1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Illustrator or Corel Draw?

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by toxictaz, Sep 15, 2011.

I understand that both Illustrator and CorelDraw are used for vector designing but is there any major difference or any advantage of using one over other? What do you use?

Solved! View solution.
    toxictaz, Sep 15, 2011 IP
    Illustrator of course! Why even bother learning CorelDraw when you can use the leading brand.

Anotherdesignteam, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  3. sisatel

sisatel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Illustrator is more advanced graphic designing software that Corel Draw.

sisatel, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  4. MediaWorld

MediaWorld Peon

Best Answers:
    I like both the softwares but if i have to select one of them i would selct illustrator from them

MediaWorld, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  5. amasran

amasran Peon

Best Answers:
    Corel draw works fine for me I have never tried Illustrater perhaps I should try that

amasran, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  6. Steisi

Steisi Peon

Best Answers:
    Illustrator ... Theoretically more correct in terms of printing. Corel ... In something more simple. If you are a beginner, I would recommend Corel. Just because its features more and more easy to learn. So ... I work with both ... In some cases, I decide that Illustrator is the best in some.... that Corel. But ... Illustrator is for vector graphics creation. It is almost useless without InDesign and PhotoShop. Corel includes PhotoPaint, supports multiple pages and somehow allows you to design multi-page work.

Steisi, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  7. jeckvilson

jeckvilson Peon

Best Answers:
    As per my graphics designing experience Corel Draw is the best graphics designing software. Compatibility features in our products help to maximise the use of internal software assets as well as those of your clients.

jeckvilson, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  8. alodia

alodia Peon

Best Answers:
    Both are great on images but I still chose Photoshop =)

alodia, Sep 19, 2011 IP
  9. logoonlinepros

logoonlinepros Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Illustrator is more better and advance tool for graphics designer which use vector images in there logo and other design work. Mostly user use illustrator.

logoonlinepros, Sep 19, 2011 IP
  10. jumpjump

jumpjump Peon

Best Answers:
    Corel draw works better for .gif image, Illustrator is for complicated graphics

jumpjump, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  11. Webinho

Webinho Guest

Best Answers:
    Illustrator by far. I use it (I am in the graphic design/comic book business) and it is pretty much the standard along with Photoshop.

Webinho, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  12. pj hardon

pj hardon Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest illustrator as it is the industry standard, therefore more help online.

pj hardon, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  13. johnnright

johnnright Peon

Best Answers:
    Illustrator is better i think , you can make nice graphic whatever its complicated or not you can do in Illustrator

johnnright, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  14. scarrott22

scarrott22 Peon

Best Answers:
    I see threads like this saying that Illustrator is the better software all the time, but as yet i've never actually seen a proper reason why. I've seen a few people say 'Corel can't do X', but it always seems to be an ignorance of Corel or people knowing what it was like 10 versions ago. I've used CorelDraw day in, day out for 10 years now and I challenge anyone to give me an example of something you can do better and more quickly in Illustrator than I can do in CorelDraw. Illustrator has a habit of adding 5 steps to every task you do. Every now and again I get an Illustrator file given to me by a client and I almost always get so frustrated with Illy that i end up importing it into CorelDraw (which incidentally, you can do easily. Try importing Corel into Illy and see how far you get).

Some of my main gripes with Illy are:

-Font substitution: Open a file that you don't have the font for (or the font is named very slightly differently) and Illy just substitutes the default font. Corel asks what font you would like to use for each missing font.
    -Selection of objects: The inability of Illy to select only objects fully contained by the marquee. This is invaluable when you have multiple objects on a background image. Corel by default only selects contained objects, but if you hold Alt it selects everything the marquee touches, like Illy.
    -Multiple page: Yes, it's in Illy now, but it works terribly compared to Corel which has had it forever.
    -Print imposition: Laying up more than one copy (e.g., business cards) on a page when printing in Illy is very manual and time consuming. In Corel it is one click.
    -Aligning objects: When using align tools, Corel always aligns to the last object you click when Shift-Selecting. This saves lots of messing around having to change the order of objects before aligning.
    -Adding fonts: If i install a font whilst using Corel, it shows up straight away. In Illy i have to exit out of the program and reload to see the new font.
    -Shape editing: I think it is almost universally accepted that the shape editing tools in Corel are far superior (the one thing the forums seem to agree on).

I could go on, the list is near endless. I really can't understand why people pay 3 times more for software that just doesn't do as much! I apologise if i'm wrong on any of these points, but this is my experience. Please give me some examples of what Illy can do better than Corel. And please don't say colour management, because the latest version of Corel has hugely improved this and it is on a par with Illy now.

Incidentally, I do accept that Photoshop is better than Photopaint!

scarrott22, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  15. JerryGerry

JerryGerry Peon

Best Answers:
    Illustrator is better than Corel Draw. You can use many tools feature there rather than Corel, also its compatable with another adobe for your finishing works. :)

JerryGerry, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  16. scarrott22

scarrott22 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's the sort of answer I normally get, but there's nothing specific. What tools does illustrator have that CorelDraw doesn't have? Also, Corel is very compatible with all Adobe software, it's the other way round that i find a problem.

scarrott22, Sep 27, 2011 IP
  17. pj hardon

pj hardon Member

Best Answers:
    The only thing I could suggest for this is seemless connection with other adobe products like AE and photoshop. When working in AE I can open the particular image through the program and it will open in its prefered adobe program then I can tweak it and try it but it wont save till I confirm. Other than that its personal choice they are both vector programs and will both do the job needed.

pj hardon, Sep 28, 2011 IP
  18. Mr.wrath

Mr.wrath Member

Best Answers:
    both softwares works good....

but on Corel...it does have auto saving functions unlike AI...
    But Ai haved the best effects and flexibility for designing...

:)

Mr.wrath, Sep 29, 2011 IP
  19. jonnycover

jonnycover Peon

Best Answers:
    Corel Draw runs smoother on my computer, but I still prefer Illustrator because of the close interface to Photoshop

jonnycover, Sep 29, 2011 IP
  20. webdesignbizz

webdesignbizz Peon

Best Answers:
    If your looking for a good vector drawing program then look no further then Corel Draw. Adobe Illustrator is a good program but for price and performance Corel shines in the end. Its to bad universities have not grasp the power of Corel Draw. Its used in any textile and banner making industry so why not get your copy of Corel Draw. Below are my reasons why to get Corel Draw versus Adobe Illustrator. This is my review on why Corel is better then Illustrator.

webdesignbizz, Oct 5, 2011 IP