1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Latest Panda Update

Discussion in 'Google' started by rickyfantana, Oct 16, 2011.

1. enakeprimen

enakeprimen Active Member

Best Answers:
    My site also badly effected by the latest panda update. From 3k+ visitors/day before to only 1.3k+ now since last week. Positively I am going to build more original and unique contents to achieve this :D

enakeprimen, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  2. vikasamrohi

vikasamrohi Peon

Best Answers:
    Few of our travel sites get dropped however we do have very unique content and surprisingly the drop in keywords ranking spoiled all. Well earlier we were on #1 and now we are on #5 on most of the traffic generated keywords.

vikasamrohi, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  3. Tamcake

Tamcake Active Member

Best Answers:
    All my websites have stayed the same or gone up. I would say it is a combination of quality backlinks, domain age, and good content.

Tamcake, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  4. kristenmorey111

kristenmorey111 Peon

Best Answers:
    I felt not really at my websites...but I had seen its effect with a lot of other websites.
    For example, the hubpages.com; it penatized but the recent updated panda gives hubpages.com more seo visibility. similarly starplus.com is also effected and lost its seo visibility with updated panda.

so it effects a lot of website's seo visibility but as far as my websites; i have to felt any big difference.

kristenmorey111, Oct 18, 2011 IP
  5. fastmoneymonster

fastmoneymonster Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    All of my sites have been affected a lot. The traffic has been cut off to half. However, the traffic has been asending since yesterday.

fastmoneymonster, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  6. shauny35

shauny35 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    iv taken a 80% traffic loss hit, all keywords down 5-10 places. I have no dupe/scraped content and site is updated with fresh content every day, GOOGLE WTF?

shauny35, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  7. A14

A14 Member

Best Answers:
    It seems that everyone is affected in one way or another. The problem is only that no one really knows how things work with this new way of ranking. Overall we will just have to wait to see if this is a good or bad change.

A14, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  8. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think the Panda are anywhere near perfect, so many legit sites are being hit, hopefully the bugs will be ironed out soon

golfpro1, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  9. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For the past four days, I have seen a 50 per cent cut in google traffic and more than 75% decrease in adsense income. Hope that the thing may be reversed in the days to come...

dairyman, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  10. maclin123

maclin123 Member

Best Answers:
    Everyone is affected by this Panda update and I believe its quiet harder for webmasters to survive in near future. In every 15-50 days google made changes and we lost our earned traffic.

maclin123, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  11. javaed11

javaed11 Peon

Best Answers:
    lost half of mine traffic

javaed11, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  12. digiblogger17

digiblogger17 Peon

Best Answers:
    hit hit hit and lost almost everything, now my income from my online business doesn't cover the expenses, after 3 years of stable growth Google has put an end to many businesses like mine, what did I did wrong I have no Idea!!!, and no body seems to know whats going on.

digiblogger17, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  13. ImCanuck

ImCanuck Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hear you. I have been labouring with mine too. I have held my position with some of my keywords but they only earn some revenue. The sad part for me is that I was climbing way up the ranks on some of the best keywords in my industry and I thought I would be leaving my full time job within the next couple of months and then here comes panda.

Google can be right down hypocrytical when you think about it. They keep on harping about natural linking and great content + relevancy to the searcher. Then they serve up their ad scumware on some of their listings (Google Doubleclick or whatever they call it) and your redirected to a website that is not even remotely close to what you were searching for!

I understand that businesses need to make money they will forget about relevance if they can cash in on their crappy ads. Hey, do as we say and not as we do.
    They have a problem with paid links and state that it makes for a poor user experience and the businesses that buy these links are manipulating the serps. If a business can afford to buy links than obviously their customers are buying their products and have decided that they are relevant for the keywords they found them on. But Google doesnt see any of that revenue so it's a problem.

Let's not forget how they took over the ppc industry and started charging up the kazoo for every click. Before they got involved you could buy really affordable traffic that converted into sales. All of those small ppc companies have either sold to the bigger players or have folded because of Adwords.

Anyway that's how I see it and I guess things change suddenly online. If you want to figure out what Google thinks you did wrong find Matt Cutts videos on youtube and watch a lot of them. Also search Google for panda recovery and panda updates and such. There are some people on Fiverr offering reports and custom recovery tips also. Good luck and I hope you get back your rankings.

ImCanuck, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  14. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    My traffic has doubled in the past week — after being hammered earlier this year by Panda.

How? I recently removed an overabundance of footer links from each page. I'm guessing Google was interpreting them as SEO footer spam. When I removed them, traffic skyrocketed overnight.

Jim4767, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  15. ImCanuck

ImCanuck Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I have seen one blog in particular a PR6 drop to n/a in one update because they had a whack load of footer links.

ImCanuck, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  16. indyguidedotinfo

indyguidedotinfo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    thats true.. one day im on page 1 and make good money.. next day im on page 3 for the same keyword and sales go down!

indyguidedotinfo, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  17. cartoonbabyboy

cartoonbabyboy Active Member

Best Answers:
    i did the footer removal thing but my website isn't approving - if yet, dropping!

cartoonbabyboy, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  18. katrina47

katrina47 Active Member

Best Answers:
    are you talking about footer links going to internal pages or external pages?

katrina47, Oct 21, 2011 IP
  19. Toon-c

Toon-c Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic increased by 30% in my websites ..

Toon-c, Oct 21, 2011 IP
  20. vabtrock

vabtrock Active Member

Best Answers:
    Even Google panda is bad for bloggers and website owners I still think that its massive smash over the spammers and auto generated blog posts

vabtrock, Oct 21, 2011 IP