum, Is your account fake? if it is then its really got messed up.
    If it is real then provide documents required by PP.

sunl, Oct 8, 2011 IP
  4. fuma1986

fuma1986 Peon

Best Answers:
    A little advice about paypal. I provided all the documents they asked for, then they wanted more, and more, and more. Finally they said the investigation was over and i couldnt get my money for 6 months which is illegal for them to do. My best friend is a laywer and i had my 6,800.00 within 10 days. I could advise you on how to get your funds if you are legit but it would take pages of typing. Just go to www.paypalsucks.com and you can get all the help you need.

fuma1986, Oct 15, 2011 IP
  5. Ragu_007

Ragu_007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can able to withdraw the amount to your local bank account even though your account is limited. But i think you need to attach PAN now because of the new policy.

Also, you cant close the limited account. You can close the account only if these is no limitations. If you want to remove the limitation, then definitely you need to submit the proofs. But you can withdraw the amount without closing your account.

Ragu_007, Oct 15, 2011 IP
  6. jollyjollyjolly

jollyjollyjolly Peon

Best Answers:
    Get a lawyer to draft up some papers, send them over. My guess is you have a fake account or scammed money. Kinda get what you deserve in the end buddy. Maybe flip the coin over and roll on the green side of the grass from now on.

jollyjollyjolly, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  7. alexgreatcpa

alexgreatcpa Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You can not close your Limited Paypal account. It will closed by PayPal security only.

alexgreatcpa, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  8. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    the only way is call them up to settle the problem, else paypal will not close the account and send the money to you

lifeplayer, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  9. pappunsu

pappunsu Active Member

Best Answers:
    You cant close a limited paypal account.

pappunsu, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  10. Ausdrez

Ausdrez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you want to "close" the account? To inform, you don't need to "Close" your account or remove the limitation to withdraw your frozen funds. Just try and you will find that you can now withdraw them if 6 months are pretty much over.

Ausdrez, Oct 24, 2011 IP
  11. onlinekupnja

onlinekupnja Peon

Best Answers:
    i know that 6 montsh is limit for them to hold it before you can withdraw, so definity if acc is not illegal, try to call customer support, they halped me many times.

onlinekupnja, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  12. sudhiros

sudhiros Peon

Best Answers:
    @jollyjollyjolly : i asked a simple question but you were too sure to "guess" that the money is scammed or duped, for your information i have been selling on ebay and have sold goods worth more than a million dollars in last 5 years. last year on i stopped doing business on eBay as i had other things to do. out of the couple of paypal account i hold this one had a "reserve" applied on it for about US$2K as i had a lot of transactions in that account.

account is almost 3 years old, and i no more do business in that account. paypal is famous for asking silly things over and over again so i just wanted to know if someone had similar experience, if you had no experience as such than u better had not replied to this post . . . . . simple !!

Thank you guys, i spoke to paypal and they said they will look into it and get back to me,

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
    sudhiros, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  13. Adarme

Adarme Peon

Best Answers:

This is the truth.

Adarme, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  14. sudhiros

sudhiros Peon

Best Answers:
    the account limitation is not lifted, but it still shows the money in reserve, they have put a US$2000 reserve on my account and when i call them, they say they will review it soon, i m clearly telling them that i do not intend to do business in this account. kindly remove the reserve there is no receipt of the payment in last 6 months or more, but they say they are reviewing

Hope they finish their review soon !

Thanks all !

sudhiros, Nov 5, 2011 IP
  15. sufia

sufia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Limited paypal or suspend paypal cannot be closed.its reaming limited.but possible to withdrawal money after 180 days.

Thank you

sufia, Nov 7, 2011 IP
  16. kampat

kampat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I had to use Globalnetplex.com to withdraw my money after waiting for 1 year. At time you find paypal asking for documents you even don't know of their existence. This will totally stop you from unlimiting the account, what this means they have your money for six month to do what their want with it. if you are in such a situation right now try Globalnetplex.com

kampat, Jul 24, 2012 IP
  17. Miskataziz

Miskataziz Peon

Best Answers:
    How come Globalnetplex.com , it's simply seems Like MLM site , would you please explain ???:confused:

Miskataziz, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  18. techlead

techlead Active Member

Best Answers:
    Did you received the funds from limited paypal account

techlead, Aug 24, 2012 IP