1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to know how much adsense can really pay.. EASY WAY!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by JamesColin, Sep 29, 2011.

Whatever your adsense stats are in terms of CPC and CTR, the easiest way to gest the very best of adsense is to:
    - display only the most paying ad (they are ordered by highest eCPM (combination of CTR and CPC) so show only the first one in a single ad block)
    - optimize CTR

That way, on your specific topic, you'll see how adsense performs at the best conditions possible, only the most paying ad at a very well located spot.

I'm doing that on a site I'm building now, but since I do a adsense revenue sharing system, I'll display 3 ads, each with a block size of 234x60 which displays only one text ad at a time (no graphic/video ads for this format)

So my main issue is how to get the best possible CTR for those 3 small ads. Of course I put them above the page fold and I carefully choose their color to match the site's theme at best. They should really not be able to be missed from anybody visiting the page. Then up to them visitors to click on the ads or not, but at least they should notice the 3 ads and not immediatly take them for ads either.

If the CTR is not too low, the eCPM will be at its best possible for adsense, because the CPC will already be the best I could get for this site (except for the graphic/video ads)

JamesColin, Sep 29, 2011 IP
  2. izumi

izumi Banned

Best Answers:
    niche info,.. bro..

izumi, Sep 29, 2011 IP
  3. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    it's not really info, it's just to talk about it. what niche info you're talking about? About my new site? It has nothing to do with the topic. But my site is about lost&found objects if you want to know.

JamesColin, Sep 29, 2011 IP
  4. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    i think that stupid noob meant to say nice info. But yea, just another lame "thank you" noob

Project Mobius, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  5. digitalwebman06

digitalwebman06 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah thanks for sharing. but what is the need of this? i think getting the payment and clicks are then main thing right? :)

digitalwebman06, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  6. morganmiller

morganmiller Peon

Best Answers:
    great ways of making money on adsense thx for sharing

morganmiller, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  7. Alan Smith

Alan Smith Active Member

Best Answers:
    Alan Smith, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  8. karilan

karilan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great tips...., thanks

karilan, Oct 1, 2011 IP
  9. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well it's something I need to try really on a high traffic page and compare results with old way too..

JamesColin, Oct 30, 2011 IP
  10. Rupam Das

Rupam Das Active Member

Best Answers:
    James.jpg

Assuming the Fact the your visitor lands on your page from SE, he sees the ad immidiately. He might want to check the content first, so the ads goes away from eyes.

He reads and comes down to see more. One ad unit there might be great. If that does not interests him, he goes up in search for the navigation. He sees two ads, one of the author in the middle and the other right at the top near to closing.

Again this is my opinion, what I felt by navigating few of your pages. Site ranking 22 in Alexa in LA even before an official launch? Tell me you guys are not joking! :)

Rupam Das, Oct 30, 2011 IP
  11. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    In LA? I'm not sure, I think in LAOS, because LAOS is a small country and I was there for a month while developping it, so it was even 17 at some point, it means the 17th most visited site in Laos this month, hahaha..

JamesColin, Oct 30, 2011 IP
  12. тнє Sufi

тнє Sufi Peon

Best Answers:
    I had put 3 ads with 300x250. Mostly I get clicks on the image ads kept with my article tests.

тнє Sufi, Oct 30, 2011 IP
  13. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well Rupam I didn't comment on your suggestion. It's fine, but I have a few objections about it.
    First one about the top right corner, you know that many times if they come from search engine, then they click on the back button, not the close window button, because search engines don't open in a new window. And if for some reason, they opened the site in a new window, in most browser it is now a new tab, and from your screen shot you can see that the button to close the tab is not at top right, but more at top left or in the middle if there are several tabs opened already.

Second one about the end of site, it's true that it can be useful, but because of my lazyness it has been years since I made proper studies about CTR of ad units at the bottom.

The third one, which goes a little bit with the second one, is what I believe about getting clicks and putting ads at the top: I think I put all ads at the top, if people don't click on them, then they can enjoy the content with no ads. Those who will not click on ads, will not click on ads. those who will click on them, can do so without scrolling down the page, they don't mind, if the ad catches their interest, they will click quickly upon arriving on the page.

Those are just my opinions, but I admit very clearly that I haven't done proper tests for years, and to talk about it usefully I should have clear datas, which is not my case today. Would require some setup, analysis, etc. which means work which is quite incompatible with lazyness. :-(

So your suggestion could very well perform way better than what I have now, for which I don't have any idea of the performance anyway since I stopped developping this site, I don't look at its traffic which should be very few, so it is not serious at all. I will soon take all my will power in order to change the template to best reviewer and will try to do the same ad placement as shown here, and look at the stats. So that will maybe bring some real information instead of guess work.

JamesColin, Feb 22, 2012 IP