1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Every Small Business Need A Website?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by queensWebDesign, Oct 9, 2011.

My answer is a resounding yes! I've come across many small business owners think that since there business is local or small that having a website is pointless. Curious to know what other business owners think.

queensWebDesign, Oct 9, 2011 IP
  2. globalbusiness

globalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    It is not that necessary to have a website.I am running my offline and online business since couple of years without having a website.

globalbusiness, Oct 9, 2011 IP
  3. thriftgirl62

thriftgirl62 Member

Best Answers:
    Established offline business owners who were doing business just fine before the internet don't see the point because they know what to look for. HYPE doesn't work and they believe nothing you say. If you can't show what you can deliver, they won't buy into the internet promises - not again.

thriftgirl62, Oct 9, 2011 IP
  4. HuggyEssex

HuggyEssex Member

Best Answers:
    If you can tell a local business they will earn more money with little extra overheads then you can sell the idea. What I normally do is go into local shops give them my business card. If they get in touch with me then I know they are interested, I will do some research on keywords, potential traffic and competition for what they are trying to do.

You need to sell them the idea that investing in a an online presence will benefit their company.

HuggyEssex, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  5. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Every business needs a website nowadays the only questions is which functions for the website they need. They don't need a shop to sell thier products if they intend to attract people to come to their shop and so on

At the same time they need to know how to run or use a website to expand business, without there is no added value for them - so you could say it makes no difference if they have one or not.

Sensei.Design, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  6. e-Marketing Solutions

e-Marketing Solutions Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes because now a days online visibility is must. it is like your mobile phone through which people can reach you.

e-Marketing Solutions, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  7. irule272

irule272 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not necessarily but having a website will be a good help for you to be able to reach your clients easily and market your business online.

It's like the extension of your business that is running 24 hours 7 days a week w/out needing another employee as you can monitor it just by yourself. Just imagine that :)

irule272, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  8. queensWebDesign

queensWebDesign Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe consumers are more tech-savy these days and expect that they can find anything online. If you can't be found online by potential customers/clients you are invisible. And being invisible is costing a business money whether they realize it or not.

queensWebDesign, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  9. Brie Pavacik

Brie Pavacik Peon

Best Answers:
    Well if your customers can reach internet and read about your business and you can grow contacts and write on your business card then it makes all the sense, otherwise there isn't any benefit. but usually most customers are able to access internet and you should have a business website too.

Brie Pavacik, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  10. Nick_Hostinizer

Nick_Hostinizer Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes - 2011.No - 1990-1995.

Nick_Hostinizer, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  11. sphere1

sphere1 Peon

Best Answers:
    It would depend on what type of business it is.
    If it is for something very local like a fish and chip shop
    then no cause who is going to buy a plane ticket to try
    out "Papa's Awesome Chips" Certainly not me...

sphere1, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  12. Leisure Is My Business

Leisure Is My Business Peon

Best Answers:
    Operating outside of a local comunity for a lot of products will require some web presence. What better way to show your goods and services off.

Leisure Is My Business, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  13. linksboy

linksboy Member

Best Answers:
    it's abselutely need. It's online media Era

linksboy, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  14. OnlyNiceLinks

OnlyNiceLinks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think it depends on the business.

OnlyNiceLinks, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  15. hmindrajaya

hmindrajaya Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, nowadays, in order to follow information technology era, i think a company which has a wide market should have a website.

hmindrajaya, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  16. RainDefenceRoofing

RainDefenceRoofing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think it would hurt any business to have a website, even a chipshop could have something that gives a bit of info which may help get their name out there a bit. It's all advertising.

RainDefenceRoofing, Oct 11, 2011 IP
  17. RainDefenceRoofing

RainDefenceRoofing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The thing I've found recently is that most tradespeople have such rubbish websites, with broken links, crap or no pics and no real content, that they might as well not have them. It seems to make sense to spend a bit of time on it, otherwise if anyone checks you out to see a totally rubbish site that doesn't work, it's going to make you look unprofessional straightaway IMO.

RainDefenceRoofing, Nov 9, 2011 IP
  18. 1-3-3-7

1-3-3-7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, it is necessary but as others have pointed out, several business owners are still skeptical especially because they believe that the cost is going to be beyond their budget. However, I will say that in larger cities it's probably easier to get business owners interested in going online as the competition there is usually more hectic and if their competitors are online, they'll want to jump on the bandwagon too.

1-3-3-7, Nov 9, 2011 IP
  19. anakim

anakim Peon

Best Answers:
    it is very helpful for small online business. I registered one b2b site ec21.com for free and had my own homepage. Before that, I had no website, few chances to meet foreign buyers, and to show them my products altogether. After I got my own website I regularly receive a certain amount of buying inquiries. It brings more opportunities to get in touch with wholesalers, buyers easily.

anakim, Nov 18, 2011 IP
  20. Sonamseo

Sonamseo Member

Best Answers:
    Its depend upon you, if you want to limit your business in local area, then its not necessary to make site. But if you want to promote your business globly then its must need a site for your business.

Sonamseo, Nov 18, 2011 IP