1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Account disabled (Have been a publisher for 5 years)

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Freewebspace, Oct 14, 2011.

Today all of sudden I got this mail from Adsense team stating that your account had been disabled...
    I never copied any content from other sites..and I have been a publisher for 4 years without any incidents..but still they disabled my account..

Google Adsense is one hell of a crap program and though I have appealed I wonder whether they would enable my account because their customer support for Adsense is very poor..

Since they are the only one..they are behaving like a monopoly..

I have just earned $400 for last 4 months and

I am not a big time publisher..The listed below are my stats for 2 of the sites (http://delete.twitlan.com, http://www.mahabharatepisode.com)

Unique visitors: 23,000
    Page views:112,000

I don't still why the heck they disabled my account as most of the visitors are from Google search only..Worse I had $136 in account..
    I think Google increases their profit by disabling accounts like this and adding the money to their coffers instead of repaying the advertisers..

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
    Freewebspace, Oct 14, 2011 IP
  2. JessieJames27

JessieJames27 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Guess what? i earned 700 dollars in all of my sites. And, they also banned my adsense account without anywarning or whatsoever. Damn!

JessieJames27, Oct 14, 2011 IP
  3. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No need to get tension. Depending solely on adsense is a bad idea after all. There are millions of other ways to monetize your sites. If you want to stick with adsense then go here
    I wonder every month they disable publishers account on these dates(15-20). I guess this saves them more money because they get to keep the payment of the whole last month and also half of the current month.

newbie191, Oct 14, 2011 IP
  4. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:

That's really crap..It means they are following some unethical practices to increase their revenue ..no wonder they are inflating their revenues by these means

5. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    they usually write the reason in their email, even a vague reason. You didn't mention it.
    Plus honestly I'm with them since 2003, they haven't banned me yet, but I know it can happen anyday, so I have a few other sources of income, but also if one day they ban me, then imagine how many other things opens up for you, like affiliate programs which I don't use so much because adsense is so easy..
    Take it as a chance to do something else, more profitable, and also good luck on your appeal process :)

JamesColin, Oct 14, 2011 IP
  6. Freewebspace

Best Answers:
    Here you go? What is invalid activity they have never mentioned it..

Yes it opens the opportunity for other avenues..but I can't simply stop here..They have been doing this for years..

And their customer service is crap because
    a)They take more time to reply to any queries /requests
    b) They don't have an 24/7 Call centre

Even a bank which is worth than $10 million can have all these why can't Google Adsense? What is preventing them to have these to serve publishers? They should also consider Publishers as their customers as they are taking a huge cut of 30% from our money..?

What is the difficulty they have in addressing the publishers?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  7. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    yes it's the vague email about invalid activity. Does it translate in too much traffic from non western countries? Do you remember the percentage of ad impressions you had from western countries (west-north europe, us & canada, etc.)

8. SaurabhMit

SaurabhMit Active Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the Club :D They banned me recently while I was a publisher since 2004 :D

SaurabhMit, Oct 14, 2011 IP
  9. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Let's face it. Google is a multi million $ company and they can disable any account whenever they want. They don't feel the need to "explain" anything to anybody doesn't matter if your account is 4 year old or 8 year old. Its just how it works. If you are a adsense publisher you should be mentally prepared for this. Or better say we are adsense publishers and we should be mentally prepared for this.

edit: 1400 posts :cool:

newbie191, Oct 14, 2011 IP
  10. Freewebspace

Best Answers:
    I had visitors from all over the world and I have about 100,000 page views from two of my sites for a month..I think there is something wrong with the way hey are deducting the invalid clicks..I think they are simply using an automated system to detect clicks which won't take how many years the publisher had been with the adsense or how many page views per month he has..

I think that is another crap system they have to detect adsense ads..

What are the best other systems for an Publisher?

I don't care about whether they are multi-million/multi-billion,All I ask is for some standards they need to implement..They can't do whatever they want simply because they have more money..They have to answer these..

They have earned 30% of my income which came from my sites which I built because of my hardwork and there is every reason for me to expect some sort of response from them..

11. Rupam Das

Rupam Das Active Member

Best Answers:
    Freewebspace

If google bans you, then they can ban anybody. I mean not only you are an excellent webmaster but a very ethical and professional One.

