1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Obama Approval Rating Falling!

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Corwin, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    People don't vote based on research. They vote based on emotions. At least 80% of the world population.

Remember Ross Perot? Starts at 3:11

[video=youtube;QR0aZTjzGVo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR0aZTjzGVo&feature=related[/video]

Blogmaster, Sep 23, 2011 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is sadly, so so true.

Obamanation, Sep 23, 2011 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    He is proof positive that a man should be judged by the content of his character, not by the color of his skin.

Mia, Sep 23, 2011 IP
  4. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Couldn't agree more..

People don't want information, they want stories, they don't want to research, they want to be told what they should do...

The Webby, Sep 23, 2011 IP
  5. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    And they vote out of guilt too...

Mia, Sep 23, 2011 IP
  6. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    At the very least Obama has proved what you just wrote.He may have destroyed well entrenched stereo typing.This more than anything may be what he will be remembered for in history.

Spoiltdiva, Sep 23, 2011 IP
  7. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Yeah, and many love Ron Paul because he delivered 5,000 babies. Who gives a shit ...

8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    He's pretty much ruined any chance another man of color has of being elected President. It's unfortunate, because there were many more qualified men and women of color for that position.

Mia, Sep 23, 2011 IP
  9. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I disagree. Yes Obama is a complete failure, but I think the only ones who will attach that failure to the color of his skin would never have voted for a black guy in the first place, and they make up less than 30% of our population these days. If Herman Cain turned out to be the nominee, he'd likely waltz right into the oval office. He is also the only guy who could divide the black vote which will go nearly 90% to Obama in 2012 if any other candidate is the nominee.

The only people who Obama has ruined the chances for are the folks with the letter (D) next to their name, and only for one election cycle or two. People wanted change in 2008 and they got more of the same on steroids. Obama made Bush look like an amatuer on cronie capitalism and a genius on consensus building and leadership. For about four years, you can count on people not buying bright eyed idealistic campaign slogans like "hope and change" as a certificate of ability to govern. After that, the sheep will probably have long forgotten the past and vote for whoever seems coolest, once again, regardless of the color of his skin.

10. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Bobby Kennedy planned to have Martin Luther King, Jr. as his running mate, but we know what happened to both of them. So Jesse Jackson and Obama received enough support from the media and the financial leadership to take his place and do pretty much nothing which Jesse has excelled at for over 40 years now.

11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I was not suggesting that people would associate failure with a skin color, but rather that people will likely no longer vote for someone because they feel guilty about their own skin color.

I'd like to see people vote for someone because of (it's cliche') the "content of their character". I like Cain and was an avid Keyes supporter. My decision was based solely on what I saw in terms of character and the ability to speak and think independently, without reading something that was pre-prepaired by someone else and read off a teleprompter.

Mia, Sep 23, 2011 IP
  12. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Guilt. Possibly the single feeling I abhor the most.

13. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I do, somewhat. But for clarity, do you want to explain exactly what connection you're trying to make? If it's his claim to have all this grass roots support, well, Obama claims the same today. He was against NAFTA, but he also had some very anti-freedom policies like firing any employee that committed adultery, and supporting strict gun control laws. In the end I guess he lost much of his support when he started claiming "Republican operatives" were after him? I don't remember that, just read it:

Rebecca, Sep 23, 2011 IP
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    It's almost entirely about guilt.

Those that did not vote for him did so because they did not see a leader, saw no experience, and no substance.

Those that did vote for him did so primarily because he was not Bush/White.

It's sad to say, but in retrospect; true.

Mia, Sep 23, 2011 IP
  15. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That, above, and the response - truer words have never been written.

Reminds me of a quote from that great movie Caesar and Cleopatra:
    Cleopatra: It is not that I am so clever but that the others are so stupid.
    Pothinus: Truly that is the great secret.

Corwin, Sep 24, 2011 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  16. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As a somewhat sheep, I truly don't "want" to be told what to do, though I certainly let it happen. Actually, if anything, "I want factual information" handed to me on a platter. I think most sheep are that way but some of the 'herders' feel we do need to be told, so they do, which would be fine if not for the rhetoric and lies riddled throughout.

Bushranger, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  17. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Life is easier for you mate..

For me, it's all arguments and shitload of questions.. What the heck!!

The feeling of guilt, because in the era of political correctness you have been told to feel guilty.
    You are made to believe that If you don't feel guilty then you are a racist.

Paul can't be any worse than Obama, can he?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
    The Webby, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  18. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Tough to say. Many believe he too is playing a game and in reality working for the bankers as controlled opposition. If that was the case, I doubt America would survive another false hope scenario ending in an even worse situation.

If however he is legit, I can see him make a huge difference. But why would the ones in charge of the financial institutions let their power go so easily because of one man?

Blogmaster, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  19. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    It might be worth pointing out that unlike Obama, Paul has actually been to the dance once or twice before. Betting on a half term senator with only 46 years on this planet, zero business experience, and only two years of federal government experience, is a lot like plunking down your life savings on 00 at the roulette wheel. I'm not a huge Paul fan, but has been saying the same damn thing for a couple decades. Like him or hate him, one could never accuse him of not being principled.

Which is why I say, screw it. Let Bo-Bo have another term. We will do a lot better by keeping him in office and flushing the dross out of the senate. 60 fiscally conservative voices in the Senate and an expanded tea party presence in the House, while keeping a raging lefty in the Oval office sounds ideal, perhaps even more ideal than having someone like Perry in office with those same margins in congress. Bush and Obama are both living proof that one party rule is a bad thing. Besides, Obama is really starting to win me over with foreign policy. Did you see Newsweek just reported Obama sold bunker busters to Israel, perfect for taking out Iranian underground uranium enrichment facilities? If he wasn't such an economic retard, profligate spender, and habitual liar, he would have my full support across party lines :).

Obamanation, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  20. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    If we give him that and things turn out as you wish, all credit will go to him and help whoever he chooses to follow him. We do not want that now, do we? ;)

Blogmaster, Sep 25, 2011 IP