James You dont have a control over the adsense clicker or site visitor. We create sites, because so many people all over the world joins and spend good time. That is another aspect of web business.

If somebody from Indian Subcontinent is a risk to program then they must withdraw the same from these countries. And it is not that only Indian and Pakistani Publishers accounts are getting banned, they are rather doing it with every small publishers.

Seen many cases of such Bans. Tell you the fact AdSense is never a Program to depend upon. When we are new, it gives us some sort of motivation. But there ends it all. Every web publisher must build skills to have a good support earning system. Even if some group of people decide to take down DP by continuesly clicking it's ads distributedly, would Google close DP's adsense?

Its simple game. If you are not profitable earner, you are simply out of Google's favor. Its when People starts refusing to get into AdSense , the policies or strategies would be revived. But there are just too many online dream showers who offers you low cost trick to become Bill Gates in a Year.

Really Really shame of google's part to ban such webmasters who are with the company for such a long time.

Rupam Das, Oct 14, 2011 IP
  12. Freewebspace

Best Answers:
    It's not only me they have been doing it to Webmasters all over the world for no apparent reason..I think this is way they are increasing their revenues to be good books of Wall Street..If they are not willing to respect publishers (Big or small) then they don't deserve to be in business..I think it's hightime someone should file a complaint against Google in US for unfair trade practices..

And just last night I linked my adsense account with analytics..whether this ban has something to do with that?

13. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Shouldn't it be taken in a positive way as it creates a clear motivation for developping other online income sources?

14. Rupam Das

Rupam Das Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have my own theory. People says that they check the websites only before the payouts. That is particularly wrong theory. I have record that says many publishers were banned in one week, 1 month at 20$ at 50$ and so.

So they do check sites and do they regularly. Most of the cases like yours is bit different. They set the filter way ahead of the banning period. and then they allow to continue till the payout before they actually ban you.

Actually a Kid sued google for 720$ pending amount and Google was defeated in the court and had to pay the kid. It is a famous Case which google lost.

This is another page that must give you a clue that a significant volume of US publishers are banned.
    http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/AdSense/thread?tid=569628fbebc9bfd2&hl=en

Rupam Das, Oct 14, 2011 IP
  15. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Isn't it a way with cj, shareasale, clickbank and others, to earn even more money than adsense with your existing traffic? I'm sure there is something to be found.

16. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I removed adsense and earning more from other source.

pupul, Oct 14, 2011 IP
  17. Freewebspace

Best Answers:
    What are the other sources you are using?

My visitors are on my site only to see videos and delete tweets and they are not high paying customers?

Freewebspace, Oct 15, 2011 IP
  18. Rupam Das

Rupam Das Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have a Great Idea though! How about Asking Sawn ( DP King) To make a real Banner Software And a system for publishing. A program that Can Determine the valuation of a site based on aspects like Bounce rate, UV, Return Visitors, Time spent on site , Link Building Rate, PR, Alexa and Determine the suitable Adviews, places the rates in a auction system and an Ad program that will be fare.

I am sure Sawn and some of whiz kids from stanford can deliver such an ad and wow!

But the reality is Adbrite, Chitika are not having enough Advertisers. Because no matter what happens, Ads are search dependent. Till Google rules search market, Adsense will be unreplacable with other ad programs.

But for a change I want you to have a look at www.codeproject.com. Dont be surprised to see 1 lack users online. I am a member of that site since 1998. They Never Used Adsense even when there were only 900 members.

Facebook never used adsense.

Grupon Dont use them.

Twitter Never USed AdSense.

Even when they were startups, they never used adsense. And History is with these sites. Look where they are and where others are. DP's case is different, so is site point's .

Direct marketing is the way I guess and Event Advertisements! Nobody has yet explored them fully. But worth giving a try rather than depending purely on pennies. I do have adsense in my sites, but am never too impressed to see a dating ad shown up in a C++ tutorial . LOL :)

Rupam Das, Oct 15, 2011 IP
  19. lead2play

lead2play Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Even if we complaint about Google in US, they will gather lawyers which in turn will take more money from us for blaming company like Google.

lead2play, Oct 15, 2011 IP
  20. Freewebspace

Best Answers:
    I am not talking about suing Google that would be a expensive process what about complaints under United States Anti Trust law

Whether this would come under that?

Freewebspace, Oct 15, 2011 IP